Jets claim LT Anthony Garcia off waivers from Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, May 14, 2018.

1. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

I had blood clots twice in my lungs all he. Weds is blood thinners he will be fine I can do everything I was doing. Blood thinners stop the clots from forming. He will be fine he could play for us this yr. he could very well be a huge steal for us

egelband, Walt White and K'OB like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If he is required to stay on blood thinners due to DVT, his career is likely over. I doubt any team would give him medical clearance to play while on blood thinners.

LF911SC likes this.
  3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Whiskey thins the blood. Let him chug away pre-game.

Just get someone else to drive him home (not Dylan Donahue)

stinkyB, themorey, LF911SC and 2 others like this.
  4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Look up Asa Hartford.

Briefly, he was about to make a big transfer from a small team to a then big club, he failed a medical due to them finding a hole in his heart. This was 1971, he retired from football 20 years later in 1991, he got his big move in 1974 so his condition didn't stop him playing professional sport.

Not all things are that black and white.

egelband, KurtTheJetsFan and LF911SC like this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The Mike Macagnan method of building the offensive line--never EVER draft a decent OL. Always rely on other team's throw aways. Explains why the jets had the NFL's 3rd worst OL in 2017-yet the only change for 2018 was to sign a couple of backup centers and draft zero OL. Mac is as stubborn on the OL as toilet bowl is on his defensive coordinator and neither is good news for the perennial 5-11 jets.

KurtTheJetsFan and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tom I cannot argue with this

tomdeb likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well we will see. Good job.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm glad that things worked out for you. It doesn't happen often for Jets fans, so enjoy it while you can!! All of us deserve to have stuff like that happen after all the embarrassment and suffering we've been through.

egelband likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Who would've you drafted / signed this offseason?

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Anthony Garcia Analysis

STRENGTHS
    Outstanding athleticism. Very good lateral quickness coming out of stance. Former high school hooper who still has basketball feet. Able to mirror pass rushers before and after engagement. Rarely beaten cleanly around edge by speed. Continues to slide feet and maintain engagement up and around pass arc. Works to keep his blocks centered in his power zone. Easily redirects back inside to chase an inside challenge. Has loose hips and quick feet providing recovery ability. Plays with his length. Fluid in space and can get to challenging angles. Keeps battling to anchor if he gets bumped early. Finds ways to get his man blocked.

WEAKNESSES
    Blood clots.

Cannot take repeated hits in a contact sport.
    Once internal bleeding sets in (resulting from blood thinners), turns purple and ends up looking like Barney vs. Charles Barkley on "SNL" (anyone remember that skit?).

[​IMG]

hope I'm wrong about this but how does a guy whose "blood viscosity" drops big-time (blood thinners) able to internally 'hold his water' while getting pounded non-stop?

#51 joe, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    egelband, MoWilkBeast, FJF and 2 others like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Your post was directed at someone else but I would've drafted Geron Christian in round 3 instead of the D2 guy. Nothing against the D2 guy, I think he could work out, but Christian is a swing tackle, a coveted position even for teams that have good starters (we dont') and he has the long arms offensive lineman dream of.

In the short term he would've been depth at both tackle positions but in the long term I think he's gonna end up being a decent starter in this league

tomdeb likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If he's on blood thinners, he isn't playing.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yup. He scrapes his elbow against a helmet and a simple everyday football "ding" becomes a medical emergency on the field

15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Think it's going to depends on the blood thinners he's on, if any. Also if he's able to come off them before games.

16. NCJetsfan

Is he still on blood thinners? Are the clots a chronic condition or a one-time thing?

egelband likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Don't know .and Rashard Robinson's the only Jet I know with a chronic condition.

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

OK, thanks!

19. They dont claim this guy if there isnt a medical plan in place.Highly doubt the blood clots in the lungs are chronic.They typically start in the legs & work their way up to the lungs. Theres gotta be a treatment plan already in place or this guy would have retired long ago and/or teams would stop pursuing him

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If I had been GM of the jets 2015-2018, I would have drafted MORE than two OL TOTAL in 4 years (and both in round FIVE). A team plays FIVE OL at a time, more than any other position. MacCagnan is on record as stating he believes that an OL can be built with mid round draft choices and free agents. I have never heard of another NFL GM that had 4 consecutive drafts and chose only 2 OL and both in round 5. Last year the jets had the NFL's 30th ranked OL. I do not think the 2 backup centers he signed will change it much. Look at 2006 when the jets drafted Ferg and Mangold in round 1--you have to INVEST in an OL once in a while, not rely on castoffs like Tony Garcia. If you think he is doing a good job building an OL for this team, then we will have to disagree--I obviously don't AT ALL. Feel free to respond if you want--you can have the last word.

egelband likes this.