Rosen vs Mayfield at the 3 pick - what the film shows

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 26, 2018.

?

If Darnold and Allen are gone, who would you pick with the 3rd pick?

1. Rosen

69.0%
  2. Mayfield

31.0%
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they drafted webb in the 3rd last year, and plus really wouldn't need to draft a QB until 2020. eli has at least 2 years left if not 3 or 4

2. JetLife5

JetLife5 Member

Honestly, I won't be mad at Rosen or Mayfield. Anyone but Allen. Darnold WORST CASE if Mayfield-Rosen somehow go 1-2

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You're an AntiSurgite!

abyzmul likes this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Eli is awful. He may not even have 1 year left. They need a QB pronto. Webb is a nobody. He's like Bryce Petty level.

5. GasedAndConfused

webb deserves a shot. injuries have derailed him but lets not forget he beat out mayfield in college and was a 3rd round pick. I agree on eli, but he can post decent numbers with the right talent (he has ODB, marshall, maybe barkely) and is a veteran who never missed a game in his career and the owners love him. They fired their coach for benching him. He also won them 2 superbowls. You have to respect what the guy did on the NFL level and he's a classy player, he isn't going to pull a favre on the giants and they know this.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I want Rosen, but I am starting to warm up to Mayfield. I definitely do not want Allen.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

"Beat out Baker Mayfield" as in Mayfield getting hurt and Webb replacing him? Only to lose his job to Mayfield again as soon as he played like shit?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...6/baker-mayfield-texas-tech-transfer-oklahoma

abyzmul, Brook! and Walt White like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll see.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Never mind. Can't believe some of the opinions I'm reading on here.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe if you post twelve more times in succession it will make you feel better.

FJF, All Gas No Shake and joe like this.
  11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I'm happy with either Rosen or Mayfield and both have their concerns. I feel after a bit of reading up that their play suits what Bates would try to use.

Hopefully the front office have a room full of information and analysis on both prospects and pick the right one in their eyes.

Jets keep everything quiet so media spin is what it is

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Can we get a package deal with Rosen and his TE? They seem to have great chemistry.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

to me its not even worth the discussion, you take Rosen

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...icized-traits-made-eli-star-article-1.3933689

Bates and Rosen would be a match made in heaven. If Bates is the guy they say he is! Rosen isnt a system QB. He IS the system.

And who said Mayfield has a higher IQ? To me, the game of chess embodies who Rosen is as a player. Very cerebral. Bowles could learn a thing or 2 from game-planning from the young qb.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Concussion history doesn't matter because our seller O-Line will never let them be hit again.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone doubts Rosen's ability to process and throw accurately. These are the two reasons he is an elite prospect. Leadership might be questionable and his previous injuries are worrisome. I really like Rosen and won't be upset if he is the pick.

16. GasedAndConfused

You mean mayfeild "beat him out" because webb lost 40lbs due to illness prior to the season, then when mayfield got hurt, they kept webb in after he healed while mayfield bitched and moaned he wasn't playing?

your own link says as much
    "Future NFL pick Davis Webb had overtaken Mayfield on TTU’s roster, and Patrick Mahomes, an eventual first-rounder, would become TTU’s 2014 starter."

that's why he transferred out. he didn't want to compete with mahomes and webb at QB. I'm not sure why people feel the need to lie about what happened? I've corrected it a dozen times on the forum and it's not like people can't just google it

17. xxedge72x

Mayfield finished the season as the starter. His head coach wasn't communicating with him. Rather than sit back and accept it, he took control of his destiny and put himself in a better situation. That is a GOOD thing.

18. GasedAndConfused

Running away form competition isn't a good thing. his own words were a competition isn't fair and he earned the job and shouldn't have to compete for it. On top of that you only get mayfields view, the coach never spoke out to say anything. Obviously mayfield would be biased in his own view. it's a tough pill to take at face value. he had the opportunity to win over 2 QBs one of which turned out to be a 3rd round pick and the other a 1st round pick, but instead left to compete with a QB who went undrafted. Sure it was the right career move for mayfield, but can't be spun as a positive. I'd be a lot more impressed if he beat out webb and mahomes for the job then I am with him beating out trevor knight.

19. xxedge72x

Have you ever worked in a place that sucks or is toxic? Personally, I've left these situations, not because I was running from anything, but rather because I want to be someplace where I feel valued and work with people who don't make me want to break things.

We don't know what was going on in there, but I dont see it as unreasonable at all that he would seek greener pastures. It isn't as if he's the only player to ever do this.

To state as if it is factual that he was running from competition is such a blatant self serving interpretation it can't be taken seriously. This guy could save a baby from drowning and you'd argue he only did it for self serving publicity.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

The thing is, we don't know if that's the case. you are giving mayfield the benefit of the doubt which makes your thoughts biased towards him. I'm saying we don't have all the info and hence can't make an accurate judgement. He may not be the only player ever to do it, but allen, danrold, and rosen haven't. Allen could have said fuck wyoming and went to a place where he had better talent around him but he didn't. What if mayfield gets drafted to a team and gets those same feelings. is he going to demand a trade? skip the off season? how players respond to adversity espicially at the QB position is key to NFL sucess.

also those are his words not mine. Mayfield himself said he felt the job should be his and he earned it and that having to compete for it "isn't fair" so no i'm not saying he ran away from it. He said it, i'm just repeating it. How is he going to feel is say we draft him and mccown gets hurt so he gets to play a game and plays well, then mccown comes back. is he going to throw a fit that mccown takes back over?

If he did save a kid form drowning i'd give him all the credit in the world, however sadly his history shows immaturity and entitlement and I don't see how anyone can ignore it. not saying it'll dam him or that he cna't grow up, but it is a red flag. much more so then wearing a fuck trump hat while playing golf