Official OTAs thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2018.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

There is no upside to starting McCown unless Bridgewater isn't healthy enough to start or Darnold looks like he's not ready... we've got 2 guys who's football future is ahead of them vs 1 guy who is clearly playing his last season in the NFL... it's a no brainer to push for Teddy to start , if ready.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Come on guy, don’t SOJF this. What he said was he’ll start when he’s ready to start.

“Are we giving him bits and pieces of the offense or are we throwing everything at him? We’re throwing everything at him,” offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates said Wednesday. “If he can handle it, if he can prove that he’s the starter, then that will take place when the time comes.

In what world is that a bad thing to say?

K'OB, Ralebird, NYJFOREVER and 8 others like this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Went to the NFL experience place last weekend to get a picture and autograph from Sam. Figured after he takes the field and the casual fan knows his name it’s going to be impossible to get a hold of him. Imagine trying to do something like that with Carson Wentz in the middle of Philly right now.

He’s a nice guy. First Jets player that’s ever been younger than me so it was definitely a different experience.

4. Big Cat

Also I saw someone on Twitter mention Chad Hansen in the same sentence as Adam Thielen. Hopefully that’s not just because they’re both white; Thielen is one of my favorite receivers in the game. His combination of speed, route running and hands are top 5 in the league, he’s severely underrated. I’d be ecstatic if Hansen became a comparable player.

#164 Big Cat, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thielen is a beast. Its the White Lightning family ... Thielen, Jordy Nelson and now Chad Hansen.

So the question is which one is Barry Allen, Wally West and Bart Allen? <_<

#165 101GangGreen101, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    NYJFOREVER and Big Cat like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Now I feel old and I'm 27. :)

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  7. Big Cat

Haha I’m 21 about to turn 22. When I saw that Darnold just turned 21 I let out an “oh, fuck.”

I tried to picture myself walking into an NFL locker room and commanding the respect of a bunch of giant grown men millionaires and I burst out laughing. Good luck with that, Sam!

NYJalltheway and CotcheryFan like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fuck the both of you guys

;)

Ralebird, RPOZ51, NY Jets68 and 4 others like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's so fun! Thanks for sharing. Any photos? Hopefully the serial killer in the background from Taste of the Jets isn't in any of them, because then you, Sir, have a stalker problem on your hands.

10. jetophile

27! I was 27 27 years ago! I feel the Gettysburg Adress coming on . . .

Does anyone have any recent videos of the OTAs? Asking for Abraham Lincoln.

NYJalltheway and stinkyB like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shit.

I'm old enough to molest Suzy Kolber.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That isn’t referenced nearly enough as it should be

NYJFOREVER and stinkyB like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The upside to starting McCown, is if he proves to be the best QB during camp again, and I believe he will.

I'm excited to see Darnold, but he just turned 21, and has a lot of work to do.
    I don't want to rush him out there, and don't see him ready by week 1.
    If he is ready though, by all means play him, as he's the guy with the most upside for this organization.

Bridgewater has a LOT to prove before being considered for the starting role.
    He's young, but also completely a stop gap working on a 1 year deal.
    I'd only play him if he beats out McCown, and Darnold is not ready.
    Out of the three, Bridgewater is the guy I don't expect will be a Jet next season.

14. Big Cat

Fortunately the serial killer was nowhere to be found.

[​IMG][​IMG]

After the signing we got to go through a museum type NFL tour where we got to see the 2019 Lombardi trophy, all of the previous Super Bowl rings and a bunch of other exhibits. The whole thing was only $34 which was honestly well worth it, although they force you to buy their merchandise for the signing.

It was at NFL experience in Times Square. I think I’d recommend the place even without the autograph signing, although that was an enormous cherry on top.

15. Big Cat

Well minicamp is over which starts the clock on the worst 6 week stretch in the NFL. There’s literally nothing good that can happen from mid June to late July. Hopefully we don’t hear a damn thing about the Jets until training camp.

16. jetophile

That's terrific! Thanks for posting! Hopefully both will be worth A LOTTTTTTTTT of $ someday for all of the right reasons. : ) Glad you had a nice time! Even happier you got John Wayne Gacy off your trail.

Was there a long line? How much did you have to pay for the T-shirt (which I assume was part of being forced to buy their merchandise?). Hopefully you bought the T-shirt on your own previously and just had to buy a cheap Jets coffee mug from China.

17. Big Cat

I hope so too. I actually bought the shirt voluntarily from the NFLshop website for like $30 haha. The line was around the corner of the street but I got there a little over an hour before it started so I was like 10th in line. The merchandise they make you buy was anything you wanted autographed; no outside items could’ve been signed.

18. Big Cat

Well this, if done well, could be VERY cool.

Sounds like a perfect way to keep us entertained during the most boring 6 weeks in the NFL. Hopefully they give us some good behind the scenes access of the draft process that led us to Sam.

19. im disappointed far more than i should be for minicamp to end.

Its the most good vibes & completed passes in a practice environment since 2010;Maybe longer.

TC cant get here soon enough. Hoping to make opening day of camp..Legit QBs & Nonna’s pizza has me drooling

nycarl, themorey and Big Cat like this.
  20. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Were there no reports or tweets from today's practice?