PSL Holders Screwed Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by turbodog, Jun 15, 2017.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

2. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Doesn't seem like any actual legal talk in there to me.... How many other NFL teams sell season tickets without having to buy a PSL license after selling PSLs to the majority of the stadium? I don't know the answer but I know the Giants didn't do this bs.

3. Jetsfanforlife

Jetsfanforlife Active Member

Bottom line for me is nothing ventured, nothing gained. I’m not losing anything by inquiring and maybe becoming part of this suit if it has merit.

4. Mike Capobianco

That’s because the Giants care about their fans

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Giants charged upper deck season ticket holder $1,000.00 per seat for a PSL. The Jets charged meZero. Its not the team, its the idiots who bought the PSL when there was a PSL free area. I have no pity for anyone who did so. This site saw this coming years ago.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Gonna say this for the millionth time in mostly the same way. The Jets tried to twist long timers arms behind their backs by implying they could take your tickets away at any time for any reason if you didn't buy a PSL. I smelled a rat, and didn't do it. Guess what? Your PSL 'protections' is are a condom with a bunch of holes punched in it. Post #67, because I'ms still too freaking dumb as to how to do a post as as a direct link:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/psl-default-repercussions.88138/page-4#post-3608330

Hah, just got his email that I'm too lazy to scan in and redact personal info (copy/pasted):

"Dear Mr. Nice Guy and Mrs. Ballbuster (Account #bite my ass):

This is a courtesy notice that your 300-level Season Tickets will be released from your account in the next 24 hours. At this time, you will no longer have access to Jets Rewards and all Jets Rewards points that have been accrued to date will be forfeited.

As a reminder, this year we are offering Season Ticket Holders exclusive new benefits including a price freeze for the 2019 season when you renew using an automatic payment plan, free credit to use towards food, beverage, or merchandise, Jets Rewards points, and many others.

To renew your season tickets, please click here or call 800-469-JETS (5387).

We hope that we will see back this season at MetLife Stadium. Thank you for your continued support of your New York Jets.

Sincerely,
    The New York Jets
    800-469-JETS (5387)
    renew@newyorkjets.com

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL"

No, they're not begging, they're really not. And they're also full of shit liars.

7. GordonGecko

I have pity for them, because they did it out of (misplaced) loyalty to their team. Nobody wants to sit up there, it was PSL or no tickets and lots of longtime STHs were conned.

8. jetophile

No, nobody does; but my seats weren't as bad as you'd think after I managed to move lower and closer the 50 after they macheted my seniority to death with their stupidity (EVEN THOUGH I GOT IT IN WRITING WHEN THE WSS STADIUM WAS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING PROPOSED). The Jets acted like they were doing fans a favor by offering no PSLs in the UD, but kept telling old timers like me, you know, no transfer rights (FUKK YOU!), just to try to get me to sign on the dotted line for a PSL. I didn't take the bait, and guess what? No more PSLs required now where they were imploring me to sit after I could not afford to sit comparably to where I used to in The Old Dump. Anyway, this means that new STHs in the formerly PSL Sections don't have transfer rights, either, but yeah, screw this FO.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, to absorb non-PSLs in the UD for doing Jets fans this wondrous "favor" out of the goodness of their hearts, the Jets stuck Jets fans with a 12.5K higher PSL price in the same exact sections as the Giants. Correct, a 12.5K difference. That's egregious, especially since those 25K PSLs are now selling for about $4,500 on the secondary market. Giants fans got tooled, too, but not nearly as bad as Jets fans. I would've gladly paid $1K per to retain transfer rights. I wasn't fooled.

The Jets will probably be able to weasel their way out in court on the grounds of the class action suit on semantics alone. The Jets are claiming that they didn't take away the PSL rights for the Plaintiff to still reserve the right to purchase his season tickets. OK; but I'm still glad someone saw fit to make them look like the shysters they are. I'm telling you, my Willets Pt. post is still coming. Best day of my life was when Jay Cross hung up in my face. This is not about the Jets being inept on the field. This is about the organization treating their long time die-hards like garbage. I'm so glad I broke up with them. It's what everyone should do who has a shitty boyfriend.

#108 jetophile, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    sec314 likes this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I always sat in the upper deck and would have stayed there if the whole place was PSL free. Took me 5 years to get to a good seat, jets fucked me going to the new stadium and stuck me at the side of the end zone. Now I fucked them... STUBHUB

10. GordonGecko

You giving up your seat = 1 less seller + 1 more buyer. You and everyone walking away have a 2X effect on pricing pressure for Jets tickets. Deals will still be had, but the more people will stop paying for seasons, the more the market will stabilize and $20 lowers will be a thing of the past

11. jetophile

Hope they have to resort to sticking wax dummies in the seats to make it look like The New Dump is half full. I understand and get the logistics and mathematics of your argument, and you're right; but I'll take my chances when I want to go. To the bathroom. In my own house. While watching the Jets on TV.

12. HorribleEverySingleSeason

The upper deck at the previous stadium is a night and day difference in experience to the upper deck in this new dump. It's so much higher and the view is awful. I'd rather stay home and watch on TV, which is what I'll be doing now anyway lol

GordonGecko and JetsNation06 like this.
  13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes it is much high and farther. That's personal preference but for me, after a few games, its was fine. It was a shock at first. Just another reason to hate the new place. I still buy uppers when shopping on stub hub. Guess I am a " back of the bus" kinda guy

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone think ticket demand will go up if we pick Rosen or Mayfield and they wind up starting?

15. HorribleEverySingleSeason

Not enough to warrant paying face value for season tickets unless they start the season 4-0 or something which is not happening either way in my opinion.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was not considering seasons and won’t until I think we have a super bowl team

17. sickandtired

sickandtired Member

I will never consider season tickets again until they do away with preseason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18. jetophile

You said New Dump, you said New Dump, YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! I coined it after that garbage heap opened, glad you joined the flock who uses the term. The New Dump has as much appeal as a hospital waiting room. Better yet, an operating suite. In Venezuela. With unqualified doctors.

19. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Maybe for the first game or two. After that, unless the team is winning, no. The prices on TicketMaster, StubHub, SeatGeek, etc, will always be lower than face (outside of the New England game and maybe a few others - like GB this year and Dallas next year) until the team proves that it can be a consistent winner/competitor. Then and only then will I consider the new non-PSL Mezzanine season tickets. There is no reason to have season tickets at the current stadium. Saved nearly $2,000 last year on my previous 2 LLEZ PSL seats by becoming a game-by-game buyer. Figured out that 2 Mezz EZ seats and parking would be $2,150 a year. My wife and I discussed it, but decided let's see how much we spend in 2018 first. We spent $1,000 total last year attending 9 of 10 games (got 2 for free so that helped) and sat in the LL EZ, 20 yard line, Mezzanine and Mezzanine club. Was a cool experience after sitting in the same seats for the first 7 years of MetLife and I didn't mind because everyone else around me in my old seats gave up their seats as well.

There will come a time and a day where the second hand market will cost more or about the same again and at that time I'm sure there will be 2 seats available for me to purchase -- but until that time, screw them. I'm saving money. They're business people. They should understand. They never worked with me with pricing or gave a real discount to us PSL holders and they had their chances time and time again. I'll be back when it's worth it to be back. Not a second sooner.

sec314 and sickandtired like this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was thinking if I ever go back, I would attempt it after the pre-season games. I will never pay for that shit again