The Official 2017-18 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 13, 2017.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks! Really loved hearing the players in the locker room after. They have their minds in the right place this year. Holtby has been a great leader. He talked about this being nice, but only half way to their goal. I remember I was so furious when they started Grubauer the first 2 games against Columbus, but who knows? Maybe it sparked Holtby even more.

Now time for Tampa Bay. Should be a fun series for most fans to watch. The Bolts are like the Caps of the last 2 years. Best team, added even more players for a Cup run at the deadline, and now they have their chance. This is a rare series for the Caps lately where they don't have home ice. Last time was 2015 vs. The Rangers.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

I wish the Caps luck but I'm rooting for the...

[​IMG]

joe and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

:D Can't blame ya!

5. The Dark Knight

Game 7 tonight! The Winnipeg Jets at the Nashville Predators. I truly consider the winner of this game to be the Stanley Cup favorite.

Capitals at Lightning start tomorrow. The Golden Knights await the Jets/Predators winner. Should be an exciting Final 4 no matter who wins tonight!

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Can’t really say the Jets over Preds is an upset. I’d deliberately lose games if I was on the verge of winning the President’s Trophy.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

Yeah, can't disagree with that. :D

Hats off to Nashville though. Nice run last year and this year. The Final 4 is pretty exciting for NHL fans who are not used to success. Winnipeg and Washington fans are going to be super excited. Vegas is crazy every home game they have and the most successful of the 4 is Tampa Bay. Won the Cup in 2004, went to the Finals a couple years ago, and the ECF in 2016. It will be an entertaining and fresh Conference Finals to watch!

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  8. matt robinson 17

How about benching Rinne in the 1st period after giving up 2 goals in game 7?

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I just saw Jets are in conference finals. Am I crazy to root for the Jets just because of their name? Where the heck is Winnipeg? Lol.

10. matt robinson 17

Siberia....Go Jets Go!

11. The Dark Knight

That was soul-crushing for the Preds. 2 SUPER SOFT goals by Rinne though. Unfortunate, since he is a top goalie in the league. I think I would have kept him in if I was Head Coach, but I also think it would not have mattered. The Jets were rolling. Actually the Caps-Pens and Jets-Preds series were similar. The Caps and Jets kept playing better, but it was as if people did not want to believe it until the series was over.
    Haha no, it is a smart move! They are possibly the best team in the NHL and better than our Jets right now! :D

12. matt robinson 17

South Korea's women's hockey team is better than the NY Jets

13. The Dark Knight

:D

Great win by the Capitals tonight. Pure domination the first 40 minutes. They seem to keep rallying around each other without Backstrom on the ice. Tampa Bay is a much better team than they played like tonight though. I expect them to fight back Game 2. Hopefully the Caps are up to the challenge.

JetBlue and matt robinson 17 like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

I'm not used to this. Another great Capitals win. 6-2 over Tampa Bay to take a 2-0 series lead back to Washington. Caps can't get too high though, as they know they lost the first 2 at home against Columbus and were able to come back to win the series. Need to keep the foot on the gas for Game 3!

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Rangers should sign Cammi Granato. Total upgrade.

16. matt robinson 17

Caps kicking butt, good for you, TDK

17. The Dark Knight

18. The Dark Knight

I guess I can't go to Caps playoff home games anymore, as I am now (0-3) this year. Game 1 vs. Columbus, Game 1 vs. Pittsburgh and Game 3 (technically Game 1 at home) vs. Tampa Bay. On the bright side, the Caps won their first 2 series after losing their first home game, so hope that trend continues here. Amazing Stat: Games I attend the Caps are (0-3), games I don't attend they are (10-2).

As for the actual game, the Caps just seemed off. Holtby too. Give credit to the Lightning, especially their Power Play, which is lethal. The Capitals must play much more disciplined if they want to take a 3-1 series lead on Thursday. Tampa Bay is too good to allow back in the series.

Can't wait to see the Las Vegas fans tomorrow night too, as the Jets-Golden Knights series shifts to Vegas. (Series tied 1-1)

19. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Backstrom has gotta come back for Game 4. If Tampa makes it 2-2, good luck. May go to Game 7 if it gets that far.

20. The Dark Knight

One game at a time! And Backstrom is not why they lost last night. They just didn't play well top to bottom. They were 3-0 without him until then. I say let him rest until he is as close to 100% as possible. Game 4 is huge though, I agree. These are 2 great teams. It is the Eastern Conference Finals.