I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Rams did not know how to work with a rookie QB with Jeff Fischer as head coach. It was Sean Mcvay that figured it out. Bowles is our Fischer, Bates hopefully is our Mcvay

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Bowles has given playing time to rookies every year. If they can play, if they're the best alternative or close to it they play. Every time. Doesn't mean a HC puts a Hack in just because he's on the roster when McCown is the better player, by a wide margin. We don't see what a player is doing in practice, how can fans make the determination that a kid should play over a vet with any certainty?

A HC has to placate a room of players. Who to a man want to win. You're not fooling this group. Put a player in who doesn't deserve playing time or to start of a more deserving player, decreasing the chance of winning and you'll love that locker room soon enough. It's why any and all HCs will play the players who deserve to play over who the fans are curious to see on the field

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree completely. Fans seems to think that we can just throw in rookies or young projects and "you never know," but the coaches know far beyond what we do and if they aren't playing there is a good reason for that.

You aren't going to throw a guy in there that can't even be accurate or even serviceable in practice and expect him to turn into Tom Brady as soon as he gets his chance in a live game. It doesn't work that way.

FJF likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes and no..yes Bates may be a good OC but he ISNT replacing Toilet Bowles like McVay did Fisher

The power and control still resides with shoddy Toddy and he doesn't get along with his past OCs

5. LF911SC

Exactly, wish i had a dollar for every fan who said "why didnt the moron play Hack so we (fans) can see what we have"? Someone with a ton of posts said that to me here when Hack was traded. As if the coaching staff didnt know what they had. Like you said, as if all those lousy practice sessions, camps, preseason games all would have magically gone away if Bowles started him.

TonyFtLaud, Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

True, but I think he finally got it right. You here other NFL types talk well about Bates, never heard that about other OC. And Bowles, who I am not a fan of, is still hands off on the Offense, I don't care what he says that he's more involved. I just want Bowles to be aggressive and learn to manage the damm clock. Not hopeful on either.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This makes no sense, considering Bowles got 2 career years out of 2 journeyman QBs. Bowles is not Fisher.

To be more aggressive, you need the personnel. Do you want to be aggressive with McCown after what you saw in the Jags game, where he almost lost the game by himself?

I don't get the people that say Bowles needs to be more aggressive with shit personnel. if Darnold looks good, I can see Bowles becoming more aggressive (like with Fitz his first year), Bowles let the coordinator throw the ball all damn day), but the personnel needs to be there in order to do these things. Bowles major issue is not generating a pass-rush.

PJ4Ever, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I want Bowles to go for it on fourth and short at the 50 yard line down 2 scores with 7 min left if your the qb. He coaches scared and stupid and we did have the horses last year. Robbie lead the nfl in passes over 50 yards. 2 years ago I’ll give u but last year no and he coached the same way. He’s a defensive guy and coaches like one

9. LF911SC

Why wouldnt he? Its the obvious play.

If anything the complaint about the offense was it was too aggressive at times. All those passes on 1st and goal inside the 5. Passing at midfield with the clock winding down against the Pats that led to a INT. The pass with almost no time in the Fin game in Miami on their side of the field.

He does not coach like a defensive guy, he coaches like a guy who doesnt have a lot of horses on offense

TonyFtLaud, FJF and Sam Hammer like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

I don't agree with the way you are looking at this, your view IMO does not represent the season last year. It was missed opportunities by players not executing, the Jets blew a lot of leads due to inexperience. Bowles does play conservative at times (likely due to crappy personnel, and not fully trusting it). I didn't always agree with what he was doing, but I think the Bowles haters here (roughly 90% of the fanbase) look to find the wrong excuses for hating on Bowles.

What games are you exactly referring to? Let's look at the blown leads.

Falcons: 20-25 L

Dolphins 28-31 L

That's just 2 games. How about the Patriots game where we lost 24-17 and the Jets threw an interception and fumbled the ball on 2 of the last 4 drives? The last drive they went for it on 4th down.

Situation football requires punting the football. But when the game is at stake, I think Bowles does whats right.

Bash Bowles for not sitting Fitz after the Chiefs game, or not generating a pass-rush, plays a little too conservative but this team needs more talent.

I don't think Bowles does anything great in terms of development, I do think he's a great leader among men and he gets his team ready to play on Sundays.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

12. 101GangGreen101

Both articles aren't from last season, so you don't have 1 example to work off this past season? Sounds like improvement? You are reaching at best just like the 90% I referred to. Most coaches have issues with game management. Andy Reid, I am sure people would love to slob on his knob but he's been awful at times. Mike McCarthy is another guy who gets extremely conservative with Aaron freaking Rodgers.

BTW, I don't care about changing ones mind.

FJF likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Decisions are made in the context of what is available on your roster. That some kid blogs Bowles made the wrong decision as f he had the Pats roster doesnt make for a pattern or define a philosophy. You want to ignore two + seasons for two examples. You ignore going for it at the half vs the Pats, 4 pass attempts at a TD from inside the 5, the attack vs the Fins in Miami over these two examples. All far different when he had a QB playing well and a little more talent on the roster. OK.

Walt White, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You guys are referring to play calling, that's a whole another story. Especially about he does on defense. He coaches a game worse then Herm Edwards. I have seen zero improvement.I want to to be wrong because the players last year especially, played hard and were prepared almost ever game. But until he coaches to win, he's just another lousy Jet coach in a long list of guys that can't coach a game.

15. LF911SC

So you give no credit to the fact that last year the team was called one of the worst rosters in NFL history and was picked to win a game or two but won 5 games, lost 8 by 6 pts or less, were well prepared and played hard all year add up to someone who cant coach?

I'll say it again, every HC this team has ever employed has been rated as shit by this fanbase. Included in that list is Weeb and Parcells. The same fans who drool over Belichich used to call into WFAN all night complaining that we were screwed when BifBill would retire and stick us with Belichick.

K'OB and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Having listened to WFAN since 2000, I can honestly say that a good number of callers aren't the brightest when it comes to the topic they want to discuss.

18. LF911SC

It wasn't just WFAN callers. It was pretty much all and every Jets fan

19. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Bumping this up. Winston has a 3 game suspension to start the season..... Do we see a trade here, or are they comfortable with Fitzy starting?

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Bucs first three games:

Week 1 - @ Saints
    Week 2 - Eagles
    Week 3 - Steelers

They have some serious problems. Mac better be fielding some phone calls. Nothing less than a second for Teddy.