Forum Sourced 53 Cut Down Roster Prediction - QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Which WRs will make the Jets cut down 53 man roster (pick 5)?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2018.
  1. Robby "Miss Demeanor" Anderson

100.0%
  2. Quincy Enunwa

100.0%
  3. Terrelle "Walking Boot" Pryor

67.7%
  4. Jermaine Kearse

93.5%
  5. Chadwick "mmmBop" Hansen

83.9%
  6. Ardarius Stewart

45.2%
  7. Andre Roberts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Charles Johnson

3.2%
  9. Devin Smith

3.2%
  10. Charone Peake

3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm bored so I decided to post some position group polls to crowd source our cut down day 53 man roster prediction. Why cut down day prediction? Because history has shown us that one man's trash in another man's treasure. Just because a player makes it through cut down day to the initial 53 roster does not mean he will be there for the opening game as Macc in particular loves to play the Waiver Wire. Its too hard to predict the opening game roster but we can at least take a reasonable stab at the cut down roster.

There will also be opportunities to determine how many of each position group to keep. I suggest a separate poll at the end to rank players by ST ability to be the discriminator between position depth. For a starting point I believe there should be position minimums for each position as follows:

QB: 2
    RB: 4 (includes FB)
    WR: 5
    TE: 2
    OL: 8
    DL: 6
    ILB: 3
    OLB: 4
    CB: 5
    S: 4
    K: 1
    P: 1
    LS: 1
    PR/KR: 1

This is 47 spots with 6 more TBD (or 48 spots with 5 TBD if we agree to roster all 3 QBs).

I think WR core group is pretty straightforward out to position #6 but let's see what others think. There could also be a 7th WR added as KR/PR.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

MODs....I forgot to change the Title, can you please change the title from "QB" to "WR" if you please?

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think 7 WRs make the team, with Lucky Whitehead earning a spot for returns.

Peake, Smith, and Charles Johnson will be hard pressed to earn a spot.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There will be at least 6 WRs on the roster. With both Pryor and Kearse set to become UFAs after this season, both Hansen and Stewart will be looked to as the future. Plus Enunwa is coming off his injury and Pryor is dealing with another ankle issue.
    Cannon seems likely to be our kick returner , Roberts could make the roster as a punt returner unless Cannon , Stewart or McGuire prove capable. I'm sure the FO and Coaching staff are hoping for 1 player to prove capable of doing both.

almbleamal, Walt White and FJF like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There will be 6, I chose Stewart over Pryor since I was forced to take 5 but Pryor will be there too

KurtTheJetsFan and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That means four RB's, no? So 6 WR's looks likely. That's what I was thinking. But then what happens to FB?

Maybe a Peake goes to the PS. WR could be a strength of this team.

They're definitely deeper than they've been across the roster. Lot of competitions and decisions to be made. Should be a little better, at least.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. Theyll be some tough decisions all over the offensive skills.Under normal circumstances thered be alot of reason to be excited.Alot of young humgry,talented players w some cohesion just waiting for the alphas to rise up.Unfortunately young players never seen to step up for this team.Maybe the newfound QB situation could turn the tides?

I think Powell could be traded. Hes been a great jet & while hes done prety well during tgis transition to the ZBS hes a much better fit in a straight ahead man blocking scheme.Beyond that it’s a numbers game.If Mcguire has made as big of a jump as suggested,Crowell is as good as advertised,Rawles and/or Cannon step up it only makes sense to go w these young smooth backs better equipped fir the ZBS who have upside.

I really like trenton Cannon.Per Cimini he may not win PR job but think hes a shoe in for KR.Watched everything i could find on him in colllege..hes smooth,runs well laterally & has serious burst.He also can catch passes out of the backfiekd including deep.If he adjusts to speed of defenses early & shows any ability to pass block,look out. In that Neon Leon/Bruce Harper/Chad Morton mold

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think we will keep 4 and possibly still keep a FB.
    I agree with Kurt that Powell could be traded.
    I don't think Peake is practice squad eligible and he will have to impress this off season.
    There is alot of depth, young players for a change. Preseason should actually be enjoyable.
    I like the direction the team is headed.
    Year 2 of the rebuild, lots of young talent with over $100 mill to spend in Free Agency next off season.
    I don't expect much in the W-L Dept this year but I'd Darnold develops, and the current players continue to improve, I can see 2019 being the first of hopefully many good years. Lots of back end and rotational players and some very good building blocks all ready on the roster, add next year's FA class and the team should be very solid.
    I hope......

KurtTheJetsFan and Walt White like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sharon Peake? Devon Smith? I am not even sure if Mac drafted them ..I think they are history

FTRMR not sure if it even worth the tooling to pick numbers at each position since this HC and his staff hardly inspire logic or confidence..the best I can do is say that ALL the Vets are staying including Powell...the young guys/rookies are at a disadvantage

Personally, the aforementioned recommendations eg at RB , WR are all good since most people on TGG know more than Bowles..ugh

Sorry Tony..not sure what direction Jets are headed since management suxs if you've noticed

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

who is going to return kicks? one of them is going to take a spot as well. I like the nicknames though

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Charone Peake or Sharon Lee? Maybe My Sharona by The Knack. I'm lost here.

FJF likes this.