Don't Know How To Take This

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 18, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks. We drafted Darnold knowing he wouldn’t make the offense good enough to even score. And I was so excited too...

FJF likes this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Darnold has the stronger arm though. Romo didn't have a big arm, had enough for sure. Read that Darnold has a stronger arm than 85% on NFL QBs

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

If Darnold truly is like Romo, then we're screwed. Homo was ultimately a loser. A guy that was never able to close the deal. So that means he is not a QB anyone wants because he doesn't win SB's. He never even gets you there. i don't want the guy that wins a lot of games during the regular season then shits the bed in the playoffs.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

But does he have to be a homo and still not shit the bed? That's asking for a lot

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  5. LF911SC

Yeah because it was all Romos fault. Marino sucked. Fouts sucked too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darnold will be like Romo stylistically but that says nothing about results. You compare results when he makes a resume, not before it

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I guess you think he's a running back or wide receiver. See he might not play at all this year with the Jets great tutoring program. But I'm glad you were excited for a minute Mo lol.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Trent Dilfer won a SB ring. So yea. By your standards.... Trent Dilfer was "BETTER THAN" Tony Romo. And Robert Horry is one of the greatest NBA players of All-Time too, right?

Laughable.

LF911SC likes this.
  9. LF911SC

It's amazing. A QB like Marino who was so great he carried teams with no running game, no defense and really nothing great at WR to 10-12 wins a year gets no credit because his teams ultimately fell to other teams that were so much better than what he was playing for? Football is The ultimate team game until it's time to kill a QB.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Romo comp has been used before prior to Witten.

Basically, it stems from Darnold's improvisation ability being very high -- very much in alignment with Romo's. Romo was a very cerebral QB as well (despite some of the playoff SNAFUs) - so it's a fair and flattering comp, in my opinion.

Walt White likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Jets81 was saying that it isn't a team game. If Darnold is remembered as a "champion" it will be because the Jets won their division numerous times and probably won at least a couple of SBs. He wouldn't be remembered as a "champion" because he had great stats. Being a "champion" means that the player or team won it all.

Jets81 likes this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good point.

On the other hand I don't get the Eli personality comparisons. Sam looks way ahead of Eli's yokel persona and seems pretty sophisticated and cool, and has a sense of humor too.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The California Cool demeanor comes off as vanilla (I even said he has the personality of cardboard in another thread) but if he can be California Cool in the playoffs (and hopefully a SB), he will be a legend here.