Offer Bridgewater and Kearse...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Jun 24, 2018.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

to Tampa Bay for Bucs 2019 2nd round pick.

Tampa Bay has no QB for first 3 games (save Fitzpatrick)

Jets currently have no 2nd round pick in 2019

Bridgewater trade value high--Jets don't need Bridgewater, Darnold and McCown

Jets have TONS of mediocre/above-average WRs--Anderson, Kearse, Pryor, Enumwa, Hansen, Stewart, and about 10 other guys--Kearse is no better or worse than the rest and he has a non-guaranteed contract. Hansen supposedly has looked so good lately--why keep at #4-5 WR?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Until they're sure about TB's knee, they're not able to trade him. Even then, the Jets can't go into the season with only 1 veteran QB on the roster no matter how good Darnold will be. Bridgewater will most likely be the #2 and Darnold #3. McCown gets hurt, you bring in Teddy. Teddy gets hurt, you bring in Darnold who then turns McCown into Wally Pipp.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Op is under valuing kearse or overrating the rest of the corps and over valuing teddy based on otas.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Throw in Powell for a 1st and then trade the 1st for three two's... lmao.

If Teddy's healthy that's golden. I don't get why people are so eager to get rid of him. There's plenty of time in the future to make a trade and recoup a pick, or sign a key FA to make up for a pick that's never a guarantee.

jetstopgun, FlaJet, LF911SC and 6 others like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think people are far too anxious to see Darnold on the field. Unless Sam is ready, the last thing you want to do is trade away your McCown insurance policy and risk everything on an unproven rookie. Just a really bad gamble if they trade a healthy Teddy before Darnold proves he's ready.

LF911SC, Mogriffjr, jixxjr and 7 others like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good points by @Cman60 and @Walt White

Keep Teddy and see what you got in him. Maybe Darnold won't pan out. Why give away something so early? Also, any objections if I merge this with the main Teddy thread? People complain when I do it but honestly we have more Teddy threads than Darnold threads. It feels like Teddy is creating an unrest in Jet fans.

FlaJet and dmw like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was about to say didn't Teddy sign for $500,000 guaranteed? Not exactly 2nd Round value. Also, who trades a 2nd Round Pick for just potentially 3 games of starting?

Kearse is a great WR to have for a young QB like Darnold. I hope he stays with the Jets for the next couple seasons.

FlaJet and JetBlue like this.
  8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

No, it's nice having good players on offense.

9. Rather have Dante Fowler Jr who wed have the $$$ to immediately re up.He fits the D and crosses a monumwntal need off the jets check list

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Tom, sorry, but that's an absolutely terrible idea imo. McCown has a hard time staying healthy, and if he went down with an injury, that would leave the Jets with only one QB. Kearse is our most reliable WR and one of our best. Bridgewater is probably our best QB at this point, so it makes no sense to trade him now anyway, and we may be able to trade him for a #2 by himself by the trade deadline. If Mac were to make this trade, I'd not only want him fired, but shot.

The heck they don't need Bridgewater, Darnold and McCown! Darnold can learn a lot from both Bridgewater and McCown. The best thing for the Jets this season would be to have Teddy starting, Darnold sitting and learning and McCown sitting and mentoring Darnold. We finally have good QB depth and you want to screw it up and place us in a perilous position. SMH

NYJetsO12 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The 2019 draft is going to be tough. We've traded the second round pick, lost the conditional 7th for Hack and we'll be picking #32 in the first round.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did anyone run this through Madden to see if they'd accept?

13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Not only that but I'm not so sure (assuming he's willing to) it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Teddy B around here for the long haul. Assuming reasonable health we all know he's a C-B- type "average" NFL starter but he seems to have the team mentality/personality to be a fantastic backup QB as well. Things happen. All this may change with future circumstances but as for right this second I'm hoping Teddy will be a Jet for years to come.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If we see a ton of Bridgewater in pre-season games, I expect the Jets are advertising him for a trade.

Until then, I'm not sure any team will bite without game tape.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm ok with moving Bridgewater, if the return is high enough. I'm thinking a 2nd rounder.

But if we cant do that, I'd rather take my chances on him turning it around and being good.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

+1

Idk why people are always so eager to get rid of offensive talent on the rare occasions we have it. There was a weird faction on here that always wanted to get rid of Decker too.

Kearse is the most proven commodity at receiver on the roster. The rationale behind wanting to trade or cut him is...?

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I saw Cimini and another article mention that 5th year options weren’t exercised on Shane Ray and Dante Fowler. I think Teddy and a later pick to the Jaguars for Dante Fowler would be a good trade for both sides, assuming Darnold and/or McCown looks good in camp. We need a pass rusher really badly and is not like it’s easy to acquire even a decent one.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Seems like you’re forgetting about Mauldin the beast ;)

themorey, All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We finally have two decent QB's on the roster and you want to trade away one of them?

joe, NCJetsfan, Walt White and 2 others like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jet fans : we suck at drafting
    Also jet fans: we should trade our good players for draft picks

Jets81, LF911SC, slimjasi and 9 others like this.