I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

That's great intel, thank you.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont see any scenario were this team can go 10-6. even if teddy is 100% healthy and back to pre injury form. this team just lacks talent all over the roster. oline, linebacker, corner and we have among the weakest skill guys in the league, especially if legal trouble keeps anderson off the field.

if everything went 100% right, maybe 7-9 or 8-8.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So.

By all accounts Teddy was a full go today, participated 100% in all activities without restriction including 11 on 11’s and was moving around very well.

Heard on ESPN radio that teammates in the locker room were raving about how good he looked today. And is likely the reason (along with some stupid comments) why Hack was unceremoniously dumped.

I’m going to suggest that Teddy not being on the opening day roster for medical reasons may have been grossly exaggerated.

Happy for him. He’s a great dude and deserves it.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

They must've know that Tedy was looking pretty good going into OTA's. Sounds like the trade was in the works before the workout. Good news that, and the trade to put Hack behind them.

The Hack episode is over mercifully, except for people who want to rehash the episode with the ensuing media pieces on why Hack sucks the bird. Really fuck Hack at this point...C-Ya

stinkyB and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

No ceremony at your place? I feel bad now. You shoulda come over.

NY Jets68 and FJF like this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think using Teddy as a measuring stick for Darnold is going to be awesome to watch in pre season. If Teddy wins the job he needs to truly win it hands down and that will be excellent for Darnolds growth

Nesquik and FJF like this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Neither Teddy's showing today nor Hack's comments had anything to do with the trade to the Raiders. Trades take time, negotiations with the Raiders we're well under way before Teddy's showing today. The Hack comments are very likely an indication that he was aware of the trade talks.

Teddy ran a total of 9 plays in team drills today.
    He looked great and shocked teammates and coaches last year when he returned to practice with his ability to move. Let's see how the knee holds up. He had no issues with movement but the swelling after weeks of practice was the issue.
    Teddy's a great kid and I would love to see him make a full recovery but it's too soon to pronounce his knee healthy. Unfortunatly he chose not to have surgery on the knee when it was first injured and that led to the catastrophic injury that he's still trying to recover from .

LF911SC likes this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Discuss whatever point you wish. Bottom line, for the first time that I can remember, I love our QB room. Can anyone argue that?

NYJetsO12, Nesquik, Harpua and 3 others like this.
  9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It's May still a long way away and things have to play out but all things equal if Bridgewater is healthy I think he is the best qb in the room. Let preseason and camp play out but if he is healthy I think he gives us the best chance to win. We still have three months of things to play out. An injury can happen. Darnold can get over the rookie jitters and show that he is the best and so on. That being said I think Bridgewater will be our starter week 1. Come the end of October and the beginning of November I can see the Jets having a decision to make. Much like the one the Giants had to make with Eli and Warner in Eli's rookie year. It'd be a tough one but I think the Jets will sacrifice this year to be better next year and the years to come. We'll see. Many things can happen and change but barring injuries I beleive this is how it will play out.

NCJetsfan and sec314 like this.
  10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm glad Bridgewater looked good in shorts and a practice jersey.

I hope he continues to look good in practice and that the media hypes him up day after day.

Once some other teams starter goes down, Maccagnan will be waiting to get his 2019 2nd round pick back.

TonyFtLaud, Red Menace and LF911SC like this.
  11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'd love to get a 2nd round pick for him but I think at best a 3rd. Desparate teams might do that but I don't think a 2nd. Definitely could be wrong. Be nice to recoup that. Three months will tell.

NYJetsO12 and MurrellMartin like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't think any team is giving up more than a 5th for a guy that will have played what, maybe three preseason games after missing two years of meaningful football? And if your plan is to ride with Teddy til the trade deadline then hope a team gives up something more, I dunno that it's gonna pan out considering he's on a one year deal. You'd have to find a team that's willing to give him an extension/offer him a big deal based off a very small body of work in comparison to how much time he's missed.

I'm hoping he turns out to be great. If we can't trade him for a pick then the compensatory pick should be nice at least.

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Eagles got more than a third for Bradford and he had a much longer injury history and wasnt 25

MurrellMartin and Peebag like this.
  14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You never know what a team will give up when they're desperate and all it takes is one team.

That said, even a 3rd or 4th round pick would be a win for someone who is either going to be here one year or just one summer. He isn't going to be a Jet in 2019 unless his surgically repaired knee suddenly turned him into an elite QB from a mediocre/below average QB, and even then, this is Darnold's team sooner rather than later.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bridgewater is only 25 years old. Former 1st round pick, pro bowler.

we don't have to even use him as trade bait if he's healthy and good. if he takes the reigns and plays well this year, resign him and start him until he isn't good or healthy anymore. Darnold aint going anywhere

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Except he wasnt a mediocre/below average qb. He was a playoff/pro bowl QB by 23

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

No chance this happens. You don't take a guy at #3 and don't start him for a year plus. Ideally, Teddy will start up until the trade deadline and a team with a QB injury would trade for him for a first round pick.

LF911SC likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jay, you can do whatever you want with the new rookie scale. The 3rd overall pick used to mean he had to play but now? he's just another guy who has to earn his spot. It would be ideal if he didn't have to play for awhile as his footwork is a little shaky.

19. Jay Bizniss

If we were in Tenneeseee or Tampa or Kansas City, then yea I can see this. People will be tearing down the walls at Florham Park if they don't play Sam this year.

20. Jay Bizniss

Let me pose this question. Lets say Teddy balls out. I mean really balls out. Plays like a Top 10 QB this season. In the off season a team calls and offers a Top 5 draft pick for Sam Darnold. What do you do?