What if it comes down to Darnold or Rosen tonight?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Poeman, Apr 26, 2018.

?

If Baker goes #1, Barkley #2...Jets at #3 should go

1. Darnold

29 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Rosen

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

From watching their tapes, in terms of play styles, these are the best pro comparisons that I could come up with. (Of course, no guarantee that they end up like either Luck or Eli.)

Like Luck, Darnold shows improvisional skills, including scrambling and throwing the ball at various launch angles. As with Luck's time in Indiana, Darnold's experience behind USC's shaky line affected his style and development.

Rosen is a pure pocket passer. Like Eli, Rosen's go-to-throw appears to be the back shoulder. He's not afraid to either check down or to gamble deep, throwing his share of fifty-fifty balls.

Edit: There's many better analysts on this board than me. If there's better pro comparisons, I'm happy to go with those.

#21 NoodleArm, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Poeman likes this.
  2. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Tough call I would be happy with either one of them. If we choose Darnold big Mac would look like a genius for trading up!

3. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

Rosen kind of remind me more of Rivers

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Personality he is alot like Rodgers...I know if we take Rosen we need to go get OL or TE in round 3

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Really?

6. MeanGreenMachine88

Well I suppose it could be teams hoping he falls to them there’s some kind of agenda I know that

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Doubt it...

Rosen’s father is Jewish, and his mother is Christian. He attended a Catholic high school, St. John Bosco in Southern California. But he had a bar mitzvah and he identifies as Jewish.

Rosen even said he is open minded and loves his mom more then his dad haha.

Also fun fact, last time a Jewish QB was drafted in the 1st round? Sid Luckman in 1939...He went #2, we all know how he turned out.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Screw Matt Miller...he suggested Niners owed the Pats something and should trade #9 to them so they can take Rosen.

10. The Curse of Joe Namath

1. I think Lamar Jackson is being slept on and if a team like the pats get their hands on him :(

2. What do you guys think of buffalo giving the giants a kings ransom? Then what do you guys see happening? I’m curious what you guys think

11. MeanGreenMachine88

I’d be thrilled with either Darnold or Rosen...Rosen is very smart and very polished...Darnold has a mobility and knack for the big play that reminds me a lot of Rodgers

12. The Curse of Joe Namath

It’s like 99.9% of nfl personal feels this way

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2. A ransom can be considered if the Browns take Barkley #1...I can see Buffalo trade for Darnold.

However I think they have their eyes set on #5 and #6.
    Browns could move down too...Don't be surprised if Arizona jumps into top 6

14. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

Rosen 100%. I think he's the surest thing in the draft and we can't strike out here. Rosen will be a starter in this league for one team for the next decade-plus. I like the comparison of him to Matt Ryan more than the popular comparison of Eli Manning. He's got no chance to be one of the best few QBs in the league (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.) but I think he'll be in that second tier for a long time.

I don't like Darnold and don't understand the hype around the kid. He did not have a good season statistically at USC and the eye test was even worse. 24 turnovers and 15 TDs. Some really, really alarming interceptions where he either can't make quick decisions or struggles reading defenses. His mechanics are wonky and I don't think his pocket presence is good. His interviews make wary, he doesn't seem like the sharpest kid.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think I've just been so invested in Baker vs Rosen debates the past month plus that I would be letdown if Darnold is the pick.

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Rosen. Darnold may have more upside, but has more bust potential too. Also, it's not like Rosen's ceiling is much lower than Darnold's. Give me the sure thing.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago I would have said Darnold, but Rosen has grown on me a lot. Watching him speak, he has that IT factor for sure. Rosen please.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm with a lot of you guys. I don't really "like" Rosen as a fan at this moment in time but I have an bad feeling he's going to be a really top level NFL QB. I think I'd still take Darnold #1 and Rosen #2 but if the Jets actually end up having this choice I think its safe to say that's more than our front office could have ever hoped for and it will be a great day in Jets history.

Good, bad, or somewhere in the great in between this is going to be a pretty monumental day in Jets history at any rate. We're basically choosing the path for the next 4-5 years minimum and possibly then next 10-15.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rosen right now has the Vegeta complex...You hate him cause he comes across pompous and as a jerk, but man when he is on your side and gets going.
    It's fucking badass...

[​IMG]

Kind of looks like him too :D

ColoradoContrails, themorey and FJF like this.