Jets trade Hackenberg to Oakland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

all those youtube videos of his time at Penn State we all watched, completely wasted. Aint getting that time back in your life.

Did you know Hackenberg was the no. 1 recruit coming out of high school? lol

2. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Count yourself lucky to just watch YouTube videos, I had to watch him for 3 years live and in person at penn state.

stinkyB and CBG like this.
  3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

It was an indefensible pick on so many levels by this GM.

You feel bad for the kid too, because it was just an awful situation to be in.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My friends son was going to Penn State and they lived it also,,,,,on draft day my phone rang 30 seconds after Mac made the pick and mu buddy was losing his mind

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Nah. He made a lot more money by getting overdrafted because of the rookie wage scale. He got $4.6M to never play a snap. That’s entirely worth a couple mean articles about you.

NYJetsO12, stinkyB, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Feel bad for him? He got paid millions of dollars to be awful at his job. Sorry, I don't feel bad for him even a little bit.

101GangGreen101, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Agreed. I feel about as bad for him as I did for Tim Tebow. Which is essentially not at all. It was just a bad fit and a stupid pick.

8. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Listen, I was as pissed as anyone afte the Jets drafted Hackenberg. I watched a ton of his college games, and knew he wasn’t very good.

With that said it was the abosolute WORST situation he could have walked into. Had he gone anywhere else he would have actually received some real NFL coaching. Instead he got drafted to a team that had a clueless Head Coach and a lazy old man who didn’t care.

CBG likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles and the Jets are not the reason Hackenberg is and will be a failure in the NFL. If you watched him in college and knew he wasn't very good, it's odd that you'd blame anyone but him. You don't see QBs that aren't good getting drafted and when they do, it's in the later rounds and when they flame out it's no one's fault. That's who Hack is/was, our GM was just dumb enough to take him in the 2nd round.

CBG and FJF like this.
  10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If you're a Jets fan, and I'm sure most of us are, this move shouldn't exactly give you a warm and fuzzy about the GM. Objectively speaking, using a 2nd rounder on Hackenberg is a move that hands down gets you fired with great enthusiasm. That move truly showed Jets nation what many of us had already suspected, Mac knows NOTHING more about picking a QB than anyone. Fuck, you could get just as sound decision making from the homeless guy living in a fucking cardboard box down the street. It shows that Mac has ZERO talent above you and I to be GM. The ONLY reason he got to be GM in the first place is because he sucked the right **** along the way and through sheer, blind, stupid luck he managed to guess right on a few players. He's nothing more than a shithead that's managed to get into a job that pays him extravagantly and gets to look like somehow he's so fucking smart and should be revered. He's the worst kind of fucking fraud I've ever seen. What's worse is he gets to make mistake after mistake and get away with it?

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And yet he just pulled off a masterstroke to deliver Sam Darnald to Jets drive, what a tosser the man is, sack him immediately.

LF911SC and Harpua like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That was just sheer, blind, stupid luck. :p

K'OB likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You mad bro...like crazy mad

Waiting for the "good post" regarding that trash from...

#213 Walt White, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't he be happy? He's getting another chance in the NFL vs. the CFL or having to go back to finish his degree so he can get a good job in the real world.

K'OB likes this.
  15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

He's in a good place. Gruden loved him and Gruden understands QB's, if he can become anything in the NFL this is one of the two places to be for him. The other would be Kansas City.

16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Gruden has a history of not understanding QBs. He never developed one, all his success came with vets. Not much different in KC other than Reid with McNabb

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On a positive note , There are 3 moves that this GM has made that you could say define his tenure here:

Leo Williams (fell into his lap)

Engineered a trade with Seattle to send Richardson for Kearse

This past Spring , moving up to the 3 spot for 2 second rounders to Colts...result was Sam Darnold

The blunders however are a plenty: Mevis Fitz and Mo Wilk overpayments; drafting tons of crap like D Lee and many others, still NO offensive lineman and of course the Hack a Sack fiasco

Can you imagine Teddy B, our reconstructed Superstar, doing great for the first 3 games then going down (maybe permanently) because no one can block effectively and he gets sacked??????...Brilliant planning Mac

Someone please point out anything else that Mac handled halfway decently

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Mac's legacy is being written right now. It's way too early to judge the last three drafts, but there's a good possibility he's nabbed several starters in all three with a FQB for good measure. We'll prolly see another draft at least also. Not to mention the good cap position we'll be in... again. Every time I read some of these posts by a few people it almost reinforces to me that the teams fortunes may have changed and the worm will turn.

K'OB and FJF like this.
  19. Mainejet

So because he managed to get a completely unproven QB prospect now he's a masterstroke? That sounds really gay, but I'll assume you're thinking the move was genius? Sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm. The truth is historically speaking that Sam Darnold will become Mark Sanchez. In other words, I'll believe in his franchise QB abilities only when I see them. Based on the odds? I'd suggest you do the same.

And until then we have exactly what I posted, a complete idiot that has failed two times running at getting a QB. A fucking failure that has the team at 5-11 two years in a row now ad yet suckers like you still believe in the yard ape.

20. Mainejet

Maybe the teams fortunes have turned?? Well, maybe they've turned to shit also? The latter is just as likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.