Jets trade Hackenberg to Oakland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The veterans were pissing in the ear of DeMaurice Smith, and he listened. The veterans wanted to avoid having coaches interfere with their off-season and to avoid injuries during OTAs, training camp and practice, and they negotiated that, but at the expense of younger players who need to work with the coaching staff and to get live reps to develop. Given all these restrictions, is it any wonder that "project" QBs fail so often?

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Bowles as HC has two vet QBs have career years, had nothing to do with it. Has a young QB who's history was one promising year at PSU as an 18 year old followed by garbage, inaccuracy & indecision with a knack for being sacked, who just doesn't develop yet it's the HCs fault the kids just doesn't have it?

I think Macc took a chance that he could catch lighting in a bottle drafting Hack. He had shown promise as an 18 year old and figured it was worth the risk of a 2nd

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You forgot to mention the Jets glorious history with the month of December. Kryptonite, see how I laugh! December is freaking plutonium, thanks.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This thread is now longer than hacks stay here

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Problem with that is that you should pull those kind of moves in the 4th + rds.... not the 2nd.

FJF likes this.
  6. LF911SC

Problem is Hack wouldnt have been there in the 4th+ rounds. Sometimes you take that chance. Sometimes it pays offf, sometimes it doesnt.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Pat white, miami dolphins. came in garbage time a few games in his rookie season. threw a total of 5 passes 0 completions. Never threw another pass since then. He was a 2nd round pick in 2009. only played in the league 3 years (2009, 2010, 2013). for his career, he has 0 completed passes and never seen a meaningful snap

Brian Brohm, drafted in the 2nd orund by the packers in 2008. Never seen a snap in the 2008 season and then was waived by the packers. He never threw a pass for them. The bills picked him up. in 2009 and 2010 for the bills, he played in a total of 3 games (2 starts) and finished his career with 0TDs 5INTS

John Beck, drafted in the 2nd round by miami in 2007. Started 4 games his rookie season. Didn't take a snap in year 2 and then was released. spent 1 year on the ravens, no snaps and released. Picked up by the skins, his 1st year with them 0 snaps again. in year 2 for them, he started 3 games and was released after the season. The texans picked him up after that but he only was there 1 year and never took a snap

So as you see, it has happened before. sometimes players are just busts.. You don't let a bust drag down your other 50+ players. that's the best way to lose a locker room and bring issues to your team. Look what happened with the giants when they benched eli or geno

8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Devin smith was a worse pick I guarantee you his trade value was less then a conditional 7th.

Hack was a bad pick but at least I can deal with taking a swing at a QB and missing. Darron lee really wasn't much better of a pick in round 1, the worst pass coverage linebacker in the entire history of the NFL

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wow, for once I didn't feel like being a Jets fan was like rubbing sand-paper all over my face - for relief.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. FJF

See @boozer32 , I told you you weren’t the only one who does it

joe and boozer32 like this.
  11. stinkyB

How was he a worse pick.... because a kid with no prior injury history suffers 3 major injuries after being drafted?

FJF likes this.
  12. FJF

No, because stuff and shit.

themorey likes this.
  13. stinkyB

Well stuff and shit has really been pissing me off lately, (and getting in the way of my plans to go fishing today) so I can see that....

FJF likes this.
  14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be in the Raiders interest to just put him out there for one play if this was the case? Are there rules against that?

15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

No because he has the frame of a skeleton, he is the weakest player I have ever seen, makes Robby Anderson look like the hulk

16. LF911SC

My God, another Devon Smith was the worst pick ever because he has been injured and seen his career ended not because of a lack of talent but those injuries. Unless you have or believe in a magic formula that predicts injuries those of you who quote this nonsense really do need to stop.

And to actually type that D Lee is almost as bad as Hack or that Lee is the worst coverage LB in the history of the NFL really should have caused you to hit the delete key instead of the post reply button

Walt White, K'OB and FJF like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHAHAH

Do you mean the Bad Dream of Last Fifty Years????

Hackenberg stunk it up at Penn State long before he arrived at the Jets..ask any PSU alumni

Once MM went all in on him and dumping a 2nd Round pick based on misinformation from OBrian and the Texans we and Hack were screwed

For goodness sake, Darnold knows he cant trust a sh*tty CS like the Jets to take him further and already has professional help in place...not so with Hack and hes paying for it

LMAO at least the NFL got it right finally..Hack was a 7th Rounder from the get go ..way over hyped at Round 2 (er..make that Conditional 7th..ugh)

Like I once posted ..Christian will have a great career in Supply Chain Management

18. LF911SC

Link?

19. stinkyB

Well, considering he's a 3 inches shorter and still heavier, you can continue to believe that false narrative

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  20. FJF

He’s missing a few

Walt White and LF911SC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.