I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

id much prefer teddy start if healthy, I already know the best McCown can do so I would like to see teddy, McCown should strictly be a coach.

Often times when a QB like Darnold is drafted high there won't be a capable guy like bridgewater already in place, if the jets are 3-5 or worse at the halfway point then I think we see Sam, but I would be pretty shocked if he started week 1. Happy to see him but shocked

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Just to be clear the thread is about Teddy playing 16 games. I said I'd bet anything Darnold plays at some point. Week 9 would mean playing in some games. Nothing more than that here

Agree totally about the QBs. I would add Winston, loved him out of FSU too.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

The 16 game narrative changed on the first page when folks realized the OP was trolling.

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s starting 16 games but if he does we’re in the playoffs and possibly winning the AFCE.

The narrative became “if Darnold doesn’t beat out Teddy and McCown, we picked the wrong guy” which is idiotic because it’s very likely, as great as Sam will be—and he will be great—there is a very good likelihood that Teddy is the best QB coming out of camp.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Come on, man - you can't really use this hyperbole as a reason to make such important decisions can you? Unnamed "people" with not a scintilla of evidence. Who were they, his mom and his agent's wife's hairdresser? Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Goff - none of them matter! Darnold will play when he's ready to play or when nobody is left to play.

If Bridgewater, or even McCown is tearing it up this season they'll continue to tear it up until there's a reason to make a change. Hopefully, while that's going on Darnold will actually have somebody working with him actually making him better not just giving him a bunch of reps.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My guess would be the last time a high 1 sat would be the last time their was a better option in front of him. Coaches / front office guys could give a damn about what the fans want or think

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think the opposite about the fans. We like to think Jets fans are rabid maniacs and for the most part that has been true. But in the last couple years apathy has set in.

We sat through a whole season of McClown last year, fellow Jet fans weren't burning down the facility to see Hackenberg. For the most part, we didn't really care that much and the staff obviously doesn't care what the fans think.

they'll be around .500 with Bridgewater or McCown, Jets fans will settle in. It will be pretty calm like last year

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hackenberg sucked though. Slightly different situation.

After watching a little of the OTAs and some film of Teddy, I'm more and more impressed. Footwork is solid. Has a smooth, quick release. He's very mobile. Intelligence is there. We could be looking at a Wentz/Foles situation with Darnold/Bridgewater. Except we also have McCown as a solid backup also and mentor.

LF911SC likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When it comes to Teddy, let's wait until after the first few hits on that leg..

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

fair enough. Always good to get the dark side's perspective. Or should I say warning :D

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Mostly because everyone knew the other options sucked...... but to be honest, after watching Petty for a few games, I barely watched week 17 when I knew they were starting him that worthless week too

11. LF911SC

Ugh, now we have to figure out which statement is more idiotic, lol.

12. LF911SC

They shouldn't but it's a business. Where you want to sell tickets to make money. And to keep your team in the news and the public eye. And then there's the competition for print space with the Giants who will start Barkley from day 1.

I'm not saying you force a QB to play who is far from ready, ala Hack. But if he's close or you don't think he hurts his development he will play

I'm trying to answer my own question. Carson Palmer? Can't think of anyone after him, a top pick QB who sat an entire year.

13. Rollo Tomassi

The “he’s the wrong guy” comment was monumentally more idiotic.

14. LF911SC

Totally agree. It's amazingly wrong.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Also “we got another Sanchez”.

16. LF911SC

There's the idiotic fall back.

17. Rollo Tomassi

All USC QBs suck don’t you know?

LF911SC likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Patrick Mahomes got 1 start after going #10 in 2017. The Chiefs let him on the field when the game meant nothing to playoff standings.
    Aaron Rodgers got no starts after going #24 in 2005. Nobody argued to get him on the field either. He could have been pretty good in camp and he'd have sat the whole year with Favre on a consecutive starts streak.
    Philip Rivers got 8 passes in after going #4 in 2004. The Chargers were so set on red-shirting him after his hold out into camp that they started Doug Flutie in week 17 when Drew Brees got hurt.

Obviously the rules have changed since the 2011 CBA went into effect. No good QB has sat an entire year since then and lots of flops have played extensively in year 1. If Mahomes is good he'll be the most coddled good 1st round pick QB in a decade at this point.

almbleamal and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

At some point you play Darnold ...we all agree it's just WHEN

That's a silly thought...just hang up the phone man

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I never thought I would see the day when the Fanbase was calling for a semi crippled talented QB over pushing for Sam D a young healthy uber talented smart guy who our GM managed to snag

No disrespect to Bridgewater but I totally agree with Tony FL that 8 reps at OTAs is a pretty poor sample to project a season of greatness for Teddy

If he can do it..well God Bless him..and the QB situation has some GOOD problems for a change