Number 1 down to Mayfield or Allen

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 25, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not the same team. The owner may be the same, but the FO and CS are new and different. Dorsey is no fool. He knows who he's taking.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

Then you'll be making a big mistake. Mayfield is gonna be a quality starter if not a star in the NFL. Darnold is gonna be luck not to bust.

EDIT: I just saw that you were being sarcastic in your earlier post, so you may have been with this one too. I was surprised by both of your posts, but posters/people do change their minds.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I have been on his bandwagon all the way through this pre-draft process. Like I said, I was turned off by his concern over his image. He can still be a great player, but I could also see him being more worried about looking cool rather than playing great.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I think of all the prospects, only Mayfield has treated the draft as a campaign. He is also the only one doing himself any good. Rosen does himself no favors in his interviews. I do think Mayfield needs the chip on his shoulder. If he goes 1, where is the chip? Hopefully he calms down with the marketing once he is picked.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I know you have been. That's why I was surprised to see your posts in this thread.

I think he's concerned with his image because he knows he has acted immaturely and not like the face of a franchise, and was already facing an uphill battle (in terms of the draft) with only being 6'1". I think one he is drafted, you won't see any image-consciousness from Mayfield. I think he has learned his lesson. Once he is drafted, it's gonna be all business working to make himself better and become the starter. If the Jets are lucky enough to get him, Teddy and McCown will help him with any problems he still has with image, immaturity, etc.

NYJetsO12 and PennyandtheJets like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’ve loved Rosen’s interviews. All he talks about is what he did wrong and how he plans in being the greatest. That’s much better than hearing how baker wore Addias to put pressure on Nike.
    You can love the 6’0” spread guy worried about his brand. I’ll take the prototype pro set guy who talks about being great.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Does this mean that Allen no longer has way more talent and ability than Baker? ;)

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Still love him as a player/leader for the Jets and will definitely still be excited if they draft him. I just hope he keeps that chip and grinds to becoming a great QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Allen has had the worst PR team this whole process. Each day and week we get big news about Rosen moving up, then Baker moving up, Darnold always the #1 guy, but Allen really hasn't had much talk besides the hype of his Pro Day. It would be ironic if he went #1 overall after that.

That would be best case scenario for the Jets though. Leaving Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield available to the Giants and Jets. Worst case scenario is Mayfield #1, Darnold #2 and the Jets choose between the Josh's and they take Allen over Rosen.

NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to Cleveland? That whole fucking city has a chip on its shoulder. Mayfield suddenly would be the poster child for a down and out city. The only awkward part of the dynamic would be how would people from Ohio warm up to the kid that planted Oklahoma’s flag on the field at Ohio state

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

- Learned his lesson

- Talks about his brand a few days ago

QUE!?

FJF likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You must be confusing Baker with Sanchez the Poster Boy Penny..Not saying fame and fortune dont go to a young guys head but Mayfields handlers/agents should be aware of that
    I am not dumping him because of his "focus elsewhere"...I think the kid knows he has something to prove on the field to back up the selection

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

I would be halfway out the door..me and 100 others if THAT happened

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

All I can say is this is a complete mystery ..out of our hands who takes what

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think Cleveland taking mayfield is best case scenario. But the jets are golden because it is hard to find a realistic scenario where rosen goes before our pick

16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Lmao imagine thinking Dorsey has had all offseason to make this decision and isn’t going to make it until he’s on the clock

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Goodell: “The Cleveland Browns are now on the clock”

Dorsey: “Oh shit I was not prepared for this to happen”

themorey, Cidusii, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have an extremely hard time believing that with guys like Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield available, the Browns will piss away the first overall pick on a kid who hasn't shown any signs of being able to be an NFL QB other than being tall and throwing far. I'm not buying the smokescreens. I think it's Darnold. I want Mayfield, so I hope it's not him, but even if they do take him that means one of Rosen or Darnold is there for us.

But... it also means Allen is there and our GM has a thing for tall, bad QBs.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Darnold is the #1 pick. Book it. It is clear as day and has been for months.