So, how would you grade Jets draft?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

?

How would you grade the draft?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

There’s no way Darnold should play this year huh...Then what the fucking hell did we draft him for? Somethings gotta get the fans to fill that colossal tuna can at least halfway

I won’t go to that toilet anyway but sitting on Route 3 and going to watch deadinthewater and mcdrown could be used to torture ISIS

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. MeanGreenMachine88

So Mac took Sam and then purposely tanked the rest of the picks? How many more throwaway seasons do we have to deal with?

JetsNation06 and James Hasty like this.
  3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

What I hate about Darnold is how he played against good defenses,against texas, Dame, Wash state and ohio state he completed 58.9 per,1146 yds 5 tds and 5 ints. Great players rise above the best teams. Also the fumbles.....Mayfield is the qb. He dominated similar teams. Yet we now have to invested a least a year for this guy before we can see him play. What do we do if Bridgewater throws for 27 tds and 15 ints. . That might be Darnolds ceiling

4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Anyone saying that we shouldn't play Sam this year needs to concede that he wasn't worth our 3rd overall if he can't find his own successes without being pampered and protected by 5 all-pro o-linemen. This idea that players shouldn't see the field without being in the absolute best situation ever needs to die. Doubly so with Darnold who's biggest plus is that he has good pocket awareness and feel, as well as the mobility to escape and make plays on the run. If we drafted Rosen, maybe I could agree, but we drafted a guy who's game is modeled around being pressured. He's not a 3 step and fire guy, he's best when he can create to the point that he often times runs into pressure of his own accord.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is a fun “game”.... but nothing more.

Even I admit I cast a vote and proclaimed the “jets won the draft”!!!!!

Buy it means nothing.

We all have to wait and see!!!

Let’s go Jets!!!!

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yeah .... no.

Football is not tennis. It’s a team sport. Can not compare it like that. USC was clearly weaker than OK. So comparisons are fools gold.

7. jetsfellow

jetsfellow New Member

Loved the Darnold pick alot but as others here have stated, I would have liked to see an OL man or two picked in round three or four.
    If Darnold develops into a top tier QB, then this is an A+

jf

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

B for me

Getting a franchise QB makes it damn near an A. Biggest need, longest time... please God almighty allow this kid to meet and exceed the hype.

Loved the Nickerson pick. Hoping he develops into Skrine's replacement.

Liked the TE Herndon. TE will be featured in this offense and Herndon seems like a talent upgrade, albeit injury prone.

I'm not particularly fond of bringing in 3 DL while ignoring OL. That said, it is clear that DL is a priority and they want a replacement for Mo yesterday. All 3 guys are risky so hopefully at least one of them pan out. Do love Shepherd's story though; he will be easy to root for.

The B mostly is because of no OL. Ideally I would hope Darnold is far enough along to play this season, but simultaneously don't want him beat up behind a bad OL.

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

5 all-pro linemen? How about 5 pro linemen?

There's a line -- and it's not a fine one -- between being "pampered," as you say, and being put in a position to adjust to the pro game in a way that gives him the best chance to become a great player for 12-15 years. Isn't that what we want?

Would you send your rookie driver onto the track with a flat tire and tell him to "find his own successes"?

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

People keep saying this but what if Rosen was never an option on our book, sitting at 6 would not have got us Darnald.

You think the johnson's would like the trump hating Rosen in the building for starters.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

All this OL hate is tiring. So many of you are making our OL out to be the worst line in all of football. They are likely to be average to slightly above average in all reality.

Center was upgraded. Winters won't be playing hurt. Shell has more experience and hasnt played all that bad, Beachum and Carpenter have been consistent for us.

Shit is mad over blown by some of you.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Oh stop, Jesus. Our line isn't that bad, this kind of foulacy driven drivel is getting old fast.

Our line most certainly wasn't the fucking problem last year, did they contribute, yep, but they weren't getting ever QB that sat back there killed on every snap either.

Our line wasnt the worst line in the league, in the middle of the league statistically actually, and we've upgraded the line this offseason.

Could it stand to be upgraded further? Absolutely, but to act like our line is just complete trash is foolish.

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I'm the furthest thing from an expert, seriously. And you're right, I have probably overstated my case.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Too early.

If Darnold in fact grows into a good franchise QB, then this draft is A+ based solely upon picking that elusive FQB we all have been searching for decades. The rest are pretty much irrelevant - what the Jets already have is more than sufficient. [That includes deficient OL. Good QBs shield the deficiencies in the OL regularly.]

If Darnold falls on his face, this draft is less than F.

All depends on how Darnold performs. Keep your hopes up, folks.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Best draft the day after of my Jets life, now let’s hope it stays that way after 2-3years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. xxedge72x

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I'm kind of done grading drafts the day after. It seems as pointless as Mock Drafts. I am obviously happy we landed Darnold. I believe that he had the least concerning flaws/red flags of any QB in this draft. Does that mean he will be the best? Who knows?? But it's very hard to second guess the decision to draft him. What will be more important is how well the Jets develop him. First year is critical.

As far as the rest of the Jets draft, I have to admit none of these guys were players I'm familiar with. I'm happy to see Jets go after a TE. However; it's frustrating that we're spending a mid-round pick on a TE after doing it the year before! Would have liked to see more focus on O-Line but it's too much to expect all holes to be filled after one draft. Don't forget we are in a good position as far as the salary cap so we can continue address some needs through FA.

18. MeanGreenMachine88

Mayfield had three times the talent around him

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

Now call me crazy, but being ranked 30th out of a possible 32 doesn't exactly scream above average to me..

#59 Cman68, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  20. xxedge72x

Exactly.

Typically, elite OL + average positional > elite positional + average OL.