Round Three Targets

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 24, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Through mock drafts, player visits here is a list of some players that have been linked to the Jets in round 3. If you know anyone in other rounds post them here. I'd like to find out more linked to us.

Quickly round 1. Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen: Not much to say about this round. Just that we will pick one of the qbs. Months ago Mayfield seemed to be a lock. This week's rumors maybe we get Darnold maybe Rosen if somehow Mayfield and Darnold go 1 and 2. We'll know for sure on Thursday.

2. No pick

3. Pick 72: a. Ragnaw C Arkansas: Hearing he is going in round two. If there he should be the pick.
    b. Billy Price Ohio State C: With the injury might fall a bit but I don't think this far.
    c. James Andrews C Iowa: Seen him mocked here but am hearing ealrier as well.
    d. Nick Chubb RB Georgia: Probably going earlier.
    e. Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn: Seen him mocked to us a number of times. I'd keep an eye on him.
    f. Rashaad Penny RB SDSU: Been mocked to us seems like another third round pick.
    g. Sam Hubbard DE Ohio State: Heard he might be there. Late 2nd round and moving up.
    h. Arden Key DE LSU: Character and weight conerns pushed him down. Might be there. Be interesting if he is if they take him or go elsewhere.
    i. Lorenzo Carter Georgia DE: Same as Hubbard. Originally a third moving up the board now.
    j. Dorance Armstrong DE Kansas: Seems to be a 3rd round pick could be there.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I want to see a TE, OL, or RB with this pick. Jets need to support the new QB early and often this draft.

My top choice would be an Offensive Lineman or Rashaad Penny.

BacktoQueens, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

While I would love to have a great RB again, I just don't understand why we are so locked in on RB in the 3rd. It has been talked about for months, and not just here, but in lots of news articles. While we don't have a great back, we do have a stable full of guys that can run the ball. We need offensive lineman so bad and edge rushers. I can't think of a weaker part of the team except maybe TE.

FJF, Walt White, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The new qb won't be playing this year and they will have a lot of money again next year to buy some OL help. Get some play makers.

5. PennyandtheJets

Won't play this year, but that shouldn't stop them from adding talent to the offensive side of the ball with the QB in mind.

FJF likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, but not OL..RB and WR would be nice, maybe a TE.

7. PennyandtheJets

Lol...we need all those positions. I don't care when they address them. Just do it!

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

My priorities would be:
    1a. OL
    1b. RB
    2. OLB/DE
    3. TE
    4. WR
    But don't reach for OL if a higher ranked RB is available.

MeanGreenMachine88 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After signing Crowell and Rawls, and with all the Jets' other needs, I didn't think they would take a RB, but the more I have read over the last week, it looks more and more like the Jets will be taking a RB in round 3. Adding Penny would be great, but I'm not sure it would be at the expense of passing up Ragnow, Daniels or a good edge rushing or TE prospect.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

rumor is they are looking at RB, mac said as much in his conference today. I think he goes BPA for the rest of the draft personally outside the 3 pick which is clearly a QB

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac and Bowles will have probably exhausted every brain cell thinking about round 1 contingencies ...dont count on any intelligent picks from 3 on lol

12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think there could be good value on pass rushers there, so that has to be a strong consideration. If the right guy is there, I think this is my preference

As much as I hate to say, DL seems to be a need so short of a notable signing this should be addressed with the remaining picks

I've really wanted an RB from this class, but given the Crowell acquisition and picks traded, I was no longer considering an RB, but sounds like Mac might be. I wouldn't complain though.

An OL prospect would be great, whether it be a possible LT or inerior OL.

TE would be a consideration too, but they seem to have decent prospects at the position too.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I think round 3 will be OL, RB or if an olb/de falls. I think they'll wait on the TE and WR til round 4 and 5. I also believe they will trade in 4 and 5 to get more picks either trading down or trading players we have.

Walt White likes this.
  14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm not really with the RB pick at 3 but trade down even at 3 would be a possibility I would think for the right price, and the player trade for pick too.

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I have friends that work for the Seminoles and Gators....Antonio Calloway WILL be a stud if he keeps his nose clean

boozer32 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Brian O'Niel, Marcel Frazier, and greg stroman are worth a look if any are there in the 3rd

17. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Are there any wild boar hunters likely to be around in the 3rd???

phubbadaman and boozer32 like this.
  18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Lol Schlagel. What an awful pick. At least he made a nice tackle a few years back while a coach at OSU. Decent special teams player but did nothing for us.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  19. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Haha I'm glad someone got my Schlegel reference. I remember everyone saying he should've gone in the 6th or 7th, but Mangini liked the guy.
    I think this year we'll take a quality interior o-lineman that slips to the 3rd. It'd give us depth, time to develop and take over next year.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

After his failed drug test at the combine.... he will be lucky to be drafted. 6th or 7th round flyer