Felony charges dismissed from Robby Anderson's rolling loud arrest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyFtLaud, May 16, 2018.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Can't understand these guys. Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, name your guy. I have this conversation with my dad all the time. These guys have all the talent in the damn world! You have an opportunity that other people would literally KILL for. You can play for 6-10 years and your whole family tree will be set for the rest of their lives. You are getting paid millions to throw, catch or kick a damn ball, and you can't stay out of trouble? Mannn if I had the talent to be in the NFL, I would stay home my whole career and then once I retire, buy all the drugs and shit I want. Makes zero sense to me, but what do I know.

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I'm not ashamed at all. Robby Anderson is no angel. Trouble seems to follow him around, and his use of the English language on Twitter does him no favors in the court of public opinion. Should he get another felony charge anytime soon during his rookie contract I guarantee you the Jets will have had enough and release him.

PennyRoyal10, FJF and Jay Bizniss like this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Agreed, but it's far more complex than that. A good deal of it has to do with growing up without a stable family structure in place. Most of the players who wind up flushing their careers down the toilet had no secure familial foundation, including food insecurity. So you throw a pile of money at someone who has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old and unleash them in a candy store. They'll wreck the place and blow their cash cow at the same time (see strip clubs, nightclubs, illegal weapons, repeated arrests, domestic violence, and self-damning stupidity on social media).

What I think the NFL should do is make counseling mandatory for at risk players. Not that I trust the NFL over anything mind you, but at this point, I'd consider Robby Anderson an at risk player. I'm not convinced he has the decision making ability to save himself from himself. People live through horrendous things and once in a while miraculously don't wind up sabotaging themselves (see Curtis Martin). I'm not feeling that on Robby Anderson. Even though Anderson's arresting officer has a dirty shitty track record, Robby, stay the F home, throw your phone out the window, and read a book. I suggest Theodore Drieser's 'An American Tragedy'.

4. Jay Bizniss

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Florida certainly has its share of hell raisers.. Must be all that humidity.. :)

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Better be careful. If he gets free, he may screw your wife in the eye socket or wherever it was that he supposedly threatened to screw the policeman's wife.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  7. Jay Bizniss

I couldn't believe he said that when I read it. The balls on that kid.

8. Jay Bizniss

Oh, and single dad here. :)

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Humidity? I heard of spice and flacka , can't keep up with the new synthetic drugs on the market.... :)

stinkyB, FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

More so that it's the end of the east coast and all of the slime from all over the country seems to slither itself down here. I have lived here since '78 and the insanity that takes place down here, especially S Florida, on a daily basis is mind-blowing. RA fits in perfectly...

stinkyB, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I want to see Robbie catch a bomb from Sam and in the end zone at MetLife stadium!!!

Ah..er..isn't that where a NJ State Trooper hangs out.???.imagine THAT collision

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yup, freakiest state in the nation. Everyday I read a headline and think wtf? Then read the article,find out it’s in Florida and think, yup,that’s about right.

14. jetophile

Virginia is for lovers. Florida is for freaks. Rats. I couldn't get the gif to work. Oh, well. I'll try another time. Oh, frig it, a link will have to do. http://www.gifbin.com/bin/florida.webm
    [​IMG]

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It would have take a RIDICULOUS $$$ job offer for me to ever live in SFL again.....

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Where was Leonard Williams when we needed him???

17. jetophile

Well done, Sir. Not a lot of you around. Thanks for being a stand up human being. I couldn't tell you what a friend of my old man's went through years ago, but I'll try. It's a doozy. He fought and fought and fought for his kid and the family court judge kept denying him. His ex-wife was a drug addict and a drunk and he repeatedly kept arguing she was an unfit mother and his child was in a dangerous situation. Nope. Couldn't get the kid, and the judge clearly didn't like him, who knows why. He proved he could support him on his own, but no, just keep paying alimony and child support instead. What?

There are so many men that are deadbeats who scurry away like roaches, and here was this guy spending every penny he had (and he didn't have many pennies) not only trying to be a responsible father, but fighting for sole custody. He even hired a PI that he could barely afford to show she was neglectful. It was insane. What finally got it done was when a neighbor miraculously saw his son walking down the road in the pitch black with a blanket towards his father's house. Cars were zooming by, and she spotted him because of the headlights. She ran outside in a panic, grabbed him, and called the police. Turns out lovely ex-wife was passed out cold on the front porch, the poor kid couldn't wake her up, and he started walking because he was hungry. The cops couldn't even rouse her when they tried to arrest her, and she wound up in the ER. Yep, positive for everything under the sun, handcuffed to a bed, and was charged with child endangerment when she was semi-coherent.

The officer who first responded to the scene was a real bro and testified on my old man's friend's behalf (not all cops are bad). The judge had no choice but to award him full custody this time around. That kid felt so validated because his father fought so hard for him and wanted him and loved him that much. He truly understood the full impact of it as he got older. The friend re-married about five years later, and she loved that boy like her own. He never bad-mouthed his ex-wife, he was just factually truthful and left it up to his son whether or not he wanted contact with her. He's in his 30s now and very rarely speaks to her. Sometimes there really is a happy ending. I'm a woman, but I'll be the first one to admit that the courts are heavily slanted towards the mother in custody cases. It's gotten better, but that shit needs to change. Much luck to you and your child.

And oh, yeah, stay out of trouble, Robby. Me and my tangents, what would I be without them? Coherent! Drums, cymbal.

#35 jetophile, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  18. Jay Bizniss

Wow what a great story. Mine is def more uneventful, but my son is my life. Have him 3 days a week every week since me and his mother split and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am fortunate my sons mother realizes how big a part I am in his life and doesn't come after me for certain things because I make sure everything is taken care of. It is still hard as fuck, but I realize how lucky I am compared to some others. Taking it day by day.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hey, nobody said life is easy. We all have struggles to deal with that make us stronger over time.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  20. Jay Bizniss

No doubt.

21. jetophile

I'm so glad for you that it's not ugly. Man, the horrid things people do to each other at the emotional expense of their children when things go south, including using their children as weapons against each other. Yuck. That's great that your ex is doing the right thing. Well, you both are. I never believed in parents bad-mouthing each other to their children after a relationship or a marriage is dissolved, especially when the bad-mouthing is for petty reasons. Let them make up their own minds about it when they're older, and stay out of it. If it was neglect, physical, serious verbal or sexual abuse, factual is usually the best course so they absorb it as best they can. Children are incredibly resilient in the right situation. I'm sure it will be hard for a long time, but keep at it. It will get better, and your son will love you just for sticking around.

One word of advice: get everything spelled out in Court (which you obviously did, but I'm taking it further). To the letter. Very close friends of ours were married for over 20 years (married young), extremely amicable divorce, no-one fought over anything, not even split exactly down the middle, you take this, I'll take that, easy peasy in mediation, they are very good friends to this day. Well, as it turns out, the male side of the equation wound up finding the true love his life, an attorney who retired due to a debilitating physical disability. "You never got custody and visitation ironed out on paper in Court? For real?! Are you nuts?! I don't care how much I like her or how nice she is, you never know when someone might turn. Don't be an idiot. Verbal agreement isn't good enough." They did it, which his ex-wife was completely amenable to doing. I get the girls here, here, and here, they stay with you here, here, and here, Holidays here, here and here, terms of dual custody here, here, and here, visitation here, here, and here, days of the week, every other weekend, here, here and here. A really stupid thing came up years later and he goes, "You still have what you signed? I have mine. I'll send you copy." Still 100% extremely amicable, but protect yourself.

I hope Robby Anderson can protect himself from speeding again.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  22. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Anyone else get the sense that jetophile has turned to Adderall about her Jets problem?

:D

FJF likes this.