Watching Hard Knocks on NFL Network and here is my feelings

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Dont remember Keller doing that against Baltimore but he did drop a key pass for a 1st down when he got absolutely blown up by ray Lewis.He also caught a nice pass to move the ball within the 5 yard line that was a negated by a penalty

2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Ok , well, congrats on that but I can't sympathize with a 'green horn', :p - lets see how you sound 30-40 years from now like quite a few members have on this forum. But judging by your grief and lamenting, not sure that you will last, lol

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I'd rather punch myself in the nuts, thank you very much.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I do believe that's what being a Jets fan is all about.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wonder what it would have been like if the Jets actually showed up in the 1st half and weren't down 24-0. They just came out flat. I think they were better than the Steelers and playing better heading into that game, but they laid a 1st Half egg. Too bad. That is why I get upset when people put blame on Sanchez those seasons. 09 The defense was terrible against the Colts in the 2nd Half and the Defense was even worse against the Steelers. Fans somehow blamed Mark instead.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The funny thing about that Packers game is that if the Jets won, the Packers don't make the playoffs that year, hence don't win the superbowl.

Yeah, I do wonder what could have been if they didn't completely choke the 1st half of that Steelers game. Packers vs Jets rematch in the super bowl would have been interesting.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Mark made some big plays in the 4 playoff wins, but he wasn't outstanding in any of them. The defense played a big role in those games as did the running game. He did cost us games in 2009 where we lost the division by 1 game. He was a rookie, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. A home playoff game would've been nice though. In 2010, he won us games we easily could've lost. While Peyton outplayed him in the first AFCC game, he was easily the better QB in the 2nd AFCC game. IMO, Sanchez never took the next step from being an adequate game manager to someone who can be an above average FQB. He seemed to make the same bad decisions over and over again.

Hopefully the USC QB currently on the roster does better than the previous one leads us to a Lombardi Trophy or three. :D

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. jetophile

That's what the Jets typically do. Play up or down to their competition, but when it REALLY matters, it's as if they're all dude, skateboarding, cool, fun, what time is it? They came out flat is not the word. "Can't wait!" - Bart Scott. Yeah, well . . .

The Jets gimped Roethlisrapist and the Steelers had a 3rd & 19. Dare I dream? We still had a puncher's chance. NO, DREAMS ARE FOR IDIOTS AND A NIGHTMARE ENSUED. The Jets went all Pee Wee Football and the D folded like a cheap suit. How do you not stop that?! This isn't a testament to Mr. Crash Dummy, rather a condemnation of the Jets D who somehow thought this was a scrimmage. Alright, I'm getting the sweats. Sanchez threw a crucial pick but that loss was on the D. F you Eric Smith. The missed tackles was like watching a van full of puppies careen off a cliff. Where's the Rolaids.

#28 jetophile, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He had no INT's in that game. Did have a strip sack and a fumble that Pitt returned for a TD to make it 24-0.

10. jetophile

Right. Sometimes all of the debacles blend together, including my idiot phone changing competition to completion. I tried to fix it. I was intercepted by autocorrect, which would be pretty cool if any of it made a difference on the field.