Todd Bowles Comments About His Coaching

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jun 18, 2018.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wrong what I am saying is Belly FB mental ability is a 10 while Bowles IMHO is a 2 since we are in the same division as Belly explain to me how Bowles is going to catch up to belly or Mcvay or Pedersen? :mad:

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Getting a QB sure does help. McVay and Pedersen have one. Jets hopefully have one now.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re the one saying you know for a fact we can’t win with Bowles and he shouldn’t have been hired, what was your alternative? Let’s hear your plan. I never see you offer anything but bitching so please share what should have been done.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

If Darnold is the real deal? Bowles will allow his coaching staff to let Darnold throw the football to all of these talented WR's within our roster.

Fitz had many arm limitations but with Marshall and Decker both balling out of the control; our coaching staff allowed Fitzpatrick to air it out a good 30-35-40+ times.

Darnold has the arm talent. He has the brains and smarts for his position too. If he's able to prove his worth in not only OTA's and Mini Camp but also throughout training camp and preseason he'll have a chance to be named opening day starter. Which will re-energize this fan base and hopefully this football team and franchise.

He'll make mistakes. But he'll be given opportunity to throw the ball and hopefully he's not treated like Sanchez and HIDDEN behind a run game and o-line and defense. Sanchez was hidden. He wasn't good. If Darnold is good we won't lead the league in rushing attempts and fewest in passing attempts ala Sanchez. Bowles will want him to light it up, as we all do.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair sanchez had a ton of arm talent. he just didn't' have the brains and awereness to make good decisions with the football and take advantage of opportunities. when the brain was shut off and he just had to make great throws he did that

starts at 2:30 those last 2 throws he made couldn't have been better but both were pre-determined before the snap

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Had Sanchez stayed in college, perhaps he would have had time to develop good decision making. Carroll was right, Sanchez came out waaay too soon.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have been a critic of Bowles and I admit that. I have also applauded BB's acumen. But let's not go totally over the deep end. BB and his rating of ten didn't do much for him in Cleveland, coincidentally at about the same point of his career as TB now. Give TB a superior QB, a solid OL and some weapons at WR and let's see. At least he could give BB something to worry about. That has not been the case so far.

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I accidentally stepped on this guy while walking my dog today......

Aka- he is dog poop

But wait.......he had the players “ready” (to lose) last year!!!! In year 3!!!!!

Only took Bubba Gump 3 years to get his team to try hard!!!! Wow!!! HOF!!!!!!!!!

Pathetic millennials

FML

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

They should have hired Peterson or Mcveigh

10. championjets69

That is MHO so if U have a different HO say so. I have already saved this link to come back in Jan 2019:mad:

11. FJF

Ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. FJF

So you have no real answer just want to bitch. Ok done with this conversation then

13. 101GangGreen101

Mcveigh is a great coach

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Anger makes you fuck up the quote button :mad::mad::mad:

FJF likes this.
  15. championjets69

Ha U just do not understand my reply which is if U own the team U as the owner should want the absolute best & unless you believe that Bowles is the absolute best when Mcvay & pedersen were out there then I am sorry to say U never see a SB win in your time on earth just like my son now in the 40s has suffered thru 30 years of non winning FB. JMHO :mad:

16. BB is totally his own animal & frankly he doesnt work in all situations.He fell into the perfect setting for him to have success starting w an owner willing to let him rule from his ivory tower,an all time great QB & a fortunate loophole in the tuck rule which gave his whole program credibility & a platform.

Hes abrasive,aloof,arrogant & underhanded.That doesnt work everywhere.And i think theres a good reason he hates the Jets & didnt want the job.His crap would simply not be tolerated in this market. The lack of people skills,the cheating,the quirky drafts & trades..winning doesnt trump all in NY like it does in Mass..49 years & counting or not..

Beyond that..can we stop wanting the jets to be something their not?Bellicheat represents everything a jets fan should despise.Jets need their own identity w their own coach’s blueprint. Coach doesnt need to be the smartest guy the room..he just needs to have a strong plan,quality assistants underneath him & know how to win games on a year to year basis.jets have tried the “smartest guy in the room” crap over & over again..all they do is outsmart themselves.

No reason to be envious of Bellicheat when hes so ethically inept,despisess the team we root for & whose legacy couldnt be more universally tarnished.If after 15 years of this crap a jets fan still wants BB they should just go become a patriots fan or just find another team..it’s just a fundamental disproportion.

We shoukd want the anti-bellicheat not named Rex who can actually coach offense!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

You guys asking for Pedersen or McVay now when you guys probably would've hired Gruden

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No disagreement from me Kurt. The underhanded approach you mentioned IMO is condoned and actually spearheaded by Kraft who pulls all the strings from the commissioner on down.
    My post is actually supporting Bowles, not BB. I don't envy nor want him at all, but I do respect his command of the X and Os. Your last paragraph says it all. The question remains. Is Bowles that guy?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.

19. Right on man. We’re in complete agreement.

As for Bowles..i actually think he has alot of things going for him.Hes part of a regime that finally has sold this ownership on a long term approach.Additionally i think hes nailed the culture make over without un natural overstep;Players are leading this thing & thats the way it should be. This group of players fits a prototype & has some cohesion,they all have a very similar infectious energy..Bowles deserves credit for this along w Mac & it should not be understated.

Think it comes downto whether hes a winner or not.Leading a turnaround is one thing..building a perrenial winner is another.The in game management & conservative tactics that leave a sour taste in people ‘s mouth should not be dismissed. These are items that need cleaning up & for the result to be more wins.

ColoradoContrails, K'OB and LAJet like this.
  20. FJF

Non answer after non answer.