Darnold visits Buffalo....should we worry?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

LOL! The Bills are so used to rebuilding that they do it every year, even when they make the playoffs. Their plan is reckless and the Giants aren't trading anyways. The Bills should miss out on a top QB, they don't deserve one.

2. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I doubt it the price would get more steep as we get close to draft day. The Giants control this draft.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Buff is trading with the broncos and then with jints. Bills take Rosen n jints take Chubb at 5 n we get mayfield who I personally don’t want. Typical jets luck. Can’t shake jets getting screwed somehow

4. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

If that plays out so be it. I’d take Allen personally but hey I’ll take mayfield too if that’s who the jets brass believes will be best for them. I will not be upset at any qb we take we all have are preferences but Mac if he chooses wrong will lose his job don’t matter if there were a Andrew luck prospect coming out. if they bust he’s done. So if Mac feels like one of these qbs is he’s guy got to go with it. Even if he gets someone nobody’s wants. But one thing I can say is 100 % certain there will be boos from fans even before player steps on field. Which is a shame because these kids dream is to be drafted and you got drunk fans wanting to be on tv and think they know more about scouting then the people who get paid for it.

cval and sec314 like this.
  5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Jets will be fine as long as they pick one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. At least one will be there at 3. No reason to worry.

Poeman likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I guess anything is possible, but after the Bills spend their capital to get the #5 pick, what do they use to get to the #2? Their resources are large but not unlimited.

And again, anything is possible, but if they do get the #2, and they want Rosen, what's to say he doesn't pull a Manning or Elway and refuse? If he didn't like the idea of Cleveland, why in the world would he like Buffalo? Of course we are talking about the Jets getting screwed, and apparently there is no scenario impossible enough to prevent that from happening.

sec314 likes this.
  7. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I just see it as the Bills doing their due diligence. They need a QB. Gotta see if one is worth trading up for. If you're the Jets front office and you're worried, you shouldn't have made the trade to begin with. This should be a nothing burger with ketchup.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

I have read that gettleman has never traded down in a draft.

First draft in NY and he trades down? If he does it has only got to be to Denver at 5. When you'd still be getting chubb or Barkley or Nelson

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

AlexJETS likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If you think YOU'RE worried about Buffalo jumping to #2, how do you think the QBs feel????

There's gonna be one QB putting on a Bills hat and trying to smile.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Well shit. With that thinking i wouldn’t be happy being the 1st pick either! Lmao.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If its 'reckless' to acquire 6 picks in the top 100, I hope our jets become reckless

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's not reckless, but to make all of the trades they've made and come away without one of the top QBs... it's a bit of a flop unless they can get 3 high end starters for the next 8-10 years with those picks.

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Ha...you are funny.

14. PennyandtheJets

Can't remember if I posted in this thread yet, but no...them visiting Darnold does not concern me in the least. Even if they move up to 2. We will still have a Mayfield/Allen or Mayfield/Rosen scenario.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The closer we get the more likely the Giants stay put and go with Barkley. Now just just gotta hope that the Browns go with Allen and Darnold falls right into the Jets lap.

joe and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. PennyandtheJets

In that scenario, I really believe the Giants will take Darnold.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The reckless part is trying trading up to the #2 and giving all that up plus next year's first and more for a single player. They are much better off staying pat and will probably still get a top 5 QB at 12. They'll probably get Jackson and still get to use all those other picks.

18. Bills over Jets

There’s many different sources out there hinting that a 3 way trade is in the works.

1. Buffalo - QB Sam Darnold
    2. Cleveland - QB Josh Allen
    3. Jets - QB Mayfield/Rosen
    4. Giants - RB Saquon Barkley

Giants want to move down but not to 12. Browns want Allen (and will get more picks doing it) and this gives all 3 what they want plus extra picks from the Bills. Would be interesting.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree that this year would be the year for a 3 team trade, but I think you are being a little hopeful here. Having the most draft capital doesn't mean you have the smartest FO.

I do think the Jets will stay put, but if the Bills move up to 1, they will probably be giving up so much that the guy they select would be behind an 8 ball. Similar to if the Jets make the same draft day move.

They are teams that cannot give up depth no matter their cap space.

20. Bills over Jets

The Bills have a very weak roster and I don’t think that changes much keeping some of those picks. It’s better to go get a franchise QB now while you have the capital, and then next year we have like $80-100 mil in cap room or some ridiculous number, use that and build for year 2 like the Eagles did with Wentz and Rams did woth goff.