Secret Jets 7 round mock draft V1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SecretConnection, Mar 29, 2018.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges. Pay scale is much higher for QBs.

Late edit: Besides, Beckham was drafted in the 1st round but not in the top 10. That means his 5th year option salary is the average of the top 25 receivers in the league, not the top 10. But you're right, he is a bargain at that price.

#21 westiedog1, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

true, but even with that if you have an option paying a guy like the 6-8th highest starting Qb salary (it's weight higher so it won't be 5) for 1 year it's sitll cheaper then making him the highest paid player at his position which is what every good QB off their rookie deal gets and it gives 1 more year to evaluate if need be before making a huge commitment.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Whatever our opinion of Bowles, and I think we agree that he has some shortcomings to say the least, he is a head coach, and as such, his job is to win football games and that's what his livelihood depends on. I find it hard to accept that if he discovers that his new draftee, as raw as he might be, can provide an offensive spark that his other QB's can't, that he will sit him in favor of someone less effective, just so he can learn. If a guy like Mayfield comes here and consistently moves the team downfield putting points on the board, I don't think anyone will care whether he has mastered the playbook or has trouble with certain blitz patterns. The reason Mayfield won the Heisman is because he's a playmaker. If he (or any of the other draftee QB's) can demonstrate they can win football games, then we shouldn't care that he's not a finished product when he starts. He'll be learning (and improving) on the job like lots of people do.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course, that's the proper attitude for the HC to take, but I just don't trust Bowles to have that attitude. I hope you're right and Bowles proves me wrong! Perhaps we'll see sometime soon.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Like the Richardson 5th round pick. I have the same thing in my just posted mock.

SecretConnection likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nice draft except it doesn't fill our most urgent need a QB.

Noam likes this.