Welcome to the Jets Sam Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GordonGecko, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Just look at the way he floats the ball to receivers in stride before they’re even open. QB1 all the way.

Vida and Catfish Billy like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I thought that Sid Luckman was Jewish, but wasn't sure. I was pretty certain that Jay Fiedler was, but wanted to do some research before stating that he was. Am too busy reading the forum to research something like that, so glad you posted the answer.

3. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Darnold looks phenomenal if he strikes out it’ll be because our staff stinks

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't like this USC B.S.

What do Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez & Darnold have in common? Who were their head coaches? OC's? Teammates? Etc.

The only thing they have in common is that they went to the same school due to being California kids.

I mean. Miami has produced some great Safety's. Does that mean a future Hurricane Safety come 2030 will instantly become Reed or Taylor? Why? Because he plays for the "U"?

Or how many college QB's have been trash for North Dakota State? Does that mean Philly "shouldn't have drafted" Carson Wentz?

Such horseshit.

Mark Sanchez has NOTHING to do with Sam Darnold. Such a childish statement "OMG a USC QB" it's bush league.

Dom, Vida, Catfish Billy and 3 others like this.
  5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

We certainly could have done worse. Darnold has potential - lets hope he turns into the franchise QB we all hope he will be. Pre-season will be that much more interesting this year.

6. NCJetsfan

Thanks.

7. NCJetsfan

No, not necessarily. He has a part to play in that. He may not have what it takes mentally to make the necessary changes. He may not be able to change his throwing motion or make better decisions. The CS could say and do everything correctly and Darnold could still fail.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You have to leave some of these guys for us to beat on. Otherwise we take our frustration out on the regulars

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's funny, we discussed and debated these QB's for months, especially the last month and a half after the Jets traded up. We RARELY discussed Sam Darnold during that stretch because many of us assumed he would go #1 overall. If somehow he did not, surely the Giants would take him to replace Eli.

Instead, somehow he fell to the Jets. I also wanted Kirk Cousins really bad. If I had the choice between Cousins or Darnold, I would choose Darnold. I just did not think he was an option, especially at #6 overall at that time.

So overall, pretty exciting night for Jets fans and the Jets franchise. :)

Dom, K'OB, NY Jets68 and 8 others like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

One of the best things about drafting a qb is we won’t have to endure any sign Flacco threads next off season.

Hopefully

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Darnold has good tape but he definitely has mechanics to work on.

Specifically (and he even said this tonight in an NFLN interview) keeping two hands on the ball when in the pocket to cut down fumbles.

I’m curious when they decide to install him as the starter. The mediocre OL isn’t a deal breaker as Darnold can create outside the pocket.

I’m also wondering when they announce his number so my wife and I can get the damn jersey already.

Big Cat likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I was thinking the same. I didn’t do much video research on Darnold assuming he was gone #1 or #2.

Definitely going to view up this weekend.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We got Darnold, and I've got my new avatar. Welcome to the Jets Han Darnold!

K'OB, FJF and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

This is exciting, it's sinking in. Who thought Darnold was an option? Not me. So I sorta dismissed him.

I'm starting to think we scored here. Now if we get lucky with Tedy that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. :)

Looking forward to the rest of the draft and even future FA acquisitions.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Really liked Rosen too, and would certainly prefer him + the three second rounders to Darnold, but Darnold has more upside and pure talent than any QB prospect since Luck. No, he wasn't great last year, but the turnovers shouldn't be too much of a concern--Watson threw a ton of picks his senior year at Clemson too and that scared off a lot of teams, and that ended up not being an issue for him in the NFL. Matt Ryan had 22 turnovers his senior year at BC as well. And if the Jets get sophomore year Darnold, they're getting the best QB prospect in years--watch the tape of the Rose Bowl game against Penn State. He was spectacular.

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Some people here are complaining about the trade up, suggesting that maybe Darnold would have slipped to 6.

But how high would the price have been to move up to #1?

Because that's where people wanted to be to get the guy we got.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think he would have. Someone else would have traded up to 3 to get him. But we could have had Rosen at 6.

18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Love your Hans Darnold avatar. :D

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the crazy truth.

Also the crazy truth is that Macc has somehow put himself in position to let a top 3 drafted player fall to him each of the past 3 years, no matter his draft position.

I'm beginning to think this is no longer luck.

20. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Unless the jets people could predict the future or knew for certain what the other teams would do I can’t see what there is to complain about

These hindsight 20/20 people are the worst

HomeoftheJets likes this.