Unbiased Case for Saquon at 3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I was in the boat that there is less than 1% chance they take Barkley until I heard Bucky Brooks make a valid point. He said that you never like 3 QB prospects equally, no way they like more than 2!

This tells me that if the 2 guys they like are gone he is taking Barkley and sell the BPA angle just like the Leonard Williams pick when we had Mo and Sheldon.

I’d say the 2 guys they like are Allen and Darnold. If both are gone don’t be shocked if Barkley is the pick at 3. No maybe it’s Rosen/Darnold or Mayfield /Allen but there is a chance if the 2 guys they like are gone they take Barkley. I wouldn’t like it but I can see Mac doing it. I’d say the chances of Bsrkley have gone up from 0 to 3%

Cidusii likes this.
  2. Seth

Seth Active Member

So let me get this straight, they make the move up not liking 3 QBs, knowing they might not get one and surrendering all those picks. Then, of those QBs, one of those is the one who is not ready and needs time, something Macc cannot afford in his QB selection. This all leads to trading 3 2nds to move up 3 slots for a RB. Do you see how illogical this point sounds?

Face it, it's not happening. There is a 0% chance the pick is a non-QB, I'd bet my entire reputation and account here on it.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Seth

Seth Active Member

And the team may not like 3 equally, but the Jets CLEARLY like 3 enough to a point where they would happily take them at 3, hence the move.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think it is a 0% chance.

Seth, you're clearly a smart guy, unlike Bruna.
    The trade up to 3 has made me an angry panda.

3 second round picks plus a first better give me a quarterback, right?

But has it occurred to you at all that the ever loving Jets FO are not entirely competent? Has it occurred that maybe they are very competent at letting the best player in a draft fall to them in the top ten picks of a draft?

Or at least the PERCEIVED best pick?

This is Macc's trademark at this point.

What is more likely, a stray from the norm or the norm?

Asking just because.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

Macc is a BPA drafter, this is true. But BPA goes out the windows when it comes to taking a QB, ESPECIALLY after moving up 3 slots and paying such a price, which can only be justified by taking a QB. So while Macc isn't the best GM, he has at least shown he knows how the draft works and our need for a FQB. So no, I still maintain a 0% chance until proven otherwise.

6. abyzmul

You're using a logical argument.

You just aren't using logic in reference to the subject.

Macc is the subject.

Apply logic to his actions.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. Seth

Seth Active Member

Lmao! I get your logic dude, these are the Jets, but Macc has shown to at least be a competent GM during the draft and Chris Johnson pretty much said without saying it that we're taking a QB, so it's been a done deal the moment we made the move up.

8. abyzmul

Dude come on, don't cop out.

I asked you to apply logic to his actions.

He drafted safety in round one and two last year. Can you logically explain that? Is that really BPA?

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

It kind of was? Maybe? May was considered a late 1st/early 2nd round quality player, so it's tough to say. Like I said earlier though, BPA goes away when taking a FQB, ESPECIALLY when moving up. You're a smart fan, there are limits to stupidity even for the Jets. There is zero doubt in my mind, ZERO, that one of the big four QBs will be a Jet in six days.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m with you.. it doesn’t make sense but neither did the Williams pick and he chalked it up as BPA....

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are missing the point..he may not get the best qb in the draft and then they may luck out too..the point is you never give away 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots to take a RB..never ever and if you do you are starting your last year in your position. They are taking a qb period.

Seth likes this.