If the Jets are the only team still doing the anthem protest in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Their cause is equal treatment of blacks that they believe doesn't exist from people like cops.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Turn the t.v. on after the anthem aka shutup and just watch the game. Just like we tell athletes to shut up and dribble. Athletes to many are role models

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

KAP also wore a Fidel T shirt so go figure,,,I think Johnson is an A hole for encouraging this , whats next do they announce that all Jet players that have a run in with the law will get bailed out by Johnson and the Jets ? Robbie Anderson will love that,,,sorry guys I think the announcement only encourages it , I hope none of the Jets or anyone else for that matter kneels. BTW I also would tell people at a Football , Hockey or any other sporting event to remove their Hat during the anthem but thats me same goes for school during the Pledge of Allegiance , there are more appropriate times to protest the Anthem aint one of them.

4. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

How many Jets kneeled last season? What disgusting bullshit is he encouraging? He has just ensured that there won't be one Jets player kneel next year, if you can't see and understand that then you need to open your eyes to the fact that by standing with his players he has ensured their 100% loyalty and that loyalty will mean none of them will knowingly cost him money. That's what leaders do, they unite and lead people.

Genuine question here, does the US constitution not protect the right to peaceful protest without fear of punishment?

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I love the irony when flag wielding Trump morons needs America (and leadership) explained to them by a foreigner.
    Good stuff GWG.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Let's be clear with how things work in the country. The players have the right to protest the anthem. Because they're doing it on company time, the Jets organization and the NFL have the right to punish them. But the Jets organization also has the right to support them. You have the right to complain about it, but I also have the right to say that by starting a thread to complain about it, if anyone's the snowflake it's you. FWIW I'm not a hypocrite; if Curt Schilling were a football player and the Jets signed him I wouldn't complain.

Nesquik and FJF like this.
  7. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

But you're ok with everyone, including a sport FULL of black athletes, chanting a song written by a slave owner?

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

While I'd rather watch Sam Darnold taking a knee at the end of the SB, .in the meantime well played Chris Johnson.

The players have every right to kneel or even stand on their heads if they want to.

phubbadaman likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

Key owned slaves, but the lyrics don't endorse slavery. Washington owned slaves too, are we going to stop celebrating his legacy?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Franchize

It's funny for Tebowing wasn't a problem but this is. Both kneeling.
    We're not, but we should. We also shouldn't be celebrating Christopher Columbus and Thomas Jefferson as well. Is this thread about what WILL happen or what SHOULD happen because, if we're being honest, those are two TOTALLY different things.

11. HomeoftheJets

I disagree. We should condemn Washington for owning slaves, but we shouldn't stop celebrating the rest of his legacy. And I have no problem with Tebowing or the anthem protests.

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't appear to know very much about Francis Scott Key. You should Google him and research his approach to slavery and blacks in America during his lifetime.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They get paid good to play the game. The choices they make with what they say or do, while the clock is not running, is their right as Americans, the right of free speech. Unfortunately you also have that right. You also have the right to not watch the games if it offends you so much.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Tebowing isn't a political statement or an intentional sign of disrespect designed to aggravate half of the team's paying customers.

15. Franchize

I don't see any Cosby show re-runs, and nobody seems to have a problem with that. Just sayin lol

"He saves more than he rapes."
    -Dave Chapelle

All Gas No Shake and phubbadaman like this.
  16. Franchize

Colin's stance wasn't intended as a sign of disrespect. People made it into that.

17. Franchize

HE changed his stance on slavery. Nevertheless, he did own slaves. Washington also owned slaves. Thomas Jefferson owned slaves and raped them.

18. Unhappyjetsfan

Horseshit ... he wore socks with pigs wearing police hats. Peddle your nonsense elsewhere.

19. Franchize

Funny how I can't remember a single anthem and who did what before this, but everyone is so offended. If the NFL really wanted to fix the problem, they'd keep ALL players, regardless of their stance, in the locker room. They don't though. They want to protect their bottom line for a particular type of fan. They could care less about all fans. They deemed who made up the larger portion, who they themselves agreed with and chose sides.

20. HomeoftheJets

The difference between Cosby and Washington is that Cosby was a comedian, whereas Washington was one of the biggest reasons our country still exists today. I'm not going to honor a comedian, but I will honor Washington even while condemning him for owning slaves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.