The end of Francesa

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That's odd. I thought at first you were an Islanders fan when you said that, but you are a Rangers fan. I find DiPietro to be one of the worst analysts on the radio, period.

When he talks hockey he usually hits the nail on the head, but listening to him talk about football, basketball and baseball makes me want to throw my radio out the window. He just appeals to drama constantly, instead of analyzing the game. I get that most radio personalities are like that, but I don't see what's so special about Rick.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He's entertaining, just an interesting all around guy who's lived about 5 lifetimes already. He plays the Rangers talk straight, I haven't heard any bias from him

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Mike can be entertaining at times. I feel that he's only an ass whenever someone asks him a stupid question such as Why Austin Romine isn't the starting catcher for the Yankees. His rant on the Giants benching Eli was priceless.

4. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Sports radio is borderline unlistenable but mike is better than most maybe the best period

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sam Hammer and jilozzo like this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

shit man those youtube clips are great.

CBG, Sam Hammer and xxedge72x like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The best part about Francesa falling asleep on the air was the aftermath. The prank calls that followed are then times better than him nodding off. "I don't want you to get narcolepsy." Jets fan, what else, hahahah. xxedge72x, you beat me. Oh, well. I'm old, slow, with a touch of tard.

#67 jetophile, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    CBG, Sam Hammer and xxedge72x like this.
  8. xxedge72x

Back afta dis.

[​IMG]

Antoni likes this.
  9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Love him or hate him, he gets the ratings. That's why the parent WFAN company brought him back. CMB lost to Michael Kay. If Francesa somehow loses to Michael Kay too he won't be getting a nice contract extension past 2020. I don't think that will happen. People love listening to the Sports Pope.

MeanGreenMachine88 likes this.
  10. xxedge72x

Ah yes, the kings of New Yawk.

[​IMG]

Antoni likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, I do like his hockey analysis.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

ESPN radio is run by a bunch of complete morons. What sort of retarded executive decides to cut out millions of listeners more than 45 minutes outside of NYC by dropping the AM frequency and going FM only

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Probably some dipshit suit at ESPN who didn't listen to his RF guys made the decision. I can catch 660 AM out in Northern MA sometimes depending on the weather and time of day.

Or they just assumed that most of the people outside of the signal range would use other means like the internet to access the station. Could have told them for free most old timers would not use Radio.com iPhone apps to listen to Michael Kay, they'd just tune into 660 instead.

#73 Antoni, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. jetophile

Chippendales, woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Im sure some of you guys have but thus far I have not listened to 1 show,,,,I look forward to not listening to many more.

matt robinson 17 and TommyJ like this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rotund bloat

CBG likes this.
  17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It's like he never left basically. Still ripping anything that ends in "ets" especially Da Mets. Only thing now is since he's on like 2 hours less per day there is less time for callers which is the best part of the show.

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Antoni , I know you are a fan of his , enjoy

Antoni likes this.
  19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

What the fuck man. They censored Funhouse aka BackAftaDis on Twitter. He had the best stuff on Twitter. Hey Entercom and WFAN I know you want to make a buck out of Mike's soon to be failure revolutionary app but no one is going to give a shit about it. The best stuff about Francesa are the many, many parody accounts and the unintentional comedy that it brings. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't listen to Professa Francesa for da hawd hitting analysis, I listen for the comedy. If they continue to mute these guys it hurts the show.

20. jetophile

Begging your pardon, kind Sir, but you are so wrong on the entertaining part. When Russo was with him he was far more listenable IMO for starters. That being said, he would get off on disconnecting anyone who disagreed with him, baited Jets fans religiously for ratings, and gave Parcells verbal handjobs - if that could somehow be a thing? - on the regular. I had a run in with him on the air years ago (as already mentioned further back in the thread), and it was his typical side-show nonsense. He even called me at work to try to get me to come on the air again after the way he treated me. For what else? Ratings. Yeah, I know that's a big part of the job, but I said no thanks, have a nice day, ya fat fukk. I never listened to him and Russo again, and later when he went solo. The only time I hear his nasty phlegmy ball gargling voice is by accident - or if I want to laugh at him about someone actually getting it in about what an insufferable self-important turd he is.

Before he treated me like garbage (because I'm a girl and a Jets fan), I would constantly hear him carrying on about his Almahhh Matahh, St. John's University. Meanwhile, this fukking idiot didn't even know about the Lacrosse gang rape allegations that involved his Almahhh Matahh. How is that even possible? Right now Francesa is just one of those unfortunate situations where the biggest buffoon in the room wins. What got me most of all was when Pennington was killing it (Colts game, hee- hee, still have the ticket stub). It's January, you figure NFL, playoffs, THE JETS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, WOOO! - but it's the Jets so he doesn't even mention it or open the lines about it. Guess what he talks about instead? BASEBALL. BASEBALL AND SPRING TRAINING. I swear to God, that's what he talked about. For over an hour. IN JANUARY. Fukk him. Personally? I'm a Steve Somers fan. I always really liked him, and he's very funny. The day after the Jets knocked the Cheats out of the playoffs was probably the most hilarious sports broadcasts that I ever listened to. I wish I could find an audio because it's that priceless.

Steve Somers. Rangers in seven! No matter how the season was going, what was happening, or what sport he was even talking about, Rangers in seven! Haha.

NYJetsO12 likes this.