What Are The Expectations of the 2018 Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 20, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's right position by position ...a decline or improvement..one cancelling out the other lol

In the end, Bowles and his sh@t Coaching is good for at least 4 losses against mediocre Teams..we win 3-6 games at best imo

SOJS

That said...I think Sam and a couple of other rookies will be the hardest workers at Toddys Playland..whoopee!!!

Mainejet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Say what?

FJF likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, when you say it like that, it changes expectations. Then the season again becomes about progress and not wins and losses. In a league where teams can go from the bottom to the top and the top to the bottom in one year, it is disappointing the Jets could be at the bottom for a third straight year. That is how messed up their roster was after 2015 though. That is life. I don't blame Mac as much as others do, but patience is tough in this league. I think it is fair (especially with a rookie QB) to be looking to 2019 too, but you still have to play the 2018 season. Hopefully the Jets are competitive. I made this thread because I was wondering what most fans' expectations were, including my own, and 2 months later I am even more unsure! :D

Jay Bizniss and FJF like this.
  4. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

This is where I’m at as well. I think the gap between us and the P*ts is more substantial than you do, but I’m with you on feeling better about where we’re at and trending compared to the Fins/Bills than I did last year.

I see definite improvements at C, and possibly the whole O-line as a result, CB, which improved our depth by bumping everyone down a spot. There’s also a lot of potential improvements in WR, DE, RB. Plus I’m hopeful for improvements from our second year safeties and WR’s, Darron Lee, Robbie, Leo, Shell, Jenkins. I don’t think ASJ’s production last year will be too hard to replace and I think Avery Williamson will be a wash at worst with what Davis did last year.

At least on paper, I don’t see where we got much worse but there’s a few areas where we should, and several more where we could, be a good bit better than last year.

5-11 if there’s injuries and/or unexpected regression from key contributors to 9-7 and a wildcard if things break just right.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Have to ask, can you name at least 4 games they lost to mediocre teams due to Todds coaching mistakes a year ago?

And are you forgetting the Jets were a mediocre team a year ago? Maybe. Other than the Browns, a weaker roster than every opponent last season.

The Dark Knight, Walt White and FJF like this.
  6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

My dad with a vote of confidence for Sam.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Dark Knight

Yeah, hard to put all the blame on Bowles for some of those close losses, but coaches are still judged on W's and L's and he is 10-22 the last 2 seasons, despite the weak roster he was given. As many have said, just need to hope the team continues to improve in 2018.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

SUPERBOWL!

Seriously, I expect a SB appearance every year for the Jets, but realistically, 8 and 8, give or take a win. Also, improvement in young players and especially Darnold, who should play at least a half of a season.

Walt White likes this.
  9. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Really? I get the hype of having a new QB, but he is only a prospect and your expectations for him are way too high.

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

My expectations of Sam Darnold are right where they need to be. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your team the Buffalo Bills. What's your expectations with Allen?

11. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

A bills fan????? Not even close buddy, I'm a Pats fan, and my expectation is for my team to be in position to compete for a championship every year.

12. The Dark Knight

An expectation that is about to expire shortly...............

13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Patriots to go right back in the AFC East cellar where they belong. Enjoy these next few years bud, its all coming to an end.

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Why are you even giving some Bills troll posing as a Pats fan the time of day?

playtowinthegame likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Get ready for the roller coaster ride of your life. The BB/TB run is about to come to a screeching hault. Things are changing in Pats land.

16. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Sadly, as a Jet fan, I've been hearing other Jet fans say this for 5+ years now......

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Great post. Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No real expectations this year. Rookie QB who most agree needs some time to be NFL ready. the Offensive line is still iffy, the receiving corps is decent but not great. Same with the running game.
    Defense will shore up the team and keep them in games, young and dynamic, but will struggle generating pressure.

Bowles is safe until 2020 season, teams in rebuild mode. This team could be anywhere from 1-15 to 8-8.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  20. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Maybe, but I've been hearing that every year since 2001, I'll take my owner and coaching staff to put out a better product than the Jets every year.