What Are The Expectations of the 2018 Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Mar 20, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Champ Is that You??

playtowinthegame likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The first time I ever saw that guy was at Hofstra a couple of days after the Jets traded for Favre. He was posing out for people taking pictures of him and making sound effects.

I wanted to tell him that he wasn't at a comic book convention, but I had used up all my dick points making fun of Dan Leberfeld earlier.

3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Lol, when I read champs post I somehow picture that guy. :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

5 or 6 wins

One too many for top 5 pick

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

You all wish you were half the fan Captain Jet is. Literally half, that's a big dude.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Guys Captain Jet goes back to the Shea days. Though when Ed had his tantrum retirement he sort of rose to more prominence and was the go to Jets fan that CBS liked to show

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The Mara's most definitely did and have many times. They for the most part have been clown owners albeit lucky

8. NYJetsO12

When? No one working for them went 3-4 seasons without making the playoffs as far as I know

9. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with Mac and the draft? He never has this year in mind?? 3 out of 4 drafts now he's drafted players that do not help the Jets win games their rookie seasons. I don't see this draft being any different? 2017 was the only draft I see where the players hit the ground running. Adams and Maye were contributors day one. Sure, Williams is a decent player, but he never created many flash plays as a rookie. 2016 was clearly the best example of the GM not caring about the season immediately following the draft. Lee, to this day, is a disappointing player. Now I'm convinced this draft is exactly the same. I don't blame Mac for taking Darnold and knowing he's going to have to sit. But the Shepard pick SHOULD have been a player that would immediately help with winning games. I don't see a single player Mac chose that's going to fit that mold.
    This is why the Jets are going 5-11 every year.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lol, this post makes me regret voting early.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

whoa.... o_O

Was that for real?!?!

12. Mainejet

I really feel obligated to conpliment this post. So full of common sense observations and very analytical thought. Mac doesn't even take immediate contributions in to account . When you think about it that way, it's truly no wonder why this team is going to be 5-11 yet again.

13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

my expectations are a competitive 6-10, like last year, with Darnold getting the nod around week 5

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you are relying on the same years draft for the missing piece of a successful season you are going to be disappointed a lot.
    The draft is for adding talent. Free agency is where you fill holes and improve ,or at least try to improve, the short term outlook. Doing it the other way is how you end up with lots of busts and short windows for success followed by cap hell, see Tannebaum,Michael

stinkyB likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Expectations for 2018? The only thing i expect is for our coaching staff to develop Sam Darnold. I expect to see Darnold on the field at some point come his rookie season. Wins and loses? Not expecting much,.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Tanny was a short term thinking GM for sure, but if Favre doesn't get hurt in '08 or Sanchez is an average QB in '09 and '10, the Jets may have won a Lombardy Trophy in that 3 year period.

17. Spot on.The draft is about the long term..short term retirm should be under consideration but plug n plays are not the answer.

I was really disappointed w the prioritizing of the DL on draft day. It was a small step back in my estimation.For the role DL play in the 3-4 scheme esp w Leo already in the fold it made sense to bring in affordable modest veterans who hold up at the point of attack..Jonathan Hankins made a ton of sense. For the jets not to get that deal done w the hole they created themselves & in the face of all the cap space seems to be shooting one self in the foot. It wreaks of panic as well as trying to save face from utterly destroying the team’s best strength.

To try & sell to the fan base that these guys will help the pass rush in any fashion is a joke.Im worried that they can even properly stack/shed at the point of attack & its brainless to even put rookies in that position.The best we can hope for is slightly more energy from the front 3 & slightly better run Defense. So aside from bringing in Darnold the 2 main take aways for improvements from 17-18 Bowles wanted to implement were running the ball more & better 3-4DL.All for a team that has been 3rd down/big play/passing game challenged since even before Ray Rhodes 2.0’s arrival

The draft shouldve been all about surrounding Darnold w help.Up front & at the skills. Why is it ok for the OL to be below average for at least 3 years but the instant the DL depth chart self destructs it’s all hands on deck?Could it be that whole defensive head coach thing again??Well the sane thing happened the year prior w drafting safeties once Pryor/Gilchrist shit the bed.See a pattern of trying to save face developing here?

18. Mainejet

Oh, so is this your reasoning for why Mac is the most amazing and awesome GM in the history of sports??

What a crock of shit. With the list of lame excuses you're willing to make,Mac could go 5-11 for the next decade and you'd still think he's the best thing since sliced bread?

This stiff has been here for 4 years now and this roster not only sucks, but he only selects players that can possibly help 2 to 3 years down the road. I'm tired of this idiot and his constant projects. With ANY other team the owner would have shit canned his pathetic loser ass.

19. NYJetsO12

Bowles Bowles Bowles...what power does he wield over MM?? He wants his Defense at least average so he get future employment as a DC..pretty obvious to me

I say can Toilet B now and move on with an experience offensive Coach...if no takers go find one from the College ranks..adding Sam D and stocking the DL and not OL (other than UNdrafted Free Agents) makes absolutely no sense..but then again WHAT has these past 3 years?..... Mac is on thin ice too imo

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Mainejet

Well then you should be very happy the Jets will be 5-11 a third straight year? Why are you complaining?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.