2018 Draft - Round 2/Round 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 27, 2018.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

He might be an Ok player but the combination of needing to help Darnold and said 3rd rounder coming from Fort Hays state and being 25...just doesn’t sit well with me.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Long snapper, mac will say technically he does play on the o line. A couple of safeties, another 3-4de and another wr that doesn’t return punts should round out the weekend

Cman68 likes this.
  3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Not a bad pick at all. He was in the top 50 on a lot of legit boards from what I'm seeing. Dude is a hard worker (opposite of Wilkerson) and should benefit by learning under a guy like Mclendon who is a decent pro. He should be good. At least we have some up and coming depth now in the middle.

blackssmagic and TurkJetFan like this.
  4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

How long until they start adding musical performances to the draft festivities?

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

This is the second worst pick outside of Hackenberg. TRASH. This team is retard strung up on BPA. I bet you if Barkley was there at #3 and Darnold went #2, we would have drafted Barkley.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Ok, I don't know anything about this kid. But, first impression, very good:

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. WayneG99

WayneG99 New Member

But he dominated at the Senior Bowl practice and workouts. Had to drop out of school for 2 years because in Canada they don't give out full scholarships. He couldn't afford school, so he worked for 2 years until he could afford to go back to school. From everything I've read, he's a legit day 2 pick. He impressed a ton of scouts and teams at the Senior Bowl week. He broke his hand during the second practice. He wowed scouts with his athleticism and strength.

#207 WayneG99, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Any guy who does 1000 pushups a day with an eye towards the NFL while working in a factory 12 hours a day is a guy that can only be a bonus to the locker room. By all accounts he's physically gifted and a natural talent for the game. Let's hope he pans out. Having another force on the DL along with Joseph would make the defense much better.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Can he run block? Play LT or LG? How is he in Pass pro?

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Ok, I'm not as angry about this pick as I was 5 minutes ago. Still don't like it.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Those are mostly "name" guys...though I'd take a shot at Key or Griffin to help with pass rush...

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Hard not to like this guy, watching that video and reading up on him

Brook! and xxedge72x like this.
  13. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Can he play Left Tackle?

Cman68 likes this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

His story alone tells you he's a relentless worker. That alone gives him a chance. Still have no idea what we're getting from a football standpoint.

15. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nathan-shepherd?id=32462018-0002-5598-92f8-36ce2fecd601
    and then listen to this
    https://player.fm/series/draft-daily-pod/nathan-shepherd-with-trevor-sikkema-of-the-pewter-report

Im ecstatic about this pick, 2nd Round Talent, this guy DOMINATED Senior Bowl practice, against Will Hernandez (NYG 2nd Round Pick) and Trent Cole
    Im usually not in favor of drafting older players but his story is unique and this guy is gonna be the best 3rd round pick we've had here in a while

Walt White likes this.
  16. WayneG99

WayneG99 New Member

Did you really expect the Jets to draft an O-lineman? As much of a need as it is, you haven't been paying attention to our GM's drafting habits. He doesn't believe in spending high draft picks on linemen. I don't remember who said it years ago when the Jets hired him, but it turned out to be true.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No it’s not. You take projects towards the end of the fifth into the last two rounds. You should still be finding starters/soon to be starters in the 3rd.

I like the player not the pick. Once again with signing the linebacker from Tennessee and this kid we’re building a defense emphasizing stopping the run before it emphasizes rushing the passer.

The idea I guess is that this type of player will make Leonard Williams thrive into more of a pass rushing force than he really was.

But meh. I really wanna trade our hopes of great defense for the 29th ranked defense in the league with an up and coming offense. I almost dont want Darnold playing at all behind this line.

18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm beginning to think there is a mandate from the owner to not draft edge rushers. How many regimes have come and gone and they all completely ignore the edge!! For YEARS... I think they're going out of their way to avoid them at this point.

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

It's too bad, because it is such a critical position. I don't know that you can fill it out with FAs and 7th rounders.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s not just him. Outside of Vlad Ducasse we’ve outright avoided offensive lineman since Brick and Mangold.