Jets trade Hackenberg to Oakland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Im just curious ,,,what else did the Jets have to give up for the Raiders to take Hackenberg ?

rohirrim665 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Nah. You trying to start a war with our allies up north by trashing the CFL? LOL Hack will be lucky to make an arena league team

#62 NCJetsfan, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, they needed him - this guy just retired.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Eh, when someone tells me something smells like shit I usually believe them and don’t ask to take a whiff for myself.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Define improvements.

But the Jets shouldn't have drafted him in the first place. So its Bowles fault Mac drafted a bad QB, and its Bowles fault he didn't trout out a player that clearly didn't deserve game reps?

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  7. Ralebird

He needs to perform to a certain level at makeup and costuming training camp.

8. Ralebird

Pride.

themorey, CBG and Cman68 like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If there still was an Arena League, it might do Hack some good to give it a shot.

10. His footwork got markedly better from year 1 to 2,he improved anticipatory throws & his overall accuracy.Not siggesting he was anything but terrible.

But when a second round pick cant even come in to take knees or the hand the ball off for teams well out of contention by December..thats just inexcuseable.The historical context of The matter among other 2nd round busts of all varieties speaks for itself.Its a bad look.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It could be that TB just forgot about Hack entirely. If Hack couldn't beat out Petty and Petty stunk up the joint, there was probably no point in Bowles' mind in even playing Hack. Now for that, you can fault Macc for first drafting him, then abandoning him to his fate and finally jettisoning him. Macc could have made sure Hack got at least ONE snap over the years but chose not to. That's not entirely on Bowles.

12. 101GangGreen101

I think he did get better too, but man he was truly at rock bottom and I don't think he was going to recover. Improvement IMO was very small. I was extremely disappointed by his preseason outing last year.

Its a bad look for the entire organization no doubt, but I don't blame Bowles for not trotting a crappy QB out there, he wasn't deserving of the opportunity. They gave him every shot to make something out of nothing. It was a shot in the dark to take Hack, but again I would've preferred Connor Cook in the later rounds, judging by how things went. At worst, maybe he could've been a backup.

Yankjetfan likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I am surprised they were even able to get a conditional 7th for a guy that has not seen a single snap. Apparently, keeping him buried at the bottom of the roster worked in the Jets' favor. Otherwise Macc would just release him like Petty.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Better to clear the roster spot now. Good luck to him in Oakland.

themorey likes this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Looking how far back Mac scouted Darnold, I think he did the same with Hackenberg while with the Texans.

Problem occurred when Mac got the promotion to the Jets and the transition period was rocky so he probably had to go off of dated scouting material rather than go with abysmal information the Bradway team provided him.

Obviously they did their due diligence and saw Hack in person, saw the big arm - the ability to make all NFL throws and combined with the early scouting history, they went with him earlier than projected.

I wish Christian the best of luck. He’s young yet and hopefully he can improve more so he has a chance to succeed with a team when he’s given a chance.

TonyFtLaud and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Christian, we hardly knew ye!

Since1969 likes this.
  17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Mac is the master at pissing away perfectly good high round picks. It's picks like this why we know he fucking sucks and should be fired.

Please tell me is Darron Lee much better? The answer is darron Lee wouldn't go any higher than the 5th round if the draft were to happen again. That means he also pissed away a perfectly good 1st rounder as well.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

Think its funny Bowles mentioned Canada before mentioning another team?

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/05/todd_bowles_defends_jets_coaches_after_christian_h.html

Cman68 likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

While i normally agree with you, this one i have to disagree. playing time is earned not given. Hack didn't earn it. You have 51 guys fighting for a job and giving it all and trying to win, You don't walk into the locker room and tell those grown men laying it all on the line you are going to start someone who hasn't earned it but he was a 2nd round pick and your season is over so we might as well let him on the field to throw a pass. this isn't pop warner where "everyone gets a chance to play" it's the NFL the highest level of football. Jobs are on the line every year. You don't just play people for the sake of playing them. They have to earn it, hack didn't do that it's on him

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I hated the pick and couldn’t believe we drafted him in the 2nd... I remember him turfing throws in shorts at the combine and saying to myself he was the most inaccurate QB I’ve seen in a long time at the combine.

The condition on the 7th round pick has to be if he makes the team or not.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.