Rosen vs Mayfield at the 3 pick - what the film shows

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 26, 2018.

?

If Darnold and Allen are gone, who would you pick with the 3rd pick?

1. Rosen

69.0%
  2. Mayfield

31.0%
  1. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

I phrased that wrong in Darnold I’m seeing a Montana
    Poise of Montana
    Favre type scramble ability similar arm but not as big.
    Reminds me of Russ Wilson a bit the way he can create. Granted not as quick.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is the Thread people should be talking in.

I think it is likely that Josh Allen goes #1 to Cleveland, then Sam Darnold goes #2 to the Giants. Leaving the Jets to choose between Rosen and Mayfield.

Rosen rightfully has a 79% to 21% lead on Mayfield, but I know many TGG posters who would choose Mayfield. It will be interesting to see what the Jets do if the Draft falls like this.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

At this point, I think I'd be stunned if Darnold doesn't go to the Browns at 1. If he doesn't, it guarantees the Jets one of Rosen/Darnold which would be wonderful. In your situation, it's gotta be Rosen to the Jets.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if rumors are to be believed the jets will have the choice of rosen no matter what. the browns are choosing between allen and darnold, and the giants would onlt take a QB if darnold fell, if not they will take chubb or barkley.

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Rosen will be gone before the 3rd pick. I think it will be Mayfield or Allen. I really lean in the Mayfield corner.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I have difficulty believing the Giants will take a QB. The last time they had a pick in the top 3 they got Lawrence Taylor. Now they are in a position to get another one (Chubb).

It says the survey is informal, but can the Giants really pass on a generational talent to gamble on a QB? I really don't think so. Browns will get Darnold, Jets will choose between Rosen/Mayfield.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Possible, but they need a successor to Eli and will likely not pick in the top 5 again for a while. It makes a lot of sense to for the G Men to take a QB, so I won't rule it out.

stinkyB and Noam like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

rumor is the giants would only take a QB if darnold is there, if not they would take chubb or barkley. makes sense they wouldn't want to trade the 2 pick in case darnold fell and if not they can still get chubb or barkley. if they moved back to 6 with us, none of those players would be there

9. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Is it just me, or does watching highlights of Rosen SCREAM Chad Pennington at Marshall? Every throw is short and deep passes are slightly (very slightly, but it's there) underthrown. Seems to be very accurate, but I'm worried he would be one shoulder injury away from Chad part two.

Mayfield seems like a project. Not a fan. Darnold will be gone and Allen scares the hell out of me.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Isn't that every QB? Definitely don't want to tear your rotator cuff. And Chad is probably the best Jets QB since Namath, so not sure that would scare me off of Rosen if he seems similar to you.

Cidusii likes this.
  11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

the Baker to the jets momentum has picked up tremendously since he visited on Monday.

Rosen's stock seems to be dropping fast among the media people (take that for what it's worth).. Allen and Darnold sound like the 1 & 2 and everyone is saying jets are LOVING Baker.

it's just media folk though so no telling what's really the truth, but by following all them it sounds like Rosen could fall.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

It scares me because Chad's game was so limited. Rosen looks like a dump-off/short pass guy, and receivers are coming back to the ball a lot of his deeper throws.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Rosen has a very live arm, much better than Chad coming out.

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I've come a long way with Mayfield to the point where I now see him a desirable option for the Jets, but if he and Rosen are there, short of his injury concerns being more significant than I realize, I couldn't understand passing on Rosen for Mayfield (from my non-expert perspective FWIW)

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you aware of Rosen's injury concerns? Or his father? Or his intellectual challenges?

The guy has so many red flags that he should be a golf course.

xxedge72x likes this.
  16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's hilarious

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I've wanted Rosen all along. Baker to me is Sanchez level talent wise with MUCH better attitude, leadership, intangibles.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Execution. Sanchez was such an unfinished product at the college level that Pete Carroll was right, he never should have come out.

Baker is 1000 times a more polished player on the field. His personality is the real concern with stature second. Somebody needs to follow him around with private investigators. Oh wait.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think Baker also has a better arm

20. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

In such a QB driven league I have a hard time believing the VaGiants would be so stupid to pass up on a qb from this incredible class. Especially with a weak 2019 class looming.