2018 World Cup (Russia)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Like National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets?

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Argentina sucks. Germany sucks. Weird. Even Mr Tomassi could do a better job than these coaches.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I watch a little bit more than you. I watched the Euro Cup and the Americas Cup, or what ever you call them two years ago, and like the big tournaments like that too.
    I focus on the flopping also and it took away from my enjoyment initially years ago. I think the flopping has gotten better, but I might be wrong.

Also, the game is much more physical than I think some people may get, but I'm pretty sure you know that. But the way they fly around there's always the potential for severe injuries and I think that may be part of it: that their initial reaction is out of fear...sometimes. But there's definitely a lot of flopping.
    I played the game in intramurals in Jr. High and a lot in grade school and remember it to bequite a lot of fun to play. So that contributes to my enjoyment of it. But I'm far from understanding all the nuances of the game. But the way things suddenly develop and take shape is quite interesting to me, and I enjoy watching much more than I used to.

JohnnyP123456 and JetBlue like this.
  4. Brook!

Kroos scored an incredible goal. Germany won 2-1

5. Walt White

Wow. Dramatic match.

6. Brook!

Second best game after Protugal-Spain. Glad I was able to watch both games. Tomorrow’s games are duds except the England game that starts at 7:00. Sucks.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Great kick for Germany; absolutely pathetic play by Sweden with the man advantage. But you can’t overlook the horribly missed calls in Germany’s favor in the first half that cost Sweden opportunities.

sozopol likes this.
  8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I honestly think one of the things that goes pretty much unnoticed is that soccer is one of (if not the only) sport where you will continuously play without getting subbed on/off the field. I think that is one of the main reasons that a lot of soccer players dive/exaggerate injuries. I still absolutely hate the idea of it though.

Walt White likes this.
  9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Every time a major tournament comes around, I always can see players/coaches from smaller countries that often are much better than the overhyped/overpaid bigger name players and coaches. It gets ridiculous to see some of the coaches going from job to job continuing to fail.

Brook! likes this.
  10. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Sweden deserved to lose. That was the most cowardly performance I have ever seen. A man up, and you turtle up in your penalty box and hand them chance after chance. Vikings my ass!

Brook! and JetBlue like this.
  11. Walt White

Yeah, I watched Portugal-Spain too. Ronaldo is a true beast athlete. He finds a way, which is part of him being great.

I watch the highlight show at night for the games I don't watch or miss. Or I watch the replays later.

Brook! likes this.
  12. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

A 6-1 win for England. Following England really isn't supposed to be like this. Of course, well lose to Belgium. Same old England. ;-)

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just a question, but did Russia magically build these Stadiums while Sochi rots? They could house homeless there and set an example. Just sayin'. People squat in Turin and it's fallen into shit.

OK, World Cup. If the U.S. isn't in it or it out, next up, Italy. If Italy isn't in it or out, next up, Argentina (because my Daddy was born in Buenos Aires). I can't believe how much these guys fake injuries. It's hilarious. So, yeah, just pretty much tuning in for the Nora Desmond factor. I read about who won three months later. This game is worse than badminton.

14. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Klecko's boys are really struggling

15. Walt White

For this American observer John Strong and Stu Holden are the best announcing team, and one of the better ones anywhere. Strong calls a great game and Holden gives insight that is succinct to the action and also lends to a better understanding of the game. Works just like it does for our games. I tend not to follow as well the other international announcers.

16. Walt White

Colombia highly motivated...The Cartel has money on this one.

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

They hired a bunch of labor on the cheap from former Soviet Republics. Gave them lousy contracts and terrible working conditions and threatened to not pay them at all if they complained. Imagine working at 35 degrees below zero without any safety equipment? That's why at least 20 workers have died building the Russian stadiums.

That's still not as bad as the work conditions of the people building the stadiums in Qatar, where many more people have died. Qatar is about the size of Connecticut and will have nothing to do with their stadiums after the tournament is over. Of course they will cash in though.

FIFA has blood on their hands for taking bribes and allowing unsafe work conditions.

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

They really are bollocksing up VAR. It's not hard, it's on the bloody TV. Useless.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Shit isn't it? I wondered how long it would take before players were diving in the penalty area and then making the "TV" hand gesture to the ref.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member