If the Jets are the only team still doing the anthem protest in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No I wont stop watching them. I'm too addicted. It's a sickness

But you will hear from me and many others. And we will be loud, unpleasant, persistant, and unyielding

What was agreed upon today was locker room for protestors and field for everybody else. This is what will be carried out for all 16 Jets games.

This is what I expect to see or hell will be raised. Of all teams mine will not persist with this garbage as a lone holdeout

I expect a clarifying statement soon

Doesnt seem like you know this franchises fans very well. We are not a limp wristed gaggle of snowflakes

rickjet and Greenstar like this.
  2. forevercursed

Sorry was so mad wrote 2019

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

4. forevercursed

Well i just called Florham Park and they admitted people are burning up the lines after johnsons quote. And it's not in support of the Kaepernicking. Fans are furious

Go ahead. Call.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

//thread

LF911SC and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I called the famous florham park and they said the reactions have been overwhelmingly positive, they said they even had fans of opposing teams calling to praise the jets.

This move will attract free agents, players like to play where they feel welcome and supported by ownership, idk how anyone can see this as a bad move by Johnson

boozer32, NJJets20, Ralebird and 5 others like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

NJJets20 and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Why does this piss you off so much? This country was built on the premise of Freedom of Speech. We don't have to worship the fucking flag to be a citizen of this country. In my eyes, America is pretty shitty so I have no issues with what the players are doing. They feel strongly about something, and have every right to express that.

boozer32, K'OB, nycarl and 4 others like this.
  9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm 43. It is my sincere hope that before I die the Jets finally get ownership that is not either incompetent or a complete POS (or both). This guy is a disgrace. He can do whatever he wants; he owns the team. But I am also entitled to express my opinion that the guy is a douchebag.

10. forevercursed

Spineless gutless coward he is. And believe me he is getting a piece of the real Jets fans minds now. Fuck encouraging this kaepernick bs

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Can this go away. I watch football to avoid crap. Who cares

12. Unhappyjetsfan

They are entertainers asking me for my entertainment dollar. And if they intentionally disrespect law enforcement and the national anthem then I don't want them begging for my entertainment dollar. This guy (Johnson) is their boss; if he wants to encourage the behavior, that's fine. But then don't beg me with 47 emails a week to get season tickets or buy a jersey or a hat. He can go fuck himself.

rickjet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. Jay Bizniss

But its cool for law enforcement to fucking man handle and abuse black people when it is not warranted in the slightest? That's OK though right? You are telling me that they can't stand up for the wrong that is going on in this country?

boozer32, Harpua, Newyawka and 7 others like this.
  14. Unhappyjetsfan

I'm not interested in debating police procedure with you. You're not going to convince me to change my opinion, and I'm not interested in even trying to change your opinion. I'm not wasting me time on that particular exercise. The question is whether the owner of the team is making a wise and/or respectable decision to encourage the behavior. I would suggest is both unwise and not respectable.

MeanGreenMachine88 and 94Abraham like this.
  15. Jay Bizniss

I would suggest he has some fucking balls, and is allowing his employees to exercise their right to express how they feel about certain issues that are way bigger than a football game.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If protesting means staying in the locker room, I'm all for it. Just remember WHY these protests are happening. Beating and killing Black suspects is not some national pastime to be enjoyed by overzealous LEO's who may be just a bit racist. As long as Black suspects live long enough to get their day in court and get there in one piece, I think you'll see these protests start to dwindle.
    These players don't want or need the trouble. They don't have a problem with the Flag or with LEO's. They do have a problem with overwhelming force being used when its not necessary. They do have a problem with video after video showing how differently laws are enforced between different segments of the population.

Call me crazy, but I don't think a full fledged Police State is in anyone's interests.

17. forevercursed

He has no balls for encouraging this disgusting bullshit. Yea he'll pay the fine. He voted to pay the fine. But Jets fans will not let this team become the New York BLMs

94Abraham likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Perhaps you should ask the players how they feel? Or the media? Check Jamal Adams twitter. This is strictly your opinion to express, nothing wrong with that, but that's where it starts and ends IMO in terms of something being "unwise" or "not respectable" due to your "standards"

boozer32 and FlaJet like this.
  19. Jay Bizniss

Couldn't have said it better.

MoWilkBeast, K'OB and FlaJet like this.
  20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

These protests are not anti-law enforcement, they're pro (social) justice. Big difference.

One of the biggest issues is that people make assumptions and conclusions about the protests without understanding the actual purpose. If one disagrees with the protests, be sure to make an effort to understand the other side to fully understand the issue.

And they couldn't be more peaceful.

alleycat9, boozer32, Harpua and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.