If the Jets are the only team still doing the anthem protest in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This sounded racist.

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with kneeling, which is what my point was about. Call it what you want. FACTS remain. This country has dollars with racist on it. A slave owner wrote its anthem. It has a holiday (Columbus Day) which celebrates a genocide (btw...guess what? he didn't discover shit. shhh don't tell anyone). It has a team in it's nation's capital who has offended native americans for decades. And on and on. If we want to ignore it, so be it. But don't be covert with the hypocrisy. Just be bold and say "I don't give a fuck about you, your people or your cause. I just wanna watch football"

3. This is all about peaceful freedom of expression. If you truly embrace the beauty of the anthem you must respect the freedom of speech the very song portrays. The best way to combat percieved “disrespect” for the flag is to simply ignore it.Dont pay it any mind

#63 KurtTheJetsFan, May 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
    Dierking, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Franchize

Cosby was JUST a comedian? I'm no Cosby supporter at all, but I think you need to do some research on that man's history as an activist and philanthropist. That said, if he truly did what he was accused of, he's a piece of shit.

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Stand, kneel, dance, whatever. Just win football games.

FJF likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hate the Johnsons even more for this ..voting "yes" to mandate respect for our Country at Owners meeting then turning around and saying "no fines for players" What an arrogant f$ck is he ??? Are Woody and Chris Republicans? Trump should immediately dump their ..azz

They are Billionaires and can also blow off the 5 million NFL fine ...each game..Are you kidding ??! Money could go to charity or Players Causes...dumb dumb dumb

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't give a fuck about you, your people or your cause. I just wanna watch football.

sec314 likes this.
  8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

The people in wheelchairs are snowflakes

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If your so pissed, as is your right, then stop watching the nfl and being a jet fan. And since that’s not nfl till September u can start by quitting this site. And if you are young enough go join the army and protect this country. If not volunteer with the guard on weekends. I have the utmost respect for people that do and also the players who don’t stand. I just don’t give a shit about it anymore. My team has good qb and an owner I can finally like because he lets my gm do his job. Btw with his statements u think a lot of free agents are gonna want to play for the jets? Hello yeah and that’s what I care about. You are dismissed

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

It's gonna be hard for me to watch less. I watched like two games last year, and one of them was because I was stuck in an airport bar.

sec314 likes this.
  11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

WRONG answer Hillary . You're on company time, you're on company rules. If the owners didn't want to play ice and coddle the players they could tell them you're fucking fired. That's the same as you should be for posting something so idiotic.

#71 Mainejet, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    MeanGreenMachine88 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Franchize

Cool. So noted. I just hope you come with that same energy in people's faces when confronted in real life.

13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I like Trump but I don't care if players kneel...that is their right (as it wasn't mandated by the NFL).

I just want to watch football, and many of these players are not role models or even good people in many cases. They get paid well because of their entertainment value....the off the field garbage and their stances on issues doesn't affect me

As for the Jets I don't think any of the players knelt and I don't see that happening going forward...Christopher Johnson seems to be really smart here as he comes across well to different groups with no real downside

14. Unhappyjetsfan

You asked, I answered.

15. NYJetsO12

Listen guys ...the Owners of the NFL ARE NOT SLAVE OWNERS...they afford African Americans and ANYBODY else WHO IS VERY TALENTED a chance to make it BIG...(sounds good to me!!!!)

On NFL radio I heard the real deal explained...the Owners had a sit down over the past year with players to address issues of social injustice and committees and teams, and money was SET ASIDE for the PLAYERS to take the NEXT STEP and bring help/assistance to the Community...

THUS FAR THE PLAYERS HAVE DONE NOTHING...SMH12xs

16. Franchize

Cool beans. I admire your honesty. At least electronically

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Then why do u care. U don’t even se.evit. Bummer just when things are getting good you decide to bail over a song

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

SO you don't watch the games but waste time and energy to bash them on the interwebs? :confused:

19. Franchize

I don't know about you guys, but during the national anthem, I'm usually trying to figure out what else I can't watch or DVR before kick off and getting snacks/drinks.

Do you even [grill] bro? lol

20. NYJetsO12

Everything you said is absolutely true...but frankly no one takes the time to examine $ and think about a slave owner

Were you ever BROKE Franchize??? Or lost your business?? Life takes on a much different perspective when you CANT PAY THE RENT...or lost your job

This country is great because it allows you (any race color or creed) to recover..if you persist and put in the work YOU MAKE a COMEBACK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.