Jurrasic Park..!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Cman68, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just got my tickets for Sunday matinee. Can't Wait! This one looks really scary too. BTW, any of you guys wanna take the kids to a movie, Incredibles 2 was pretty good. Much better than the first one.

The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Incredibles 2 is done deal. Jurassic Park next weekend. Thanks Grandpa :)

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You’re out if your mind. Took the kids to Incredibles 2; it was very good but not even close to the first.

My boy has been begging to see Jurassic World; I didn’t like the first but this one looks okay so I’ll probably take him this weekend.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Fallen Kingdom trailers have looked iffy to me, but I am sure we will all see it. It's Jurassic World. There are dinosaurs. Sold! :)

Cman68 likes this.
  5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I didn't see the need to see Jurassic World and I won't go see Fallen Kingdom. Will likely see Incredibles 2 this weekend. Would have gone last weekend, but tickets were mostly sold out and I didn't buy ahead.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I thought 'Jurassic Park' was eh, just OK. I tend to hate movies with children in them especially if it's sappy, and nobody does sappy like Spielberg. The second one I despised because I couldn't stand Tia Leoni in it, probably one of the most annoying performances ever. The third one I only caught bits and pieces on TV. Might check this one out if the buzz is any good.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Cman68

I disagree JB. The characters and story line were far more developed in this movie. It is still primarily a children's movie but the sequel is a lot easier for adults to sit thru and not be bored to death. Wifey and I both enjoyed it.

We liked Hotel Artemis and Tag too. Nothing like a summer matinee to bring us to a nice air conditioned movie theatre. As long as it doesn't interfere with fishing of course!

Brook! likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Incredibles 2 is very good and a worthy follow up. it’s central themes are certainly targeting adults viewers but I’ve always thought the original was made with adults and kids in mind as well which is why it’s been so beloved; my wife and I saw it in theatres before we had kids.

How’s Tag?

Brook! likes this.
  9. Cman68

You'll like it. Takes the old kid's game to an entirely different level. Don't take the movie too seriously as it is a comedy after all. Good matinee material for a hot weekend afternoon and a fantastic alternative to hunny do's.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

@Cman60 I'm actually really behind on movies since I have been focused on hockey in my spare time lately. I need to see Solo, Ocean's 8, Tag, and Incredibles 2, then Jurassic World is coming out tomorrow, plus a couple weeks away from Ant Man and the Wasp. Maybe I need to do some double features! :D Any particular order I should see them in or any I should avoid til bluray?

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The next movie I will see in theatres is Sicario 2.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. jetophile

Well, it turns out the buzz is pretty bad, but rottentomatoes can also be skewed sometimes. Martin Scorcese complains about rottentomatoes all the time, that they wind up unfairly torpedoing movies that really don't deserve to be torpedoed based on their rating system. If you're just going for escapism and just want to put your arm around your honey and eat some popcorn, there ya go. I mean, you kind of know what you're getting, am I right? I'll probably just pirate it, lol.

13. jetophile

You didn't see the need, don't ask me why I found that funny, but I did. So 'Jurassic World' was the third one and this one is 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom'? Will definitely pirate. Thanks.

14. Cman68

I already have it but would prefer to see it on the big screen anyway..

15. Cman68

Well lets see... My order would be as of now:
    • Incredibles 2
    • Tag
    • Jurassic World *
    • Solo *
    • Hotel Artemis *
    • Ocean's 8 *
    • Sicario 2
    • Ant-Man
    * - BR/DL (available online for d/l)

I am by no means advocating pirating movies as that would be illegal. :)

#15 Cman68, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

All I remember is that the previews for Jurassic World looked like a complete remake of Jurassic Park, which was a good movie in its own time, and an even better book. There was no new story to tell. Nothing different that they could do other than give Star Lord a pet dino. It just didn't interest me at all. This one looks even worse. I'd rather see Infinity War for a fourth time.

17. Cman68

This one reminds me of JP 2 when the TRex got loose in LA.

#17 Cman68, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Just got back from seeing it, this movie is pretty good, it exceeded my expectations.

The movie takes risks, and the risks they took paid off in my opininion. Some may view some things as dumb, etc, just dont take the movie that seriously and you will enjoy it.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Enjoyed the movie! It had very few slow parts and the dinos were their usual people chomping selves. Its Jurassic Park 5 and if you don't look for academy award performances (except for "Blue" of course), you'll have fun.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Just went and saw it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely a lot darker themed but I loved it.