Visiting Ireland

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by GQMartin, Jul 9, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Team,

Will be hitting up Ireland (first time) in a couple weeks. Spending a few days in Galway, Donegal and finally Dublin.

Any recommendations regarding "cannot miss" experiences would be appreciated.

Walt White likes this.
  2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The Ring of Kerry is widely viewed as the number one tourist attraction in Ireland. It is filled with beautiful scenery. It starts and ends in Killarney, which is about a three-hour drive from Galway. This would definitely take (at least) one full day including the drive down.

If you go to Kerry, on your way to Dublin you can stop at Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney Stone, which would undoubtedly guarantee that you would win Most Valuable Poster here next year due to your newly-found gift of gab.

I thought seeing the 1200-year-old Book of Kells at Trinity College in Dublin was amazing, and it should be combined with walking around the college. If you're interested in the darker side of British/Irish history Kilmainham Gaol is a fascinating place. And if you like stout the Guinness Storehouse is an obvious attraction (get your pint at the end and take it up to see the 360 degree views at the Gravity Bar).

TripAdvisor gives useful advice about visiting all of these places.

GQMartin likes this.
  3. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well you got that covered! :) The Gaol was the first place I thought of. Seconded.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Travel light​
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Cliffs of Moher
    Ring of Kerry / Dingle Peninsula

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Safe travels GQ. Tell me all about it when we head to Jets training camp together.

GQMartin likes this.