2017-2018 NBA discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Very odd. If I’m the Knicks, though, I offer everything but Porzingis to get him. If Kyrie is as serious about coming to the Knicks as reported, a trio of Leonard, Kyrie and Porzingis should be enough to get Leonard to resign.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree. I think most would agree with you overall, but when discussing players and who is the best, etc stuff like that factors in. Obviously everyone knows Lebron's overall game is great. Being clutch is important to me, it separates the best of the best, but game-winning shots are different. I don't know the stats on that even. I was just saying I prefer the guy who wants to take that shot. You have to be smart though, if you are doubled or tripled, you clearly should pass it to the open man and not force up a shot. So it definitely is more complicated than just wanting to shoot or taking the shot, or passing up a shot.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I would personally love it if that happened, but they would likely need to trade a bunch of future picks, and getting all 3 under the salary cap would be very difficult. They'd pretty much have to hope that Kanter and O'quinn opt out and then they'd have to dump Noah's salary somehow.

If they could somehow have Porzingis, Leonard, Kyrie and Hardaway, that team is instantly competitive if they can all stay healthy (big IF of course). I just don't want to see another Carmelo type situation where they could wait until the off season and sign one of them without giving up the farm, but I'd understand it if they went for it.

I think Leonard was upset how the Spurs handled his injury and as a result never got back to 100% this year, if I'm not mistaken. I think they might have cleared him prematurely, but I'm not super familiar with the situation.

#464 Sam Hammer, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope the Lakers land LeBron and trade Lonzo Ball to Cleveland. The look on Lavar's face would be priceless.

Burnz, Antoni, Sam Hammer and 2 others like this.
  6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Sign me up for that. Lonzo Ball fucking sucks dude. He can't shoot! He can't shoot jumpers and he can't make free throws. He's like 35% from the field and 40% from the line or something atrocious. I don't want to hear a damn thing from his dumbass "I could've beat Jordan" Dad until Lonzo learns how to fucking shoot. He is the worst damn shooter in the league. A bigger liability than Shaq at the end of games but at least Shaq got you like 30 points and 20 rebounds before then.

His other son got caught stealing in China and got banned from UCLA, so Lavar took them out of UCLA and moved them to East Bumfuck Europe. Now Lavar is trying to hold the Lakers hostage by trying to get them to sign this clown LiAngelo. What a joke man.

Should have drafted Tatum. Kept saying it before the draft and it looks to be more true now. Tatum will be the best player from that draft.

#466 Antoni, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't like the Ball kid off the court or his dipstick father either but the fact that he can't even shoot is encouraging. He was a 19 year old rookie and he's out there making plays and doling out assists at a high level on a scrub ass team.

Just imagine his game once he learns to shoot. Shooting is the easiest thing to learn once you enter the league. GMs look for young players that have the total package and can't shoot. That's like an unfinished work of art for them

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Here are the latest odds for The Decision III

• Los Angeles Lakers -150
    • Philadelphia 76ers +450
    • Cleveland Cavaliers +500
    • Boston Celtics +700
    • Houston Rockets +800
    • San Antonio Spurs +1600
    • Los Angeles Clippers +2500
    • Miami Heat +3300
    • Golden State Warriors +5000

For some reason the Lakers are now favorites. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I still don't see why he wants to join the Lakers lol.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

If LeBron is serious about joining the Lakers he will need to sign with them directly, rather than trying to get the most money out of a sign and trade. The Lakers need to keep as many assets as possible because Leonard is under contract and will cost you some of them.

The Lakers with LeBron, Leonard, and George would be even-money or maybe even the favorites vs the Warriors. That would set up some nice Finals with Boston for sure. Can never have enough Lakers Celtics Finals.

Red Menace and NYJalltheway like this.
  10. Sam Hammer

I like those Rockets odds!

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Knicks better get Mo Bamba tonight!

FJF likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Last draft where the Nets don't have their own first round pick. Of course, next year's draft is supposed to be weak. :(

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Michael porter jr should be the pick

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Weird trade. Euros have been more miss than hit I think. The last one Dragan Bender is a total turd. I guess we'll see how this plays out for the Mavs.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

he'll be a decent player in this league (Knox), dont see star tho

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Should have been but Knox was hot on all the last minute mocks. Him and Grayson Allen. Something is wrong with Porter Jr. He was like 5-6 now he has fallen.

FJF likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Knox is a good pick; I think the Knicks may have gotten it right for once

19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Most heartwarming story of last night was the drafting of LiAngelo Ball.

I love when the NBA takes care of its old time legatee families.

Totally deserving, well done young man and props to your Dad for making it happen.

20. Sam Hammer

I'm glad they didn't get Porter. Based on injury reports, he could miss this entire season and who knows if he'll ever get back to where his was. Gambles on injury prone guys should be a thing of the past. Knox was solid, I liked the center in round 2 as well. Both very young players.