I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Coach Beyonce “Toilet” Bowles will not play Terry because he only plays vets :mad:

FJF likes this.
  2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I think as long as Terry has Jerry Kearse and Leeroy Anderson to throw to we should be good, that doesn't even include the addition of Isaiah Noelle!

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

When the Jets trade Terry for a 2nd rounder in 2019 and the Jets use this as ammo for a pass rusher — Mac playing chess, league playing checkers.

Peebag likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is today opposite day?

stinkyB, FJF and MoWilkBeast like this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Champ's had a couple of positive posts in the past few days. I think it's a very welcome development.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  6. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I think that maybe someone hacked his account. . Is there any way to check on that?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I guess this is one way to get around the mods’ request to put all “Teddy” related comments in one....what would you call it....a MegaThread?

8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No this is much different than other threads making determinations about a rehabbing QB who had yet to throw a pass with pads on against other teams.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Does this mean we now have a Terry Bridgewater mega thread?

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mayfield might do just that..

Most commentators on NFL radio (I listen all week ) say that the Browns can give everybody a problem this Season. Similiar to the Jets (Bridgewater, Sam D) with Taylor and Baker as QBs active

Other reasons: Great draft: Nick Chubb RB Callaway (best receiver in draft by McShay) A Corbett OL

Notable FAs: Taylor QB Jarvis Landry WR DB damarious Randall RB Carlos Hyde two good OLs Hubbard Stephenson

This will not be an easy game

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

All bar the team manager who said Mayfield is the third string, so he not only has to displace Taylor but whoever it is at number 2 also and all by week 3, Darnald will be also very unlikely to be figuring at all next season if Teddy is lighting it up, even if his knee explodes after 10 games we all know it will be welcome back to number the 1 position JC.

Also btw I never said anything about the Browns strength or the result of our game, just the fact you apportioned the result to Mayfield playing well.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Brooks on nfl.com fwiw: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...esnt-need-a-wr1-bill-belichick-losing-players

McCown had a good year and is a top notch dude, but seemed to make mistakes at critical times, like he was forcing it, and it killed them a couple of times. Not sure I'm with the trade Teddy talk as a soon as he proves he's healthy...if he does. Unless somebody makes an offer they can't refuse, it would take Teddy proving himself in games for that.

THREE AND OUT: Quick takes on big developments across the league

1) Impressive start for Teddy Bridgewater with Jets. I can't say that I'm surprised the Jets are buzzing about Bridgewater after the fifth-year pro dazzled during the first week of OTAs. Despite being signed to a one-year deal with only $500,000 in guarantees, Bridgewater gives the Jets a young, quality starter with plenty of experience (28 career starts), a winning resume (17-11 career record) and a solid set of tools as a QB1.

Now, I'll admit my affinity for Bridgewater dates back to the 2013 Sugar Bowl when I watched him carve up a loaded Florida defense on the way to earning Most Valuable Player honors. On that night in the Superdome, the efficient playmaker displayed outstanding confidence, poise, and arm talent, sprinkling the ball around the yard to a cast of unheralded pass catchers. He continued to show NFL QB1 potential the following season on the way to becoming the 32nd pick of the 2014 draft.

With the Minnesota Vikings, Bridgewater showed glimpses of high-end starter talent as he guided the team on a playoff run during his second season. Although he played as a game manager on a team that was driven by its running game and defense, Bridgewater showed steady improvement as a passer and decision maker from his first to second season. In fact, he was expected to break out in Year 3 before a gruesome knee injury in the preseason sidelined him for the entire 2016 campaign and kept him on the bench for most of 2017.

Although the injury ultimately cost Bridgewater his job as the Vikings' franchise quarterback, it's important to note that he was once the team's starter and head coach Mike Zimmer believed in his ability to lead the team to wins.

"The thing about Teddy, and everybody talks about this and talks about that -- he knows how to win, and what else is there with the quarterback?" Zimmer said back in 2016, via USA Today. "I'm not going to mention names, but there's a bunch of quarterbacks throwing for 300 yards and their team doesn't win. They make mistakes. They don't play right in the critical situations of the game. And [people] say, 'Oh, his arm strength.' His arm strength is fine. He's been throwing the ball 55 yards down in practice all the time.

"Ask what kind of arm Joe Montana had or any of these other guys. It's just so fantasy football now. Our team is built a certain way, and that's how we're going to play. That's just how we are and who we're going to be, and I'm not going to apologize for it."

Fast-forward to 2018 -- Bridgewater is in a similar spot with a team that will be governed by its defense and running game. If he steps onto the field as the QB1, he will be asked to take care of the ball and distribute it to the Jets' playmakers on the perimeter. With Bridgewater spinning it well in OTAs, you can already envision the Jets starting Bridgewater as the "bridge" quarterback until No. 3 overall pick Sam Darnold is ready to take over as the starter in 2018 or 2019.

Remember, Darnold is only 20 years old and he's entering the league with about five years of experience at quarterback at the high school and collegiate level. Thus, he could use a redshirt season or two to get acclimated to the league and the offense. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Bridgewater winning the job over veteran Josh McCown and Darnold at the end of training camp.

When I bumped into Bridgewater at a Nike "The Opening Regionals" camp in Miami earlier this offseason, he talked about regaining his rhythm as a passer and working his way back to the top of a depth chart. Although our meeting was prior to his signing with the New York Jets, he was excited about the opportunity to play for an offensive coordinator who would "unleash" him and build a scheme around his talents. Granted, he isn't exactly in a situation where he is viewed as the franchise guy, but he could win the QB1 job and have OC Jeremy Bates customize game plans that play to his strengths as a quick-rhythm passer with excellent accuracy, timing and anticipation.

With the Jets employing a variation of the West Coast offense, which is built around short, high-percentage passes delivered off three- and five-step drops, Bridgewater is in an offense that perfectly matches his game, and the positive reviews support to that notion.

That's why I'm curious to see how the Jets will showcase Bridgewater during training camp and the preseason, particularly if he continues to perform well in practices and scrimmages. Will the Jets use Bridgewater as a trade chip to bring back draft capital or some other assets? Will they give him a legitimate chance to be a short-term starter? Regardless of the outcome, it sounds like the minimal offseason investment could pay huge dividends for the Jets.

#292 Walt White, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So I fixed your post for you.

Now lets examine, 3 of the first four games you call a loss. The Jets just happened to have beaten all those teams in the first 5 weeks of the season last year. You say Mayfield is too good but I won't even address that since he will be "looking good" from the bench. What has Miami done to improve their team? Minkah? He may end up being good but that won't help them much in 2018. You may be right about the Jags but that is like a blind squirrel finding a nut. The game against the Lions, eh, could go either way.

Moving on to Denver, "Two Defensive Ends who mean business", seriously? They still need to score points, DE generally don't do that.
    Next the Colts, you give that a maybe? Worse offense and defense than the Jets last year but you give it a maybe? They don't even know if they have a QB
    OK, the Vikings up next, you got a freebie on that one

Next three Bear, Dolphins, Bills. Two maybes and a loss? Is there any actual thinking going on here? Who is QB for the Bills? the Bears? Miami was already discussed.

P*ts? Fuck the P*ts

Titan were a playoff team, great. They still have a terrible pass O and even with Butler their pass D will be sub par. They made the playoffs because they play in the AFC South.

I could go on but it was obvious your picks were random, leaning toward the negative. I may not be the biggest sunshiner on this board but I don't see them being a 3 win team. They may not make the playoffs but the schedule is not some killer like you make it.

#293 The Waterboy, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    joe, TonyFtLaud, MoWilkBeast and 2 others like this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's just hoping everyone gets fired that's all.

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol

16. LF911SC

I wonder if he was including Kirk Cousins in that 300 yard loser club.

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I thought the same. I also thought I was being a bit harsh on Cousins...he can throw for 300 yards and lose week 7 if he likes.

NoodleArm and LF911SC like this.
  18. LF911SC

LOL, totally agree. He can throw for all the yards he wants as long as he loses the game!

donkey likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I was just pointing out that what the Chiefs did with Mahomes last year was really unusual from the perspective of the last decade. Teams don't spend 1st round picks to warehouse and develop talent at QB any more. This is because the rookie wage scale under the 2011 CBA kind of guarantees that your QB is going to want to get absolute top dollar on his second deal. You can't afford to give up an entire season with somebody else getting the majority of the snaps any more. It's just not doable unless the guy you currently have playing is a great player in his late prime.

The Chiefs absolutely should have sat Alex Smith last year. They should have put Mahomes in after 8 or 9 games like the Giants did with Eli in 2004 when they sat Kurt Warner with a playoff spot on the line. Smith helped them win the last 4 games and make the playoffs but he was also the QB during the 4 game losing streak that preceded that run. They traded him this year because it was clear that he was not capable of getting them to a Super Bowl. That was also true last year and they just blew it by keeping Mahomes on the bench so they could play a wild card game with no real prospect of advancing past the divisional round even if they won the wild card game.

To put it in perspective: if the Jets have Josh McCown at QB this year and are 5-4 after 9 games and they keep riding him instead of putting Darnold in how are you going to feel about that?

I'm going to feel like the Jets are blowing their best opportunity to get the new FQB some meaningful reps before he's in his second year and and I'm also going to feel like the best thing that could come out of the decision to keep playing McCown is a wild card loss.

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

From a monetary standing, I would think the rookie wage scale makes it easier to sit a player for a year, prior to the Rookies wage scale, first round rookie QBs we're being paid from day 1 as if they were on their second contracts after being pro bowl caliber players during their first.