2017-2018 NBA discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Just pathetic. I'm not even going to watch one more game until next year

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Cleveland Cavaliers-Golden State Warriors. A match-up none of us could have even dreamed of is here!

Seriously though, the last 4 games of that Western Conference Finals the Warriors played good for like a combined 4 quarters. It's amazing they have so much talent to pull it off despite playing that way, but it is also concerning. I expect them to click again during the Finals. Warriors in 5.

The 2 conference finals losers (Rockets-Celtics) have a legitimate chance of interrupting this Lebron-Warriors match-up next year. Both are for real.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The difference in talent level of the two teams in the Finals really is ridiculous. It's impossible to believe that Cleveland can win, yet also eminently possible to believe if the Warriors continue to go for quarters at a time playing with their heads up their rear ends. LeBron James really is just that good. The only way GS can lose this is if they lose it - how can Cleveland win any game that GS even only plays at an average level (for them)?

Antoni, Red Menace and NYJalltheway like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Warriors have to be the laziest bunch of Super Athletes ...

They will add to the excitement and help the bookies by losing a few games on the way to a Championship...

I say it's GSW in 7..another dramatic finish lol

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Celtics definitely but I don’t have any faith in Houston. This was a typical D’Antoni team — overachieve with threes in the regular season but shit the bed in the conference finals. When it was the Spurs beating the Suns the narrative was that the Spurs were able to simply slow the pace down; but now the NBA is built upon throwing up three after three and when it can time to do it in a big game they couldn’t do it. I don’t see why that would finally change next year.

Antoni and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Rockets will definitely upset the LeBron-Warriors matchup next year...if Bron goes to the Rockets.

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Celtics are in the Finals next year for sure if they can stay healthy. Even if they can't, if LeBron leaves the East they will get there anyway.

Agreed on D'Antoni. If I'm the Rockets I try to get LeBron and then replace D'Antoni with a defense minded coach. There would be enough offense on the team anyway.

8. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Warriors are -1200 to win the series hah, very lopsided.

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I predict GS wins in 5. Cleveland gets a win at home, but that's it.

10. JetBlue

GS is not playing good basketball; if the refs let Cleveland play physical they can dominate them down low and win this series.

I remember getting laughed at in 05 when I predicted Pistons over the Lakers in five. I have the same feeling about this series.

Cavs in 6.

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

GS in 4, win every game by double digits.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

This would be an even bigger upset than 2004. The Pistons were only 4-1 dogs that series. The Cavs are about 8-1 or 9-1 right now.

13. JetBlue

This would be an upset of Giants/Patriots proportion no doubt, but that’s why it’s an upset — nobody expects it to happen.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Way bigger than either Patriots-Giants SB - it's far far easier for an underdog to win one game than to win 4 out of 7. This would be of SB III magnitude, at least, or 1969 Miracle Mets.

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Unless you have money on this series I can't see a reason to root for the Warriors. I guess you could call me a LeBron hater but even I want him to win this Finals. It would certainly make the GOAT debate more interesting among other things. The Warriors are just boring. KD is a beta just like LeBron is but he is on a stacked team. I will root for the Beta playing with a bunch of bums against all odds.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Not sure on this. Logically it makes a lot of sense, but it's very close actually if you just go by implied odds. The Giants were also 8-1 to win the first SB against the Pats just like these Cavs are. The 2001 Patriots who beat the Rams were 14point dogs and like 10-1 on the moneyline?

I don't know, what you say makes sense and I always bet huge Super Bowl underdogs on the money line because of the reasoning of anything can happen in 1 game, and I never bet huge underdogs in the NBA Finals because you would think there's more games and therefore the better team will win. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Cleveland can win or make it a good series. All these talking heads are calling it some big mismatch. that dipshit Cowturd seriously said yesterday that the Cavs will be swept and LeBron will quit after the season and take a year off. what a jackass

GS hasn't been playing very well. Iguodala is hurt. With the Cavs there is a lot of talk about LeBron being tired and having junk around him. But the Warriors are tired too.

And an overlooked thing is that while the players around LeBron aren't that good, since like half the team was acquired at the trade deadline, they are more fresh than everyone else who's been through the grueling playoffs 4 years in a row. I expect a big series from Larry Nance Jr. for example

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty much a lock for Cleveland now :D

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree, Cleveland can't realistically win the NBA Finals, but there is a slight chance the Warriors could lose it if they don't shape up and focus.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JetBlue Im not laughing I agree.