Welcome to the Jets Sam Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GordonGecko, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

There are no names on the back of our jerseys, never have. Maybe you guys can just order a jersey with no name on the back! You can recycle and recycle!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. TrojanPride

We called him, "Sam the MAN"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The unveiling is may 17th and the rumor is a new third jersey, possibly a throwback to the 70s/80s style. I suspect this is a test for a full on refresh. Hopefully in kelly green. Either way i'm waiting to see that before i order a Darnold.

4. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

What’s bizarre and beyond the pale for any other sports team is just regular business for the browns. The jets are dysfunctional but Cleveland is a garbage fire

LF911SC likes this.
  5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

May 17th for what?

6. Jets_Grinch

A "uniform" announcement is being made at taste of the Jets on May 17th as per Darron Lee and Jamal Adams on twitter. Speculation is a new alternate uniform. Rumor/hope is a throwback to the 70s style. As i mentioned i am holding off on any Darnold purchases until i see what is announced as it leaves plenty of time til week one in Detroit.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I doubt a refresh is coming this year. I think teams would normally reveal their jersey before the draft if anything. It would be shitty if folks ran out and bought their new Darnold jersey today, only for them to reveal a redesign in a month.

LF911SC and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was thinking the same but the lack of current players' stitched versions is interesting....

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I couldn't possibly be happier about Sam Darnold!! My wife and I were at the Draft Party at Met Life and I kept telling her that night was going to be a franchise changing moment. Up until the moment the Giants draft pick was announced I thought our QB was going to be Josh Rosen. Once the pick was announced I knew we had FINALLY gotten our Franchise QB. The smile has not been removed from my face since Thursday night!!!

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It's because we aren't getting a uniform refresh. The main uniforms are remaining the same. People need to calm down just because Darron Lee said he accomplished something. He's all talk.

However, we are getting an alternate uniform, which you will hear more about after the Taste of the Jets.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yes, an alternate is what it will be, although we may not see it on the field until 2019. Much like Darnold.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Always wanted the team to have an official black jersey, those are really nice. The Eagles one gives a hint of how awesome ours could be.

Saw someone at the MetLife draft party walking around in a camo Revis jersey. That was pretty badass.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Leave it to the Jets to be late for Cinco de Mayo.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just listened to Mac on The Rich Eisen Show. Great interview. Not sure if there is a link to it or not. Hopefully someone can find it.

He basically said Darnold is going to get every chance to start THIS year. Similar to Hack and Petty last year. That puts fans like me in an interesting spot. I don't want to rush Sam, but I also want him to be good enough to beat out McCown, Teddy, Hack etc and I think he is.

15. Jets_Grinch

My best guess is it's the replacement for the color rush uniforms. Hopefully we see them for a couple games, much like i am hoping to see a couple with Sam near the end of the season pending development.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

The more I watch Darnold, the more I like him. And I don't think they should do anything to change his throwing motion...it works for him, and that's all that matters in the end.

I'm feeling better about not getting Rosen.

NYJetsO12 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The only thing I would look to improve is the way he drops his arm prior to the release at times ... sometimes its way too low before bringing it back up, could be an issue when it comes to pressure, but I think this can be solved by ensuring he has both hands on the ball. The release is fine, you just want to ensure he protects the football.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I often agree with you XX, but YUCH! Black is a "Raiders wannabe" color. It's green & white for better or worse. Personally, I favor orange, but orange and green would make me puke.

There was a study (actually several) on what color, if any, improved a team's performance, and red was that color.

xxedge72x likes this.
  19. TrojanPride

Are NFL teams really into alternate uniforms, and colors every season?

20. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Typically there is just the color rush for the last few years but a few teams do have what could be considered an alternate.

I think the Ravens and eagles have had black home alternates for a while. Similar to Stanford in your PAC 12

Jets fans have wanted a real alternate jersey for a while, so we are excited