Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you’re saying it’s not streaming?

I was told it was streaming.

2. Rollo Tomassi

So you’re saying it’s not streaming?

I was told it was streaming.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Can we now all agree that there are clearly two very legitimate and very genuine sides to the coin here? Folks suggesting it’s a players right to protest and anyone who disagrees is a bigot and anyone suggesting they’re done with the NFL is full of shit?

Oh wait, that’s the same side.

I guess one side is bigoted and the other side has the faux moral high ground?

Am I doing this right?

Jets69 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What? So who is it that "absolutely hates this country?" Is it someone who has a problem that a black NBA player gets attacked and tased by a bunch of cops for double parking? Is it a guy who has a problem that Philando Castile was shot in cold blood in his car after telling a cop that he had a gun? Maybe it was someone who had a problem with a black man being counted as 3/5 of a white man or the guy who believed that it was immoral for a woman not to have the right to vote. We heard it in the sixties about anyone who did not support the debacle of another country's civil war on the other side of the planet.

Who are you, or anyone else, to decide that someone else hates his country and what the penalty for that infraction should be?

5. Ralebird

Who said anything about hating cops? Do you honestly believe that someone needs to hate cops to see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears that there are cops who abuse their power and must be stopped. Or is it simply the act of speaking out or taking a knee that makes them cop haters? Do cops who abhor and decry those abusers among them "hate cops?" Do you suggest that bad cops be given free rein to trample on my Constitutional rights? What about yours?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

More white people are killed by cops than blacks...Woodstock is over dude lay off the acid already

As for your hero philando whatever if I recall there was a trial and the cop was found to be justified in his use of force

Jets69 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Nice speech - totally nonresponsive to anything I wrote but it shows how you wear your blinders. This is not a black/white issue although guys like you find it easier to paint it that way if it's not someone in your family being killed or even treated somewhat unfairly. This is about that group of cops who abuse their authority. It's a small group but I guess that's okay with you - until you become a victim. Imagine living every day of your life waiting for when that will happen.

What difference does it make that more whites are killed than cops? There are four times as many white people in this country as blacks.

And just FYI - the cop who shot Castile lost his job over the shooting.

Jay Bizniss and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They changed their policy because a group of old rich white owners don’t like the fact that social injustice is a problem in this country coupled with the fact that they don’t understand (or care about) the plight of the people protesting. But whatever makes you feel better.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So tell me how protesting isn't covered by the First Amendment and has nothing to do with freedom? Because it's the definition of the First Amendment. Anyone who acts to curtail that by personally restricting that right clearly has no respect for the American Constitution and America itself.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the divider-and-chief spiking the football this morning on asskiss & friends, excuse me, fox & friends.

the anthem stuff aint going away this year, sigh

stinkyB likes this.
  11. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Since when is the NFL Congress?

12. BroadwayAaron

Is this real?

Cman68 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Forgot to mention this part in my reply to @MeanGreenMachine88

Our dipshit President is hinting at tossing players out of the country if they don’t “honor” the anthem. He won’t, but what are millionaire and billionaire owners, most Trump supporters, supposed to do? Of course they are going to appease their mindless leader.

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

From the outside looking in, it is like reading about a cult, you don't disrespect the anthem, don't dis our flag.

What is the matter with you ?

It is a piece of cloth and a shit song, just like our national anthem ,well when I say ours I mean Britain's national anthem, as you will never hear England's anthem played anywhere, when the Welsh, Scottish and Northern Ireland play a sporting event or win a medal out comes, Land of Our Fathers, Flower of Scotland and A Londonderry Air to get played, When England do anything we get God Save the Queen (it is really Land of hope and glory btw) you don't see us ripping up our England season tickets and burning down London and the house of parliament in protest, you know why ?

Because it is a fucking dirge of a tune that means nothing to any of us as we get along with our lives in a normal fashion.

Maybe it would have been different if it was smashed into us at every opportunity from school age onward but it wasn't thank fuck :rolleyes:

#154 K'OB, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    TwoHeadedMonster and Cman68 like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Usually a nice tall glass of a fine Merlot along with an expertly rolled joint usually helps in sorting these things out..

stinkyB likes this.
  16. Cman68

Trump doesn't have Putin Powers YET. He can't do anything other than bluster about tossing people anywhere. Until Trump is finished remaking the country, the right to protest in any form you wish is still a 1st amendment right as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Funny how the Alt-Right worships the 2nd amendment but despises the 1st..

K'OB likes this.
  17. Cman68

talk about a missed point:confused:

BroadwayAaron and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That will be your loss as the Jets are finally building a winner, not the Jets, and not ours. I'm truly sorry that you feel that way. I suggest that it is you who have no idea what they are protesting, not the protesters. They are very clear about what they are protesting against, and their protest is totally valid. I'm sorry that you're blinded to the truth of it. I've always thought you a good and decent poster.

I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't think that this country has a shameful heritage for: stealing the country from Native Americans; attempting genocide of Native Americans; for continuing to break treaties, lie to them, and steal from them; for enslaving a race of people; for lynching those in that race who dared to protest their treatment or look a white person in the eyes, or for any other reason that struck their fancy; for the mistreatment and incarceration of all Japanese Americans during WWII; for the way Asian Americans, Irish, Italians, and Hispanics were treated when they immigrated here; for the racial inequality and sexual inequality that continue to exist; for the bigotry and greed of the wealthy towards the poor, and their continued efforts to keep the poor repressed; and many other things at a minimum is incredibly naive, and at worse is either choosing not to see it because it makes them uncomfortable or because it interferes with their agenda.

Our public schools and textbooks have brainwashed generations of Americans to the ugly truth. They picked and choosed what they would include in textbooks and classrooms, just as the media picks and chooses what it reports on and the views it expresses.

K'OB, 101GangGreen101 and Jay Bizniss like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the bolded is true, then it's extremely sad that all those people are so blind and have such limited knowledge or short memories. The thing is, I don't think it's true. Sure, there are some, but most of those who have been discriminated against don't forget. People don't have to be white supremacists to adopt ideas and support regimes or policies that discriminate and continue the status quo. Until people like that wake up and realize the version of America that they idolize (truly make an idol of and worship), the Norman Rockwell America of the 1950s wasn't so innocent, great, or ideal for everyone and realize that in trying to recapture or preserve that America causes every bit as much evil as white supremacists, Nazis and bigots, just in more subtle ways that they don't want to face and accept, nothing will improve or get better for ALL Americans. It's time for change.

I used to think just like you. I thank God every day that He helped me to see the truth and that I no longer do.

20. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Not trying to start shit here just honestly confused.
    I was under the impression that the first amendment protects an individuals right of free speech from the "government" and not from a private employer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.