The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not see this yet but want to,,,,,also I have heard Hogan interviewed and he has said in the past that he was not sure how the match would go and whether or not Andre would hand it over to him

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

watched it last night, really well done and told the story really amazingly.

i got done and had that feeling you used to get as a kid when you got home from vacation and all you wanted to do was go back and stay there forever.

i was 11 in 87 when wrestlemania 3 happened and it was literally the biggest extravaganza i had ever seen. i never really knew how things went from being regional to being worldwide so it was great to hear that story as well. just a really good show.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

What a time to be alive. The attitude era was my childhood, and it's crazy how the company has grown. You can fairly argue that it's not as entertaining as my childhood, or yours, but it's such a worldwide thing, Mania every year is must see.

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY created the other thread but R I P Bruno !!!!

TwoHeadedMonster and alleycat9 like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So the passing of Bruno got me to googling and you tubing some old stuff and videos. Watched some old matches and also listened to some podcasts. I was always huge Rowdy Roddy Piper fan and watched many of his Pipers Pits episodes yesterday, great stuff if you have never seen it some of which would have him brought up on charges now a days = see when he hit Snuka with a coconut or when he shaved the Haiti kids head------on a more serious note I am shocked that I did not know until yesterday that Stone Cold Steve Austin stuck it up Pipers Ass and got him fired from his podcast. I always liked Stone Cold but after listening to both sides yesterday and getting familiar with what went down I will now look at him in a MUCH different light. PS for Stone Cold and Vince not to attend Pipers funeral really sucks and speaks volumes,,,,sometimes wrestling actually gets real

6. alleycat9

i never knew that. whats the story about why he screwed him over? its got to be tough to be in character all the time like some of these have to.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

alley cat when you have time listen to it there's a lot on it,, just google it or you tube it,,,,,basically Piper did one of his podcasts and he had guys in studio with him , one guy claimed to be Steve Austin and did a pretty good impersonation of him, and they goofed on many things. Hacksaw Jim Duggan phoned in and the Austin guy goofed on him it went on for like 20 minutes,,,,,,at the end Piper came clean and said who the guy was and they all laughed but it turns out Austin in real life got pissed,,right after this podcast Piper was fired,,,,Austin did his own podcast and exclaimed how he had nothing to do with Piper getting fired ,,,,,,,then Piper did a new podcast from a different location and he " took the high road " but explained what happened,,,,,,a few days later he died of heart failure. There are also other podcast you can listen to that talk about this,,,,,and there is one in particular that 2 guys read quotes from Billy Jack Haynes that is very interesting,,,,,,,,the Rowdy one was great,,,,,there also an interview of Roddy a more recent one where he discusses what happened with Snuka and how none of it was scripted and he thought he killed Snuka when he cracked him with the coconut,,,interesting stuff,,,,,,

TwoHeadedMonster and alleycat9 like this.
  8. alleycat9

haha thats some great wrestling stuff!

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Was just reading about the next WWE PPV and it is next Friday at Noon, live from Saudi Arabia. Called "Greatest World Rumble" includes a 50 man Royal Rumble Match, Lesnar vs Reigns for WWE Universal Title in a steel cage, John Cena vs. Triple H, and many other big matches. Not sure I have ever seen anything like this before. Especially right after Wrestlemania. No women at all either. I guess they aren't allowed to publicly wrestle in Saudi Arabia? Pretty odd. Also not sure what the person wins who wins the Rumble match.

10. NYJalltheway

It's Greatest Royal Rumble, but yeah. And you're right about the women. Women's evolution right? Haha. But yeah so far they haven't announced anything the winner of the Rumble would get. If it's nothing at all, then that seems pretty pointless. Why not give them a #1 contender reservation for SummerSlam? Anyway, odd timing for a ppv, but money talks. Expect it to be like Mania part 2.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is what it sounds like. Even more odd: Backlash is 10 days later. I like your idea: give the Rumble winner a title match opportunity. 50 men is a lot. That could potentially be a 2+ hour match if they do all the intros like the normal Royal Rumble. It would make no sense to be for nothing. As we have learned many times though: WWE doesn't usually make sense. :)

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up, but my ears are still open lol. I didn't realize yet another ppv was so close after that. Ridiculous.

13. alleycat9

wwe understands that the us is pretty much tapped out. thats why they made such a push with the horrible womens division these past few years, to add more viewers and hit untapped markets.

middle east is a pretty untapped region and if they can get some folks from over there to get their app or whatever the 10 bucks a month thing is i guess its worth it to them. i highly doubt anyone is going to give a shit over here.

they do silly stuff like battle royals or big 6 or 8 man matches when they dont have anything else to do. they are good every once in a year but definitely not much to care about.

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So I guess Jinder Mahal is going to walk out of this thing looking good or with a title ?

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

As my favorite YouTube channel put it.. He's "from there", which means he has to lose lol

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  16. alleycat9

i wonder what the iron sheik thinks about the wwe going into the middle east. he is hilarious on twitter.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

So. . . it's not real? : (

TwoHeadedMonster, Red Menace and CBG like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Don't say that to Jerry Lawler, did you see what he did to Andy Kaufman ?

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace ,,I remember that like it was yesterdaY!!!

Red Menace likes this.