Which NYJ beat writer gets the best scoop?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Apr 25, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I would probably go with Rich Cimini who has been covering the team for as long as I can remember, but personally I don’t think any of them are very good. Can’t think of one who really had any solid scoop during this draft or free agency.

The Big 3 are Cimini, Mehta, and Costello

Cimini-He always comes as a “glass half empty” Jets fan in his writing which gets in the way of his reporting IMO.

Mehta-He’s more of a Jets “columnist” than a beat writer. Most his stuff is op-ed.

Costello-He’s OK I guess...

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

No Criminal Record Bob

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. WayneG99

WayneG99 New Member

Cimini doesn't get any scoops...at all. Costello is completely irrelevant. Mehta, the click-bait king, does have some inside scoops from time to time. The Jets are pretty tight-lipped. All these guys do is add opinion pieces. They couldn't even provide any scoops during free agency. It was hilarious after "my sources confirm" that the Jets signed so and so minutes after Schefter or Rappaport would report a signing.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'll let you know 9pm tomorrow night....

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"No one had any solid scoop - so who gets the best scoop?"

No you're not a troll...

Jets69 likes this.
  6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Jets beat reporters are pretty much cock-blocked on the regular. They never seem to be as plugged into the team's thinking as you might imagine. Lot's of guessing.

Honestly? I'd probably go with Mehta . . . That's some pretty sad commentary, if you ask me.

#6 slimjasi, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Which NYJ beat writer gets the best scoop?

A. Cimini
    B. Mehta
    C. Costello
    D. None of the above

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If we are talking about New York Jet football news none of them. If we are talking Ice Cream I will go with Cimini

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It's speaks volumes that they all retweet Schefter on a regular basis when they are the ones that should have the breaking Jets' news. Journalism rarely means more than scouring twitter for rumors these days.

JetLife5 and FJF like this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Well I believe Cimini said the Jets did not see Mayfield as a top 3 QB, then mocked him to the Jets about a month later lol.

Manish was kind of right about the Wilkerson thing, but he just seems like a legitimate asshole. Cimini has no problem being the pessimist, but at no point have I ever thought "this is a bad guy."

Has anyone read any of Connor Hughes stuff since he went to the Atlantic?

Basically, none of them seem to be legitimate insiders. But I prefer Hughes.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He's a dumb cuck who either creates fake news or is gullible enough to run with the fake news he receives for his stories.

JetLife5 likes this.
  12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

During the couple of years that I lived in Wisconsin, I really learned to like all the Packers' beat reporters. All NYJ beat reporters suck hard.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Mehta is a shit stained bin bag of a reporter.

He must be gutted that all the leaks (players and FO) have dried up.

Now he's left with his "sources" which is more likely to be the homeless man that made the browns pick manziel than anyone in our organization.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

JetLife5, CotcheryFan and Jay Bizniss like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There's an art to a good scoop. The best scoopers are the ones that get a large perfectly symetrical ball of tastiness, with a little extra bump at the bottom.... but more important than the sccop, is the cone selection!
    Sugar cone?!?! That's pop warner type shit.... The Waffle cone wins hands down. It's like having a desert after your desert, and leaves room inside for a bonus scoop.
    It's the fast track way to fatkid town while having a smile on your face

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The answer hands down is Steve Serby! Anyone remember when Leberfeld pitched a fit? Mangini had a closed door policy with players speaking with the media and Leberfeld threw a teenaged girl tantrum. "I deserve unlimited access!" He then went on to write a scathing piece. Haha, I remember reading a blog post of Leberfeld's (mind like a camera) shortly after that and there was this one comment that had me in stitches. "Shut up Leberfeld you whinny bitch - rudi" Partly because he spelled whiny wrong, and partly because the guy's name was Rudi. Not anything to do with the movie 'Rudy' with a 'y', but because it was so rude and so typical Jets fan. It was perfect. I laughed so hard I almost threw up. Leberfeld deserved it. I couldn't believe the comment wasn't deleted.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They all read king and a schefter and take it from there. I enjoy turn on the jets for all thing jets

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Cimini used to have much better inside information. I don't think he has the sources he used to have. I give him credit for letting people know about 2 weeks into Manginis 1st camp that Mangini had some getting along with people issues years before the stories of manginis psycho like behavior came out.

Conner Hughes IMO is just about page hits. I would trust incarcerated Bob before Mehta.

This regime has been a lot more tight lipped. Who broke the Hackenburg pick?

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Cimini burned any credibility he had when he spent two weeks saying how gaggy didn't consider mayfield a #3 pick, we have a 100 page thread on that one, and now has spent the last week guarrenteeing almost that is who the jets will pick.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Manish thinks he does. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk