Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Sandy & Callaway have both made some comments that suggest they think cespedes is kind of Dogging it. Not sure what good that does to say something that can be infer that way.

“Sandy Alderson said he is a little surprised Cespedes is still on the DL, given it was a hip flexor injury and not a quad. As for a timetable: "I won't say he is close, but I don't think he is that far away."

Callaway on Cespedes “We paid him a lot of money to go out there and produce and we don’t have him right now,'' says Callaway

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

All part of the Mets curse - all good things must eventually turn to dust, because like Jets fans, we can't have nice things. Sigh.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

What a bulldog Jake is. Surrounded by chihuahuas on that staff

4. statjeff22

deGrom has given up two runs over his last 8 starts, and the team is 2-6 in those games. He leads the NL in ERA, and after 12 starts he's 4-0. You can't make this crap up.

5. statjeff22

Cubs take the lead with a run in the 7th on a designed steal of home with men on 1st and 3rd. Madden is playing chess, Callaway is playing checkers.

6. statjeff22

And now an even worse fundamental breakdown. 1st and 3rd one out, a short fly to right, Bruce doesn't call off Guillorme who has to make a circus catch and the runner scores. If Bruce calls for the ball there's no way the runner even tries to go.

And now they get caught flat-footed on the third steal of the inning.

It's fine for Callaway to call out the team on their defensive lapses and lack of being in the game, but if it keeps happening over and over by different players it's more on him than on them. This isn't a JR Smith-type problem when everyone on the team is playing with their heads up their rear ends.

7. statjeff22

Mets get swept in a four-game series and lose for the 11th time in their last 14 games. They're finally getting the starting pitching they were hoping for, and everything else falls apart.

Callaway doesn't even bother pinch hitting for Guillorme against the lefty with two outs in the ninth. He's given up as much as the team has. I'm beginning to think that he was a bad hire.

8. NYGalPal

9. NYGalPal

Maddon definitely schooled Callaway that's for sure. He seems to predetermine his moves before the game instead of feeling the situation out. ie: his use of pitchers. "Oh I decided so & so was always going to pitch the 7th before the game" "oh it was decided so & so was going to pitch the 8th" Like I've said even when they went on that winning streak he did things and said things that made me think I'm not so sure about this guy.

Jay Bruce has gotta get it together. It's reaching deeply concerning levels.

10. NYGalPal

In a sea of negativity I do have to say Matz has been looking good.

Oh and back to negative(can't sleep) Callaway NY is tough to play in was probably one of the biggest load of BS I've heard from a manager. He has shown that he expects very little accountability from himself & his players. Excuse after excuse with this guy. Just bending over backwards to coddle these guys.

#8250 NYGalPal, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Exactly when does Alderson gets any flak for this trainwreck???? Seems to me he should be #2 villian behind Rookie Calloway and his entire staff. BTW, who is the hitting coach on this team?

12. statjeff22

They can't even score 2 runs at home against a team with a .293 winning percentage that's on a 7-game losing streak.

Callaway doesn't even pinch run for Bruce in the bottom of the 9th with Reyes on the bench. He's making a real good case for himself of being way over his head. And where the hell is his bench coach telling him to get his head out of his ass?

stinkyB likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Luckily for me Optimum was down at my house and I had no cable or internet so I couldn't watch or stream this bullshit of a team. They are getting hard to watch.

14. statjeff22

Nine more innings, excellent start from Wheeler, Familia sucks, 5 hits, 0 runs, sixth straight loss at home.

15. NYGalPal

I think I've seen enough from Callaway to conclude he doesn't know wtf he's doing.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You can see where this is going. Jake bulldogs his ass off but they squander opportunities and he gets no support as usual. Then the late inning collapse.

Familia on the 10 day DL. Hope Ramos doesn't shit his pants out there

17. statjeff22

This team is a fucking joke.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just like the people who run it...

Sam Hammer likes this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not a baseball fan and I got no dog in this. But being a Mets fan and a Jets fan seems like an unfair punishment. May God have a special place in heaven for you guys. Not saying this to make fun of you. As a Jets fan I know the feeling but Jets and Mets is just too much.

JetBlue likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'll take your Jets and Mets fandom and raise you the Knicks and Rangers as well.

We now have the same record we did last year at this point.

How pathetic is Bruce? And too think we have two more years of this shit.

Why is Conforto swinging for the fences every time? At what point do we blame the hitting Coach for these performances?