Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LMAO..... shakes head in disgust.... :confused:

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Jacob gets out of the inning but throws close to 50 pitches in the 1st which means he’s not long for this game.

Yep has day is done!

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Not going to care even slightly about Harvey going forward - whatever happens, he was never going to do anything for the Mets ever again. It was physical, it was mental, it was everything.

As to this game, how often does someone throw 45 pitches in an inning and give up no runs? I don't see Gsellman being so "successful."

stinkyB likes this.
  4. NYGalPal

Just as I said out loud sarcastically Familia in a non save situation I wonder how that’s gonna turn out Santana hits a home run. Don’t get why use him in the 8th even though there wasn’t a game yesterday or tomorrow.

5. statjeff22

God, this team is a joke.

6. statjeff22

In answer to my own question, apparently deGrom was the first major leaguer ever to throw 45 pitches in one complete inning and give up no runs. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

7. statjeff22

Syndergaard continues to be meh, needing more than 100 pitches to get through five innings. At least he contributed two RBI. We'll see if the bullpen can protect a four-run lead.

Update: make that a seven-run lead, as the Mets score three more before the reliever comes in.

#8127 statjeff22, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  8. statjeff22

Another pathetic performance for Wheeler. Mets last won two games in a row on April 13, and I doubt that will change today.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. NYGalPal

Blow out game bottom of the 9th and they were working on the field? I mean come on.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

working on the field?

11. NYGalPal

It’s the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs (12-1game) and the umpire crew decide to get the ground crew out to work on the field we their drying agents and squeegee brooms. It was really silly.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The only way the Mets will be good again is if the Wilpon's get an ambassador position in another country and they hire a real GM. The Mets had a window and it closed quickly. The starters are overrated. The bullpen is a joke and their fielders are old and inujury prone. They have no young franchise players and the ones that are supposed to be they flame out. Going to be awhile before we are relevant again. They need to trade pieces so we can get prospects. Only way we'll be relevant again. Baseball is a young man's sport. Mets should do what the Marlins are doing and what the Astros did. Get rid of anyone they can get young prospects for. Build the farm system then compete. Not fun being a Met fan. Always seems to be like this.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Just saw this and I had to share it. The Mets are awful. The return seems fair. I'm not a scout or gm so I don't know but if it's fair who cares it's the Yankees. They have 26 champs. Would a 27 affect us? No. Plus we are going no where and have nothing for the future. Lets do what the Yanks did two years ago. Rebuild on the fly. Get the best return for Syndagard and Degrom and if it's from the Yanks do it. Everyone on this team should be available. Bring up Dom Smith see what he can do. If he doesn't show bring up that kid Alonzo in August or September. Lets do what the Yankees, Astros, Braves etc did. Maybe we get lucky and the rebuild won't take that long if we can trade our assessts and get MLB prospects in return. My only fear is I don't trust Alderson to do it right.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2018/05/mlb_trade_rumors_yankees_mets_degrom_syndergaard.html

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Mets should trade anyone that is worth anything for prospects. Problem is only Noah & Degrom would bring a nice haul back. It’s gonna be a long rebuild.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yanks actually have 27 world championships

16. statjeff22

What the hell is Callaway doing? It's blindingly obvious that deGrom is on fumes, and he doesn't take him out.

Edit: okay, it worked out, but I still don't like it.

NYGalPal likes this.
  17. statjeff22

Oh, and regarding the earlier posts, there is zero chance that the Mets are trading deGrom or Syndergaard to the Yankees. It would be absurdly bad business to do that. I can't imagine where the bizarre notion has come that the only team that would give up assets for them is the Yankees. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but if they do decide to trade them, the Yankees, Nats, Phillies, and Braves are precisely the teams that they won't be going to.

NYGalPal likes this.
  18. statjeff22

Lagares likely out for the season with a complete tear in his big toe plantar plate. This team is clearly cursed.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Two in a row! It was a realistic possibility we may not have seen that the rest of the season.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Sucks about Lagares, nothing better than watching him play D. But Nimms getting his chance and coming thru...nice little player

Time for Noah to dominate a game.