Darnold visits Buffalo....should we worry?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 13, 2018.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Saw on NFL Network that Darnold took a visit to Orchard Park, they made the argument that at this point neither party would invest the time unless there was a viable way this could happen. I have a suspicion that the Bills and Giants might have a preliminary trade worked out that could happen on draft night depending on what the Browns do. I originally thought the Giants might stay put to get Barkley or Chubb, but the more info that comes out the more I think they want to trade back.

My question for you all is how you would feel if Buffalo ended up jumping us to select a QB? Would it make our decision to jump to number 3 look premature or not well thought out? I have to admit, it would put a dark cloud over draft night for me. Kick in the balls from the Giants for sure....

#1 FrontOfficeFanatic, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It could potentially SUCK..... unless the Browns keep being the Browns, and draft someone stupid #1 overall

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

"It depends"

1) What did the Bills pay to get there and
    2) How does their pick do vs our pick?

That's what it comes down to ultimately.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your name is FrontOfficeFanatic and you don't even know what pick we traded for?

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fuck Buffalo, we shouldn’t be worried about anything other than getting the pick right

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If the Bills trade away what they'd have to trade away to get up to #2 and take Darnold, they're setting him up for failure. Darnold is #4 on my list anyway--I'd rather he throw interceptions to the Jets twice a year than throw interceptions for the Jets sixteen times a year.

7. Cant control what happens in front of us.We didnt think wed have a shot at Darnold Anyway.Buffalo havinng to unload all the necesarry compensation is far from a bad thing &. Mac jumping to 3 undoubtedly made the Bills move up much more expensive & difficult.

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It doesn't phase me. All along the Jets have been linked to Rosen and Mayfield. We moved up to three for one of them and be thrilled if Darnold somehow fell to three. Darnold is going one or two. If Buffalo trades with the Giants it's for Darnold, or Allen (who they've been linked too). If the Jets walk out with Rosen or Mayfield you don't care what Buffalo did and are happy that the Jets gave up less. The only way the Giants don't trade is

a. Browns take Allen and they take Darnold.
    b. They like Rosen or Mayfied (which I don't think they do. Neither one seems like a Giants type qb but you never know).
    c. Someone else blows the Giants out of the water with a trade.
    d. The Browns trade the pick and the Giants don't have anyone to trade with. (less likely but you never know).

Rosen or Mayfield or bust.

Kris 15, NYJetsO12, NJJets20 and 2 others like this.
  9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I still think Cleveland takes Darnold at #1. Their new GM has been making some pretty good moves for them this off season so I don't think they will do something stupid like they used to in the past. As for the Jets I will be happy with either Rosen or Mayfield. I don't think the Bills get to #2 as I think the Giants will stay and take either Barkley or Chubb. JMO.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't worry unless they make the trade before the draft. That's the scenario where they are both guaranteeing a Cleveland QB pick on the #1 and likely taking somebody we would like to take on the #2.

The best way to look at draft night at this point is the Jets will wind up with your personal booby prize from Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield.

The worst way is that the Jets wind up with a never-ending project in Allen.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude can throw a hundred yards field goal ON HIS KNEES, BRO

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The best part about moving up to the third pic is that it guarantees us one of the top three quarterbacks assuming our GM doesn’t completely blew it. Buffalo can trade up all they want, we are still going to get one of Rosen, Mayfield or Darnold.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I still believe that the Bills will have to jump into the top 10 before they can move up to 2. Maybe, they'll prove me wrong.

14. FrontOfficeFanatic

Typo....I edited it

15. FrontOfficeFanatic

This is what keeps me hopeful. I'm FINE with Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield at this point. It will be nice to see Buffalo get depleted making the move to number 2, which I have a gut feeling might happen. They have a lot of capital to make a stupid trade like that and the Giants are too smart not to take it. With all those picks, they can rebuild the Oline and add a couple more weapons to make another run.

16. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I could care less what Buffalo does.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Buffalo really wants Darnold. I think the OP heard wrong though, Buffalo team brass is flying out to California to meet with Darnold, not the other way around. They love him though.

If the Browns don't take Darnold, Buffalo will try to make a draft day trade with the Giants even if they have to pay a heavy price. At this point, between the Browns/Giants or Bills (via trade) the chances of the Jets landing Darnold are slim to none. It's gotta be between Rosen & Mayfield for us.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Don't you mean couldn't care less? ;)

19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'm not concerned, the Bills are in a similar boat as us as far as drafting.

Both franchises aren't exactly known for good drafting. Especially with this draft class of QB's, it's a double crapshoot.

I personally want Rosen, due to his processing of Defenses. but anyone of these guys could boom or bust. I just don't want Allen.

plus i don't think the Bills have the fire power to move up to 2 unless they give up both 1's this year and their #1 for the next 2 years and probably a little more

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No we shouldn't care if Buffalo jumps to 2, they're going to give up 3 firsts and maybe more to move up. Mac wasn't moving to #3 if he wasn't guaranteed one of the guys he wanted, he made the trade knowing he was okay with Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.