Browns are going to try and spook us by threatening to draft Mayfield

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Apr 20, 2018.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, although I think they will stay the course and take Darnold. For us, I think Rosen or Darnold will be the choice. We shall soon know. Allen is Dort of the wild card though.

2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

If Mayfield goes 1. I think the Giants take Darnold and we take Rosen. Maybe we are lucky to get Darnold but I won't believe it. Mayfield is my number 1. Darnold 2. USC qbs scare me and the turnovers but everything else I hear he has what a franchise qb has. Going to be a fun night. Thrilled it's finally here.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope the browns take Mayfield....sorry, I don't think his game translates to the NFL.

legler82, Franchize and FJF like this.
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If his game didn't translate to the NFL there wouldn't be so many teams taking him seriously as a top 5 pick, much less a first rounder or draftable player.

The amount of confirmation bias going around here is ridiculous.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I just dont understand why the Browns would need a smokescreen if they have the number 1 pick

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Because they want to create fear in a team that may really want Mayfield. They can get a lot more picks if they can trick a team like the Jets to trade up.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

It's a QB hungry league and guys wind up where they shouldn't in the draft or in the conversation. and there is ALWAYS a lot of hype smoke screens about certain QB's....
    Sorry, I've seen Mayfields game before, the odds of his game translating are slimmer than the other 3 top 4 QB's. He is the 4th best QB in this draft, but there are only two I put in the top tier, Rosen and Darnold.

Allan probably is ahead of Mayfield *they both have off field issues in the past) just due to the fact he has a huge ceiling, but he's also got a big bust factor....He could be the next Cam Newton or the next Jarmarcus Russell. Odds about even either way on that.

The history of short, marginally athletic, 'improvising' QB's in the NFL is littered with busts and only 1 or 2 successes.

FJF likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Because they know teams want Mayfield. If they can move back from 1, acquire a shit ton of picks, still get one of the top QBs at 4 then why the hell wouldn't you?

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The only thing is certain going into the draft is that there is no unified position as to the QB ranking. Darnold seems to consistently retain the most positives, because is a so called safe pick at 1-3. None the less the number one selection by the experts is swinging widely across Darnold, Baker and Allen. Rosen is not mentioned at 1 simply because of his apparent disdain for the Browns.
    Yet, while some anoint Allen and Mayfield as potential #1s, others drop them to mid first round, so what gives?
    The first two picks will for sure set the stage for what could be a rush for a QB or a free fall for some.
    My gut says the Giants would only consider Darnold at 2, so he ain't in all likelihood falling to us. If the Browns select Darnold, then we will have a choice of three. If they don't we will have a choice of two, for sure Rosen and Allen or Baker.
    We will then know how Mac has them ranked. I am going crazy trying to force a selection in my mind, but I'm conflicted amongst the picks with a small edge to Rosen. Whatever the pick, I'll root my ass off for him to become a super star, and for the rest to dwell in mediocracy.
    Go Jets

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If Browns pick Mayfield everybody on the Draft Challenge will be eliminated. $50 will go to St Jude's Children's Hospital. I kind of like it. Lol. :)

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

If Darnold falls to us it will be a glorious day in Jet land..:):D

AlexJETS and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

$50 to a great cause and the Jets get Rosen/Darnold. A win for everyone!

seanofthedead, Brook! and FJF like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Amen. One day the fans will realize this.

FlaJet likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So winner winner

FlaJet and Brook! like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

More and more reports that Mayfield is going 1. This really sucks.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. I settled on him and was happy. After reading about him I liked him over Rosen and didn't read much on Darnold thinking he was going 1. I'm ok with Darnold or Rosen but I have many more fears with them than Mayfield. At this point we think it's Mayfield but it can change in 7 hours very easily.

18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Man I still don't know what to believe... So much conflicting information coming from Cleveland

I'll be happy with Mayfield, Rosen or probably even Darnold

19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Lol that's great. They might be a more miserable fanbase then us. In the 90s they were good but I don't know if I could recover from losing 4 Super Bowls and 17 years not in the playoffs. Been a tough run for them. I wonder if they at this point are so desperate that they trade their whole draft to one or two.

Our luck. Mayfield 1. Darnold 2 to the Bills and we get Rosen.

Question: If we are at 3. Buffalo offers us their 1st, 2nd, and third for the 3 do you do it? I know the Jets won't but I would consider it. Browns and Giants if they trade at 2 and 4 will get alot in return for it. Be crazy.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner