I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Teddy’s elbow is spending a lot of time around
    At least he is consistent with his posts

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Amazing how some people can't put two and two together.

1st Rollo was just pointing out how there was already a very large thread discussing Bridgewater, starting a new thread on Bridgewater when all things Bridgewater were already been discussed in another thread is just a classic case of attention whoring.

Which brings us to your post. You started a thread on Brdigewater with an almost identical thought to a thread started 11 hours before yours. Why you thought your post was so unique to deserve it's own thread is only known to you. It had nothing to do with anyone "post Naziing" your thread, it had to do with something that has been done here for years before you even started posting here. Duplicate threads are combined. It makes for a much cleaner front page and makes the site easier to navigate.

It should have been quite clear that there was a similar thread since it was right at the top of the page when you started yours. Anyone reading the thread after they were combined would not even have had a clue there were different threads involved, that is how similar they were.

It's whiny ass posts like yours that makes this site so unreadable at times. I can't imagine if some of you people faced some real hardship in life how you would handle it.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

American attorney and author Mike Godwin coined his eponymous law on Usenet in 1990
    Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies)[1][2] is an internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1";[2][3] that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds. Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.​

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

.... and there it is, the dumbest fucking thing I’ll read this weekend, thanks for getting that out of the way for me

Sam Hammer, NYJetsO12, joe and 3 others like this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know if you know who I am but

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I sped read through that and all I came up with was some unwashed slob from Occupy who pitched a tent and stunk up Zuccotti Park.

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Or Mayfields bowl win, I mean loss?

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Why hasn't anybody thought of this yet? Incredibly original and unique perspective! I thought it was a given that Teddy was #3.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Hitler’s dog was named Teddy.

Coincidence?

I think not.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

will there be a Qb controversy in '19, I say no chance for qb controversy in '19. If teddy plays well a team in need will throw big bucks at him next year. The jets will not pay to resign teddy. Remember he is only signed for '18. Best case scenario teddy plays well enough in pre season to make a needy team trade for him. Much like what vikings did when teddy went down. I would love a #2 pick or dare I say #1 pick for teddy. Remember he is a proven starter at the age of 26 and would only cost a team .5 mil to 5 mil depending on playing time & he will be on a cheap 1 year tryout to test his knee ...thats a lot to like for a team that either doesn't have a good starter or a team that qb went down with an injury. Sam is the future for the jets. Can't get hung up on what if we trade teddy & he plays real well. Remember Sam is 21 & teddy is 26. I will bet on Sam is at least as good if not better than teddy in 2 years. In 5 years Sam will be 26 & playing on his rookie contract......teddy will be 31 and probably will have been playing on a big contract for past 5 years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Interesting. Yet that thread combining was more of a Bolshevik maneuver. Go figure.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

This is a horseshit post on quite a few levels, nice job. First off, the Jets invested a lot of draft capital to put themselves in the position to draft the QB that they (and most QB evaluators INCLUDING MYSELF <--- BTW, THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER...ah-hem) wanted: Sam Darnold, so it stands to reason that people here would focus on the "corporate plan."

You on the other hand came here but a month before the draft and unaware of the fact that in the entire year leading up to the draft the MAJORITY of this board DID NOT want Darnold to be the QB chosen so your "everyone" indictment fails flat on its face right out of the box and from there it only goes downhill...

Should Darnold not pan out rest assure the many "Rosen/Mahomes fanboy" detractors here (who are buttoning their lips for now) will come out of the woodwork. Go look at the thread titles posted just before and during the April 26 NFL date in the "Draft" Section and you'll see every cockamamie scenario represented including this brainless gem:

I like Teddy, always did esp. when he stood up to a cheap-shotting Florida Gator team in the 2013 Sugar Bowl (do you recall the shot to the head he took early in the game yet completed the pass??....I'm sure you do);)

Now, take a look at the schools on Louisville's schedule vs. USC's during Bridegwater and Darnold's respective tenures. Night and day.

#392 joe, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

One of the cheapest shots I’be ever seen and folks questioning Teddy’s toughness lost any credibility after that BS hit.

Love Teddy.

If not for Darnold I’d be rooting for Teddy to be our FQB for a decade.

Darnold is a better QB.

He’s our guy.

I hope Teddy goes to a non-division rival that I can root for him to do well. Maybe meet Sam in a SB.

joe and Brook! like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade him at this point, and I hope that Mac won't even consider it. Even if we got a 2nd now, it would look really stupid if McCown goes down in TC with a season-ending injury and we're left with one QB.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're basing it on, but that would be nice indeed.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Darnold BETTER give Teddy a run (excuse the pun ) for his $ or he is wasted pick

Apparently you think the world of Bridgewater.and Sam is an afterthought ..that's OK ..(lol) I like Teddy a lot but he has got to show us something in gametime action ...right now no one knows for sure , yourself included

And playing in a Pro Style system and past NFL success means nothing if you get injured after the first couple of games

Sam is young and a First Rounder...kid is capable of playing sooner than later imo

Let me ask you this...who is more durable ??? Ted or Sam?

17. Rollo Tomassi

I followed both Teddy and Sam all through college and Teddy his first 2 years at Minny.

Personal opinion from watching both a lot.

Teddy is so good with his pre and post snap reads and is very accurate but doesn’t have big arm. Very athletic and super tough but his body might not hold up.

Darnold has a better arm, better anticipation which affords him the ability to throw passes into tighter windows and while not as gifted a runner is actually a better runner because of his ability to move around in the pocket and avoid the rush. Better deep ball and better throwing on the run. Bigger body that will better withstand the punishment.

Again personal opinion but I think Darnold is just a better QB.

LF911SC and Brook! like this.
  18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I feel like you're wanting me to rise to the bait, but you're making an incorrect assumption based on a false stance you perceive I have of Darnold. I am only playing Devils advocate here because so many people are disregarding the very notion of Teddy being more than a place holder or at best a 3rd round pick trade bait for a QB hungry team.

To me I find this line of thought highly disturbing when you look at the drastic measures teams take to acquire a quality QB, with the Jets being no exception. We as Jets fans are among only a handful of teams to have suffered through such an extensive QB drought. So my frustration comes from when these "fans" vehemently protest the notion of Teddy being anything more than short term leverage that's turned into a trade. But why? Why would one limit themselves into this line of thought? To dismiss the notion that Teddy could be our immediate and possibly even long term solution at QB is willful ignorance.

If we could gaze into the future and know the starting QB for the Jets was one of the best at this position, a game winner, that elevated this team to new heights, NO ONE would care how they came about on this roster... no one.

(More bait)
    Ok, I'll bite. The obvious answer isn't so obvious. I don't define one freak injury as classification of being injury prone. If you're asking moving forward who is more durable, I am not an arthroscopic surgeon so I have no opinion since I have no knowledge to base one on. I don't know if the surgery strengthened Teddy's leg to be stronger than it was before, or if it's held together with hopes and fairy dust.

Teddy's Elbow, Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

FWIW Bridgewater's NFL.com draft profile said, "Has a very lean, narrow frame with limited bulk...Long-term durability could become a concern without continued strength and weight gains." http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/teddy-bridgewater?id=2543465

LF911SC and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good going.

Now I want them both here.