List the # of 1st Round QB Busts...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Mar 23, 2018.

1. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

It’s obvious you have no real thought/argument for someone with a differing opinion.

Before simply saying I haven’t done something, I suggest you actually analyze the film...

Not once but several times + you take into account how many times he is operating out of the shotgun, how many actual completions he makes/game. How many times does he runs the ball (needlessly). None of it speaks of a guy with the ability to operate an NFL offense.

The tape is bad + he needs work, not one expert disagrees. He’s an absolute stud in workouts + has a tremendous ceiling. Based on his tape alone, he would not be drafted near round 1...

So call it for what it is.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There is no point in arguing with someone making George and Cutler comparisons (probably a Hack one somewhere in there too)...
    Or fabricating claims that Wyoming protected him, didn't ask him to make difficult throws, that he didn't throw from the pocket, didn't take many snaps under Center......
    It's so far off the mark that I can't believe you watched at all...

3. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Agree, not sure we are watching the same kid.
    The one I watched completed 56% passes, threw 100 less passes this year vs last year and generally was unimpressive. People want him to be Wentz. Even his own coach admits he’s not the same player...

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  4. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

This is a pretty solid pun...

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea and two that won it...how dumb are Jets fans?

Cman68 likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The 10 people that liked this post just proves how dumb some Jets fans actually are...Two QBs that won the Superbowl and another that got there are on a list of busts and 10 idiots like the post.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..cam newton, joe flacco, rothlisberger and and palmer are busts now? somebody should have listed the definition before asking the question.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

So we are going to increase Allen’s accuracy by giving him more short throws? Seems counter intuitive as he’s demonstrated quite a bit he struggles with said throws.

Edit: I’m using “short” purposefully because statistically speaking, short throws in the NFL have the highest % completion.

I understand you are using “lay ups” to not necessarily mean “short” throws but my position is there aren’t many “lay up” throws to be had throughout a game. That would be a marginal impact, in my opinion.

#48 GQMartin, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That was good. Have to give you props.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

That is why percentages do not turn me on. So many of today's throws in the pros are "layups." Have no idea what he threw in Wyoming but if he had backs who could not catch it that would kill his percentages. And for people who talk about his competition there, i say "Ben Roethlisberger."

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I honestly think that accuracy is the #1 most important qb skill and I don’t believe Allen has accuracy issues.

1) Allen played a system that did not throw as often as other programs, which effects his completion percentage. If his offense called more screens and short passes, is it pretty fair to assume that his completion percentage would go up 4-5%? If that were the case, we wouldn’t even be discussing this.

2) Look at his Senior Bowl tape. I saw no ball placement issues.

I know we’re all traumatized about selecting a qb, but all 4 qbs have a lot of potential and we’re going to have trust our front office to make the right choice with so much of their careers and reputations on the line.

12. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Every fan thinks they know more than the GM or the coach. That’s the nature of the fan. We all like to play GM from the chair but we have to leave it to the front office, scouts and coaches to hopefully pick and select the “right” players for the team. I assume Mac and Jets have done a lot of HW and got all of the analytics, face to face interviews, and data in front of them. Yeah, it involves studying each player’s but its a crapshoot and involves a little bit of luck. Hopefully the luck is on our side.

I was not in favor of moving up and losing picks but they made the move and support it. Got to have faith that we find the right pick and to say this guys sucks or doesn’t have the completion rate before he even plays a NFL down is absurd. Let’s see what happensz

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think he couldve been an AFL superstar.... not so sure in 2018s NFL

14. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

It doesn't take too much of a logical leap to realise he's listing all potentially comparable QBs in recent history, rather than all potentially comparable QBs who have busted in recent history. Gives a feel for how often they can succeed as well.

legler82 likes this.
  15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Nowhere on that post does it state that it’s a “bust list” nor is it the OP that relates to the thread title.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Jeff George would be the first pick in this draft and it wouldn't be close.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.