McAdoo on Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ben McAdoo isn’t really a credible guy imo ao who cares what he thinks.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Which, of course, does nothing to negate the claim that McAdoo still knows more about football than anyone at the Jets.

3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The fact that Shurmur prefers Allen hints at a long couple of years for the Giants

Shurmur is not a good coach

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A small edit for you, sure this is what you were really saying. :)

FJF, Sam Hammer, Harpua and 1 other person like this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

..... "and the winner......... jethro tull!"

[​IMG]

The Waterboy likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know I shouldn’t waste my time responding to a clearly obvious troll post, but McAdoo was the Packers QB coach for two years, 2012 and 2013.

Rodgers’s 4-year averages as a starter before McAdoo: 4,259 yards, 65.5% completion, 33 TD, 9 INT, 4 rush TD, 105 QBR

Boy, he really turned a mound of shit into a flowery garden when he stepped in the following year and Rodgers numbers stayed almost exactly the same huh?

Oh and here’s a nice little gem from the 2011 season wrap up, before McAdoo had anything to do with Rodgers:

“The Packers' offense was historically prolific, ranking as the second-best pass offense and third-best total offense since they began calculating. Furthermore, quarterbackAaron Rodgers had the fourth-most-prolific season, play by play, since calculations began and some have called it one of the most efficient seasons ever by a quarterback by setting the NFL record for highest passer rating in a season (122.5). The 2011 Packers are one of only five teams in NFL history to score 35 points or more nine times in a single season and one of only two teams to score 42 points or more in at least six games, the other being the 2013 Broncos. The Packers' 70 total touchdowns are tied with the 1984 Dolphins for the third-most touchdowns scored in a season, and their 51 total touchdown passes are tied with the 2004 Colts for second-most touchdown passes in a season”

#26 BroadwayAaron, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here is my disclaimer. Any HC blessed with a SB winner and arguably one of the top receivers in the game who finishes with a worst record than the Jets does not know shit and is by definition inferior to anyone in the Jets building. Just saying.

#27 LAJet, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean if you want to be technical about it

Mogriffjr, FJF and BroadwayAaron like this.
  9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wait, What?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk, this thread is hilarious but Mcadoo wasn't really hatin on Darnold that much.

He said Darnold had some magic to his game, whatever that means, first. in terms of criticism he just said he would have a hard time drafting a guy with a throwing motion like that in the 1st round which I think is valid on the surface. Darnold does have a funky delivery. In most cases guys like that don't get drafted in the 1st round. Darnold is just different.

----

In the end, Mcadoo's just a lifelong set in his ways old skool football guy. That's probably why he failed with the Giants. Its like in baseball, "the old guard" scouts might look at a sidearmed pitching prospect and say he throws funny so they say they don't want him. Whereas the new age moneyball stats nerd doesn't care how the guy looks when he throws he just looks at results. Mcadoo is "the old guard" that's why he likes Josh Allen the most, the guy who looks best in shorts and t-shirt throwing

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Tell that to the RCC, the Mormon Church, and the Jehovah's Witnesses (the latter two are currently involved in horrific sex abuse cover ups), but yes, 100% agree. No truer words have ever been spoken.

So yeah, Penn State, Mike McQueary is another one who infuriated me. He claims he did do the right thing, that he stopped the assault of Sandusky sodomizing that child in the shower, and went to campus police and reported it . . . who "mysteriously" did nothing. Doing the right thing would have been saying screw the police, both campus and and local <== who may have also potentially done nothing. Doing the right thing would've been cutting out the middleman, retaining an attorney, and going directly to the FBI. I'm sure they would've been very interested in what he had to say. He could've used The Whistleblower Protection Act to protect his job and his livelihood and sued Penn State up the ass if they fired him. Instead, he's an idiot and was an indirect enabler.

He was worried about his job and was caught up in the culture of the deification of Paterno, the University, and the visibility it provided him, yet was too stupid (see second to last sentence above) - or just unwilling - to think outside the box because he was only concerned about himself. He could've been a true hero and saved countless other lives from being ruined, and guess what? The abuse continued unabated as his head rested comfortably upon his pillow. The irony of his cowardice is that he wound up getting fired when it blew open, anyway. His wife divorced him, he's crying financial strife and unfair persecution in the media and from society itself, no-one will hire him, and he's been blacklisted. He is now considered a leper. Gee, I wonder why. I have less than zero sympathy for that guy and the death of his college football coaching career. He earned it.

@NotSatoshiNakamoto, I'm glad you made an off the cuff remark even though it has nothing to do with McAdoo. Things like this should stay in the public consciousness if not for anything but awareness and hoping that the people affected find healing in their lives. Their chances are not the greatest. I zing Paterno whenever the opportunity presents, not because I think he was an inherently bad person, but what happened under his watch was beyond egregious and criminal and to say he didn't know is complete horseshit. I zinged him in recent weeks, I don't remember which thread at the moment. "He tried to do something about it." GTF outta here with that. He still has a legion of sycophants.

There's a lot more to say i.e. the protests of how "innocent" and "in the dark" Paterno was, the protests when his statue came down, the absolutely delusional denial of Paterno's son (I don't mean he was just denying what his father knew and when did he know it, he was in DENIAL) trying to protect Joe Pa's legacy. We all know the fish rots from the head down, just sayin'. OK, enough for now because I'm getting really angry and upset all over again and I probably made everybody's eyes bleed on top of it. Back to this brilliant thread. Have a nice Saturday all.

EDIT & P.S.: McQueary did wind up suing Penn State under the Whistleblower Protection Act - AFTER he was fired 9 years later. I should've stated that more clearly that he should've done it initially if he'd been fired for opening his mouth. He was awarded $7.3 million in 2016, and Penn State is still fighting to have it overturned. I hope they both lose.

#31 jetophile, Jul 14, 2018
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

McAdoo is getting a feel for the city.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Coming through in true Jethro form.

So McAdoo developed a QB who had already won a Super Bowl. Since Rodgers has not won a Super Bowl since McAdoo was there I would say it is more likely he undeveloped him.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. The Waterboy

Ben McAdoo is black? Is he related to Eric Smith?

15. The Waterboy

I really wish that thread was still around

16. The Waterboy

It looks like Jethro is gunning for back to back wins as Least Knowledgeable poster

MoWilkBeast and K'OB like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ummmm.. I was wondering about that myself... LOL

gajetsfan and The Waterboy like this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

LMAO at Ben McAdoo being responsible for Aaron Rodgers. He was a tight ends coach from 2005-2011. He didn't become QB coach until 2012-2013 long after Rodgers developed and he only lasted 2 years with that position. He was terrible on the giants.

I'll take Bates over McAdoo anyday, and we haven't even had him for a single season at OC yet. If McAdoo was so brilliant, he'd have another job by now.

#38 Sam Hammer, Jul 14, 2018
    egelband likes this.
  19. It just seems like a really short sighted take.It only takes watching 2-3 games of Darnold to realize that the throwing motion does not delay his release at all..in fact 2 of the things Darnold does best(quick passing game & Throwing under pressure inc. outside of the pocket) are the 2 aspects one would have concerns with.

I think if one wanted to get on Darnold it would be for the turnovers this past season..the throwing motion criticism is just not watching enough of him play.

themorey likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This thread seems more like a McAdon't.

egelband and AlexJETS like this.